Can you do a 6 GEN national dex patch in S/M/US/UM?

Halfshadow

Someone could create a 3DS patch to ingame use the X/Y or RO/ZA national dex to read from the S/M/US/UM SAVE file how many extra Alola pokémon you have seen or caught? Will be better of the bank national dex that is horrible, you have to close the game and log to internet to see how many pokémon you have seen or caught in every your own games, then maybe you have a Totodile (as example) in X/Y and then figure that you have it also in S/M and not is true...

But the save file record what you have or not... And a 6th GEN national dex will be enough for the pokémon that aren't in the Alola Rotom Dex.

Will be cool add the ink to the 6th GEN national dex with an extra button in the Alola dex, without close the game to ink to it.

Someone could make it?

And more, but is secondary, maybe could fix the Kadabra EverStone bug and put an NPC in Seafolk Village that sells the Apricorn balls? Is silly that the balls are full working in this game but you can obtain 1 of each for 1 save file.

There is another bug (In S/M, maybe also US/UM), if you save in front of the lottery girl and you talk with her to try the lottery when save the game tha game freeze. Could fix also this?

But is secondary, the priority goes to the national 6th gen dex, tha national bank dex is too silly.

This is an idea I've had since last year after SM released, but I was hoping USUM would have the National Dex. Now that we know it doesn't, I've been thinking about it again.

Since your save already registers all 807 seen/caught data, a patch would mostly be text based plus dex images, so I assume it'd be fairly easy. Otherwise, you'd just need replace the "Alola Pokedex" menu option, or somehow add a separate menu option(harder).

I was thinking custom dex entries would be fun, but it'd require a lot more time and effort than just copying old entries. It'd have to be a group effort, but idk how much interest there'd be in this.

We'd also need someone with the ability/knowledge to make an ips patch, who is willing. I've never done something like this, so I wouldn't have a clue how to start doing it myself.

Edited by Deoxyz

Isn't possible install a patch in the N3DS for who don't have a flashcard but could boot homebrew channel trough hax? An only patch for all the 4 games that have to be the same for the pokédex (and if you want also to add someone that sell apricorn balls will be same however I think)

And I'll prefer add an extra button, 'cause if you replace Alola pokédex you couldn't see Alola legendaries entries (except for the tapus), and if you copy RO/ZA or X/Y national dex, will be possible however see shiny and male/female forms?

Edited by Halfshadow

Technically speaking, everything is possible,
the question is how probable would it be, for someone with that level of technical expertise to be willing to spend their time doing this,
as opposed to, let's say, hacking the switch.

rant:

Spoiler

For amateurs, this is likely not something easy to do.
1. How do you expand the game text, and would it affect other entries?
2. Do you know where is the file that governs reading 3D model locations and the other game text (dex text is stored in game text as opposed to story text)
Likely to be also the same file that governs "next entry is a forme" as opposed to be being the next Pokemon. (hint: its not personal.narc)
(hint: Pokemon Models are stored in ascending order, with the formes being directly after the main Pokemon.
I know this for a fact, because I've swapped out files in that mega garc, and the Pokedex entries swapped out correctly.
Meaning that said theorized file controls what Pokemon is displayed, in terms of a list of sorts)

At this point theorizing different ideas are pointless.
I say, wait for volunteers with adequate technical expertise regarding this, to wave their hands and be willing to commit.

Only at that point you guys should throw your ideas around.
The last thing I want is for you guys&gals to get your hopes up, when no one is capable nor willing to commit.

I thought the texts and 3D models could stay in the patch itself and however not are very important, only the function to see if you have seen or caught, will be enough also this to start. However will be cute also have the function to see shiny/sex forms if you seen it. 

12 minutes ago, Halfshadow said:

I thought the texts and 3D models could stay in the patch itself and however not are very important, only the function to see if you have seen or caught, will be enough also this to start. However will be cute also have the function to see shiny/sex forms if you seen it. 

Actually there is a way to know whether you've seen or caught the Pokemon: the GTS, (the seeking portion, where you look for other Pokemon.)
tho that is likely, as troublesome as using Bank to check Nat dex.

I see but not is the same thing, you have however to connect the game to internet for a simple thing like check what amount of pokémon you have seen or caught... IMHO not is right not even that you have to connect (and pay, that is worse) to transfer pokémons from previous games.