help finding USUM animated sprites?

kyle72686

@Kalaxe  you might be confusing/misunderstanding what I'm saying.
Anyhow using the "resolutions" of the file itself isn't the right way to do it, since the Pokemon themselves come in varying sizes.

These screenshots should clear it up for you:

top_0056.png
Standard Zoom
top_0058.png
Fully Zoomed In
top_0057.png
Fully Zoomed Out

Now, I'll compare the relative size of the Pokemon in the GIF you mentioned, to the fully zoomed out image.
zoomed out comparison.png

Do you see how they're relatively the same size? That was my point.
My point was, the images used on pkparaiso (and also bulbapedia, since I took all the SM ones so I would know) are zoomed out in the pokedex mode.

Another example to reinforce my point, I'll use Poipole again.
zoomed out comparison2.png

Does my statement "If using sprites of consistent size is something that matters, whoever that is recording the animation, *may* want to take note of that" make sense now?

Once again, I'm not saying anyone is doing anything wrong.
My original post was meant to make this issue known, just in case that size consistency was a quality that was overlooked.
If size consistency doesn't matter to whomever that is using them, then continue on!

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@Kalaxe  you might be confusing/misunderstanding what I'm saying.
Anyhow using the "resolutions" of the file itself isn't the right way to do it, since the Pokemon themselves come in varying sizes.

These screenshots should clear it up for you:

top_0056.png
Standard Zoom
top_0058.png
Fully Zoomed In
top_0057.png
Fully Zoomed Out

Now, I'll compare the relative size of the Pokemon in the GIF you mentioned, to the fully zoomed out image.
zoomed out comparison.png

Do you see how they're relatively the same size? That was my point.
My point was, the images used on pkparaiso (and also bulbapedia, since I took all the SM ones so I would know) are zoomed out in the pokedex mode.

Another example to reinforce my point, I'll use Poipole again.
zoomed out comparison2.png

Does my statement "If using sprites of consistent size is something that matters, whoever that is recording the animation, *may* want to take note of that" make sense now?

Once again, I'm not saying anyone is doing anything wrong.
My original post was meant to make this issue known, just in case that size consistency was a quality that was overlooked.
If size consistency doesn't matter to whomever that is using them, then continue on!

Two back pictures in different directions,but I think the smaller one is more correct,,,,

Edited by Lessangel
  • Like 1

@theSLAYER idk I do not know what dimensions you used. That's why I have not touched the resolution any sprite, as seen in the pokedex so I have captured them. Anyway, if you rescale a sprite to a smaller size, I do not think quality will be lost. Another thing is if you rescale a small gif on a larger scale. I will consider if @Lessangel wants to do the shinys of all the S / M pokes later when he and I finish the exams. if we do, I will capture the pokemon as small as possible, as you do.

Anyway, when Ridaz sees the work, he decides if it is okay or can be improved

Edited by Kalaxe

2 hours ago, Kalaxe said:

@theSLAYER idk I do not know what dimensions you used. That's why I have not touched the resolution any sprite, as seen in the pokedex so I have captured them. Anyway, if you rescale a sprite to a smaller size, I do not think quality will be lost. Another thing is if you rescale a small gif on a larger scale. I will consider if @Lessangel wants to do the shinys of all the S / M pokes later when he and I finish the exams. if we do, I will capture the pokemon as small as possible, as you do.

Anyway, when Ridaz sees the work, he decides if it is okay or can be improved

The Pokedex in game, has a function that allows you to zoom in and zoom out. (the L and R bumpers/buttons of the 3DS controls that.)
I didn't modify the resolution of the images. (The 3 comparison images I shown above are exact screenshots)

Downscaling could potentially cause quality issues.
Capture.PNG

The black lines might disappear. (I used Nearest Neighbour as basis for downscaling)
<once again, the other model was using the nice back gif you've made>

In any case, I agree with you, and it depends on what @Ridaz decides.

Alright I read the rest of the posts. For sake of consistency, it's better to re-record it with the zoomed out way.
@Kalaxe even when downscaling, it's noticable that there's a change in the style. Mainly the outlines, and it wasn't resized to the Nearest Neighbour. Sorry for all the extra work

Edited by Ridaz
  • Like 1