help finding USUM animated sprites?

kyle72686

I know it's still kind of early, but does anyone know of a source for the animated sprites from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon or know how to rip them directly from the game? I have animated sprites, both regular and shiny, for everything prior to USUM, but haven't been able to find all the new pokemon and forms yet.

marshadow.gif

These are the kind of sprites I'm looking for. I am specifically looking for regular and shiny gifs of Poipole, Naganadel, Stakataka, Blacephalon, Zeraora, Pikachu (Partner Cap), Lycanrock (Dusk), Necrozma (Dusk Mane), Necrozma (Dawn Wings), and Necrozma (Ultra).

Thanks for any help and I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place.

EDIT: They've all been finished!

MUCH THANKS to theSLAYER for the other thread, lessangel for so many of these gifs, and BlackShark and parsath for the rest! I think that nearly completes my collection!

Ultra_Necrozma.gifNecrozmaUltraShiny3.gifezgif-4-5c19abcc16.gif800_2S.gif.df25b5e17e542a3978ba952e9564451c.gifDusk_Mane_Necrozma2.gifNecrozmaDuskShiny2.gifPoipole Animated.gifPoipoleShiny-Animated.gifNaganadel Animated.gifNaganadelShiny Animated.gifStakataka2.gif.4eb0be34e14eeadadb40909dd6fecd7c.gifStakataShiny2.gifBlacephalon2.gifBlacephalonShiny2.gifLycanroc2.gifLycanrocDuskShiny2.gif807.gif.e0d0709e2f8e36bd6f33f0039bb6c31d.gifZeraoraShiny2.gifPartner_Cap_Pikachu.gifpikachu-alolacap.gifpikachu-kaloscap.gifpikachu-unovacap.gifpikachu-sinnohcap.gifpikachu-hoenncap.gifpikachu-kantocap.gif

And the backs

800.3B.gif800.3SB.gif800.2B.gif800.2SB.gif800.1B.gif800.1SB.gif803B.gif803SB.gif804B.gif804SB.gif805B.gif805SB.gif806B.gif806SB.gif745.2B.gif745.2SB.gif807B.gif.ec0cac6c965ee9d8c8d617adb5f23f61.gif807SB.gifpikachu-alola-backsprite22.gifpikachu-ash-backsprite22.gifpikachu-hoenn-backsprite22.gifpikachu-kalos-backsprite22.gifpikachu-partner-backsprite22.gifpikachu-sinnoh-backsprite22.gifpikachu-unova-backsprite22.gif

Also, I am working on putting ALL of the front animated sprites together in one place, sorted by national pokedex number and separated by region: http://kylespokedexquest.blogspot.com/2017/12/kanto-animated-sprites.html

I currently don't have the Cosplay Pikachu costumes, shiny forms of the Cap and Cosplay Pikachu (if those even exist in the programming), shiny versions of the different Unown forms (except for X), and different sizes for regular Gourgeist. Please link me if you know where to find them or can make them. Thanks!

Edited by kyle72686
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, kyle72686 said:

I know it's still kind of early, but does anyone know of a source for the animated sprites from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon or know how to rip them directly from the game? I have animated sprites, both regular and shiny, for everything prior to USUM, but haven't been able to find all the new pokemon and forms yet.

marshadow.gif

These are the kind of sprites I'm looking for. I am specifically looking for regular and shiny gifs of Poipole, Naganadel, Stakataka, Blacephalon, Zeraora, Pikachu (Partner Cap), Lycanrock (Dusk), Necrozma (Dusk Mane), Necrozma (Dawn Wings), and Necrozma (Ultra).

Thanks for any help and I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place.P

Animated sprites aren't exactly "ripped out" from the game, since the game uses 3D models and subsequently add the black lines during gameplay.
How every animated sprite were obtained, required someone to record the screen, then removing the Pokedex background frame by frame.

(not too different from this: https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/41471-volunteers-needed-with-cleaning-animated-gifs-for-event-gallery/)

So unless someone somewhere puts in effort to doing so, we won't see it anytime soon...
(I too am looking for these, as I use them for our event gallery)

Thanks for the response. I didn't know the process that went into making those. If I had a capture card and software that could remove backgrounds, I'd probably try it myself. I have a gif maker on my phone, but it likely wouldn't turn out very good if I just recorded the movements with my phone camera and I don't think my gif maker can remove backgrounds or crop the images. 

I'll keep my eyes open for animated sprites at all the different places I've found them and post here if I find a complete collection for USUM somewhere. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 12:45 PM, kyle72686 said:

Thanks for the response. I didn't know the process that went into making those. If I had a capture card and software that could remove backgrounds, I'd probably try it myself. I have a gif maker on my phone, but it likely wouldn't turn out very good if I just recorded the movements with my phone camera and I don't think my gif maker can remove backgrounds or crop the images. 

I'll keep my eyes open for animated sprites at all the different places I've found them and post here if I find a complete collection for USUM somewhere. 

Hey I have a 3DS capture card I can record the Pokemon animations for you so you can make them into gif sprites. I need the sprites too so I'm willing to help. Let me know Thanks

Edited by Steinyamite

16 hours ago, Lessangel said:

E,,,do you have Alola pokemon's back shiny anime ? I can't find that ,,,

Go to this website to find the back shiny animations. https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani-back-shiny/ If you want to find a specific pokemon, type control f and search the pokemon. This website has great sprites, and the awesome thing is that they have a few fakemon x and y like sprites. To go to the front, just go here: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani-shiny/, and for normal front and back, take out the shiny words in both front and back links.

Edited by BossNecroz
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BossNecroz said:

Go to this website to find the back shiny animations. https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani-back-shiny/ If you want to find a specific pokemon, type control f and search the pokemon. This website has great sprites, and the awesome thing is that they have a few fakemon x and y like sprites. To go to the front, just go here: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani-shiny/, and for normal front and back, take out the shiny words in both front and back links.

yes,it is a good website , but I have look over it before , and still can't find alola pkm's back shiny anime , pokemonshowdown still use alola pkm's back anime to instead back shiny anime , you can click tapulele.gif  to check it up

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MegaKyurem said:

What program are you using to do that? I tried using photoshop to remove the color but all I end up getting is this (edit: Also, sorry the image is so bigLycanroc-dusk-edited.thumb.gif.5248ce120f87361cd9992a6189f3708a.gif

Any program to remove the transparency would do. 

For me, I export the layers as individual png, then use a website to compile then as gif

i think the website I used is ez-gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Any program to remove the transparency would do. 

For me, I export the layers as individual png, then use a website to compile then as gif

i think the website I used is ez-gif

For some reason that was with transparency. I think it was a glitch in photoshop but I found a workaround and now it works. Thanks though :D

Hi guys! I have a question. If I share the videos captured from the backs of USUM pokemon Can you please remove the transparent background ?, I would do it but lately I do not have much time, I'm with university exams. I hope your answer :) 

On 09/01/2018 at 9:09 PM, Kalaxe said:

Hi guys! I have a question. If I share the videos captured from the backs of USUM pokemon Can you please remove the transparent background ?, I would do it but lately I do not have much time, I'm with university exams. I hope your answer :) 

Yes, I think someone would get to it

On 1/9/2018 at 4:09 PM, Kalaxe said:

I can use piskelapp to clear the backs if you get the captures Kalaxe

13 hours ago, BossNecroz said:

I can use piskelapp to clear the backs if you get the captures Kalaxe

hi!  BossNecroz. okey,First of all, thanks for offering you   I'm going to upload the sprites on the back and pass the link here, so you can work several people. I need the shinys to capture, I hope to have them soon. On the other hand, I have already captured the backs of Naganadel, blacehop and Stakataka, the first 2 are not perfect but they are acceptable I think, but stakataka are perfect.

Edit: Well, I've uploaded the files to mega, if someone else wants to help, it would be great 

Edit2: following the advice of ridaz, I have uploaded the gifs of the pokes and with better quality. 

https://mega.nz/#F!Vg9ERLpS!XKqEmbVxewzm12sm8uFUWg

Edited by Kalaxe

2 hours ago, Ridaz said:

Yes, I think someone would get to it

hi ridaz, thanks for answering, i have a question,  Are you the same ridaz as the name of Pokémon Showdown? if so, it would be perfect to implement the new sprites in PS. if you are not, I'll take care of passing them to zarel or someone with relevance there.

33 minutes ago, Kalaxe said:

hi ridaz, thanks for answering, i have a question,  Are you the same ridaz as the name of Pokémon Showdown? if so, it would be perfect to implement the new sprites in PS. if you are not, I'll take care of passing them to zarel or someone with relevance there.

Yes I am. Yup that would be great.
Zarel is the best person to pass them on to, once they're complete. Second being myself

Edited by Ridaz