Total EV over 510 can save now?

liopds

Today I accidently found I could set to save pkm even if total EV of that pkm is above 510 which was not allowed in the past as I remember.

I'm using the newest official PKHeX just downlowned from this site.

Is it supposed to be so or just a bug?

57 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Not intended, will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for reporting :)

Thanks for reply.

Just curious.

Was this check removed by accident?

It always had this check as far as I can recall.

But my last version was very old about 1 year ago when S/M just released.

I guess you thoroughly rewrote the whole project in the past 1 year and forgot to add this check to the new project, right?

Edited by liopds

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem, when selecting Max IVs and EVs it simply does not allow saving or putting the Pokemon. I think the last version that worked was that of 17/11/17, after that they could not have more Pokémon with IVs and EVs maximum. I do not care if they are banned because I play emulator and not online or championships. Hope they fix soon.

1 hour ago, osmarweyh said:

I have the same problem, when selecting Max IVs and EVs it simply does not allow saving or putting the Pokemon. I think the last version that worked was that of 17/11/17, after that they could not have more Pokémon with IVs and EVs maximum. I do not care if they are banned because I play emulator and not online or championships. Hope they fix soon.

pretty sure that is working as intended. No illegal stats WITHOUT hax mode.

2 hours ago, Iispoor said:

how do u do that?

read this page:

12 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

pretty sure that is working as intended. No illegal stats WITHOUT hax mode.

read this page:

Cool thanks, also, if it's really illegal mode, why can't I choose a value higher than 31 for IV and 252 for EV? Or even save the stats themselves directly, so like setting Attack stat to something silliy - maybe 99999 or something hahahaha!? When I try to edit the stats and then set the pokemon, the stats revert back to the original pokemon's stats I based it off.

Also am I able to change pokemon type too? Like change caterpie's bug type to say maybe every single pokemon type there is and thus any attacks that come towards will either have no effect or reduced effect to half its original damage(or even more as type match-up is multiplicative rather than addictive), hah?

23 minutes ago, Iispoor said:

Cool thanks, also, if it's really illegal mode, why can't I choose a value higher than 31 for IV and 252 for EV? Or even save the stats themselves directly, so like setting Attack stat to something silliy - maybe 99999 or something hahahaha!? When I try to edit the stats and then set the pokemon, the stats revert back to the original pokemon's stats I based it off.

Also am I able to change pokemon type too? Like change caterpie's bug type to say maybe every single pokemon type there is and thus any attacks that come towards will either have no effect or reduced effect to half its original damage(or even more as type match-up is multiplicative rather than addictive), hah?

Party stats are not saved when stored in the box; the game tries to save as much space as possible.

IVs are 5 bits each (2^5, 0-31). Can't go any higher.

EVs are 8 bits each (2^8, 0-255). Recent games prevent them from increasing past 252.

Typing is determined by the ROM's Personal data. You'd have to edit the ROM instead of the save file.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Party stats are not saved when stored in the box; the game tries to save as much space as possible.

IVs are 5 bits each (2^5, 0-31). Can't go any higher.

EVs are 8 bits each (2^8, 0-255). Recent games prevent them from increasing past 252.

Typing is determined by the ROM's Personal data. You'd have to edit the ROM instead of the save file.

oh...

ok, how do I edit the attack stat, or any other stats for that matter, to 99999 such it will save when I set it? Because I tried setting in the battlebox and player inventory but they still revert....

Why did they prevent increasing past 252?

...yeah editing the rom is out of my league.....although I could download a no-intro rom(and use that as my guinea pig because I don't wanna mess with the original, and since I already own the genuine cart, there should be no morale objection...?) and edit that, assuming there's a noob friendly program for it, and then throw that onto my StarGate 3DS cart and play off that until I get bored of powerhousing and go back to the original pokemon cart I have and play that...heh...

Edited by Iispoor
update

21 hours ago, Iispoor said:

oh...

ok, how do I edit the attack stat, or any other stats for that matter, to 99999 such it will save when I set it? Because I tried setting in the battlebox and player inventory but they still revert....

Why did they prevent increasing past 252?

...yeah editing the rom is out of my league.....although I could download a no-intro rom(and use that as my guinea pig because I don't wanna mess with the original, and since I already own the genuine cart, there should be no morale objection...?) and edit that, assuming there's a noob friendly program for it, and then throw that onto my StarGate 3DS cart and play off that until I get bored of powerhousing and go back to the original pokemon cart I have and play that...heh...

Editing the ROM would require a direct code change, not a data file modification. Nobody is going to create an app to modify the direct code in that way. It's also not one small code change either. Lots of calculations rely on specific integer sizes. Most likely you would break/crash the game trying to make this modification.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 10:51 AM, Sabresite said:

Editing the ROM would require a direct code change, not a data file modification. Nobody is going to create an app to modify the direct code in that way. It's also not one small code change either. Lots of calculations rely on specific integer sizes. Most likely you would break/crash the game trying to make this modification.

O ok, fair enough...thanks for that. ?

On 10/1/2018 at 1:57 PM, theSLAYER said:

max should be 999, only in party. Battlebox. Box. Boxed pokemon don't store party data.

....actually the limit seems to be 34463 when I save the hacked pokemon in the party-battle box tab....but when you level up they revert back to their original values....they also apparently revert back to original stats, compensating any stat gains thanks to level ups, after one fight......photos attached.

WP_20181007_00_19_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20181007_00_19_47_Pro.jpg

WP_20181007_00_23_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20181007_00_23_43_Pro.jpg

`.PNG

WP_20181007_01_11_20_Pro.jpg