How copy entire boxes to a different game?

pkmfan

Is it possible to copy an entire box full of Pokemon and their items to a different game? For example, can I take Box 1 from Pokemon Moon and transfer it entirely to Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon? I have roughly 20 boxes full of Pokemon that I'd like to transfer. I know I can open up two instances of PKhex and drag/drop manually but that will take much longer. And if doable is there anything else I should keep in mind?

If my trainer name is the same in both games can I avoid having to add a manually add a "Latest (not OT) Handler" to each Pokemon I transfer over?

And I do realize Ultra Sun/Moon is not out, but I assume if you can copy an entire box from Sun to Moon it will work from Sun/Moon to the Ultra versions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Two options:

(Menu Ribbon) Tools -> Dump Boxes. Then drag and drop the folder into the destination save.

(SAV Tab) Export Boxes to a pcdata.bin, then drop the pcdata bin into the destination save. Can only be done if the pkm format is the same between games, and the box count must be the same too.

You can disable auto pkm ot fixing by unticking the checkbox in Options. I don't recommend doing that, as it'd possibly result in illegal pkm data.

Thank you. It looks like the first option worked with one small hiccup. It seems to import the boxes and automatically re-arrange them by number (for example, Bulbasaur is number 1 and therefore in position 1 of box 1). Is there anyway to import all boxes and have them keep their order?

And what exactly does the Loading overrides prompt do?

Yes - Modify .pk* when set to SAV

No - Don't modify .pk*

Cancel - Use Current settings (Yes)

Sorry for all the questions!

Thank you, that seemed  to have worked flawlessly in my test.

Rather than creating a new thread, maybe you can answer these questions if you don't mind:

- Can PKhex open a main file created from Citra?

- Can it open a main file of Pokemon Ultra S/M yet?

I have gotten Ultra Sun to work and have found the main file from the save, but it is not opening in PKhex. I am wondering if it is because it was created from Citra or if PKhex flat out does not support the Ultra titles yet. And if there is any workaround to get the main file to load, I'd appreciate that.

12 minutes ago, ReignOfComputer said:

Q1: Yes

Q2: 

I am getting an error, Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size. I'll take their word for it. Looks like enough has changed so that it isn't compatible at all with the current PKhex period. Hopefully that will change sooner rather than later.  :)

9 hours ago, pkmfan said:

I am getting an error, Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size. I'll take their word for it. Looks like enough has changed so that it isn't compatible at all with the current PKhex period. Hopefully that will change sooner rather than later.  :)

Download the pre-release version linked in that post.