HGSS is using 86h values! (also some other stuff regarding HGSS values)

Zekira

Well there are a lot of changes to the hex values... and I felt like spreading more info.

The next .pkm here is a Kingdra. It originally was an egg that came from Platinum, with the appropriate locations for where the egg was obtained. But the catch here is that it was hatched in SS. After hatching it there, I put it back in Platinum to investigate and I found that even the Egg Obtained and Met At values changed... along with the 44h-46h and the 86h value again. (if the statement about 86h is indeed about the ball, then this is the second case where the 86h is 04, and both of these .pkms have pokeballs).

It kind of made me curious as to how much the details suddenly changed. Look at the Met, Egg, and Hex data for this .pkm.

HGSS2.pkm

HGSS2.pkm

So far all of the pokemon I've caught with regular pokeballs have a value of 04, Master balls have 01, Ultra balls are 03 and net balls are 06.

Edit: Ultra balls are 02, Level balls are 12 and Dive balls are 07

Edited by joe1187
More 86h values for pokeballs

I haven't looked at the pokemon yet, but I will venture to guess that the diamond/pearl and platinum locations and egg locations represent "faraway place" or one of those, to describe that it was indeed hatched outside of those games.

Yeah, it says met a place 3002 (Faraway Place) and Hatched at Location 2002 (link trade [met])

Most of you may have already figured this out, but why not use the D/P/Pt Pokesav programs to make Pokemon for HG/SS, and just import them when the games come out in English? You have almost all of the knowledge about HG/SS now (like these new hidden values), so you'd be more prepared than other players.

Most of you may have already figured this out, but why not use the D/P/Pt Pokesav programs to make Pokemon for HG/SS, and just import them when the games come out in English? You have almost all of the knowledge about HG/SS now (like these new hidden values), so you'd be more prepared than other players.

We still need to know all the new 46h values. And those are a lot of values. >_>

And thanks for making a list, Wylfred. :)

Yeah, 46h values have the same purpose as they have in Plat.

Since all Johto Pokemon are from Farwayplace, they have to have those values... how fun.

Anyone here able to do some lists for the values?

I have the full list of 0x46 values, as well as most of the relevant HGSS SAV structure mapped out.

I'll be happy to help you guys, but I need help myself. Here's a deal: find me a way to write a HGSS save file to a retail cart and I'll post the list. :smile:

In order to edit your "Ball caught in", it doesn't matter if you don't change "Pokeball" when using the Johto Balls (the ones with *), so change it or not, it will only affect in-game if you change the 86h. The other Balls still change when you modify them in Pokesav, but I think the 86h is there as a verifier of some sort. (I think this should be implemented for Legality Checker when HG/SS compatibility is included for it).

86h || Poké Ball

01 = Master Ball

02 = Ultra Ball

03 = Great Ball

04 = Poke Ball

05 = Safari Ball

06 = Net Ball

07 = Dive Ball

08 = Nest Ball

09 = Repeat Ball

0A = Timer Ball

0B = Luxury Ball

0C = Premier Ball

0D = Dusk Ball

0E = Heal Ball

0F = Quick Ball

10 = Cherish Ball**

11 = Fast Ball*

12 = Level Ball*

13 = Lure Ball*

14 = Heavy Ball*

15 = Lovely Ball*

16 = Friend Ball*

17 = Moon Ball*

18 = Compé Ball*

*Pokesav shows this as Poké Ball

**Only for testing purposes

***Park Ball turns into Poke Ball (86h = 04)

Also, there is an included list of the Locations I have so far in a Excel Spreadsheet, I included only the ones I've visited and captured Pokémon from:

46h_47h_Research.rar

46h_47h_Research.rar