Corrupted Moon Save

Glazelf

Hey there, after uh editing some minor things in my Pokémon Moon save file, just moves on one of my Pokémon, and my save data got corrupted.
I have edited my save before, but nothing got corrupted
I can still open it in PkHex and I can still create a new save.

Things I've tried that didnt work;
-Exporting and reimporting my save
-Restarting my game and then importing my save
-Using a working backup

Help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

I added in my save file in case anyone wants to take a look or see if it isnt corrupted for them, if it isnt, please still supply advice on what to do.

main

3 minutes ago, Glazelf said:

Hey there, after uh editing some minor things in my Pokémon Moon save file, just moves on one of my Pokémon, and my save data got corrupted.
I have edited my save before, but nothing got corrupted
I can still open it in PkHex and I can still create a new save.

Things I've tried that didnt work;
-Exporting and reimporting my save
-Restarting my game and then importing my save
-Using a working backup

Help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

I added in my save file in case anyone wants to take a look or see if it isnt corrupted for them, if it isnt, please still supply advice on what to do.

main

Did you try deleting your save using JKSV and injecting an older backup?

I tried deleting my save using the maingame and then injecting an older backup. JKSV is not giving me that option.

I'm not sure what the difference would be, but I could try, is it because I'm using an outdated version of JKSV or something?

3 minutes ago, Glazelf said:

I tried deleting my save using the maingame and then injecting an older backup. JKSV is not giving me that option.

I'm not sure what the difference would be, but I could try, is it because I'm using an outdated version of JKSV or something?

There should be an option to delete the save in JKSV, use that. Then after deleting import an older save using JKSV, and report back what it shows.

It happened to me a couple of times. 

I have PkHex autobackup enabled, so I have a backup of my save file, but...

What I do:

1. Open Pkhex again to be sure that it still reads the save file. Save the 'main' again in the same folder if does.

2. Inject it again in the game.

3. It usually works. But if your save file can't be read by pkhex, you can always use your backup data to import it again.

29 minutes ago, BlackPyoVic said:

It happened to me a couple of times. 

I have PkHex autobackup enabled, so I have a backup of my save file, but...

What I do:

1. Open Pkhex again to be sure that it still reads the save file. Save the 'main' again in the same folder if does.

2. Inject it again in the game.

3. It usually works. But if your save file can't be read by pkhex, you can always use your backup data to import it again.

Could work as well.

3 minutes ago, Cecillia said:

Hmmm, did you delete it and then directly inject it without launching the game?

Without creating a new save? No, havent tried that yet, thanks for the suggestion, Ill try.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

what version of PKHeX?
I think only the beta one from teamcity can save USUM games.

Its about regular Moon.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

erm.

Show me a screenshot, of the folder containing the main file.
(on your computer. the SD card, not on 3DS)

3 minutes ago, Cecillia said:

Alright, that should likely fix the issue. Because it has to do with secure values IIRC.

Just removing saves ingame or manually somewhere? And if the latter, where would I do this?

Screenshot_1188.png

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

okay,when viewing the game title on your 3DS.,
there should be something like "export save" "import save" "delete secure value"

Select delete secure value, than import the save.

I've never seen the delete secure value option, been looking for it though

7 minutes ago, Glazelf said:

Just removing saves ingame or manually somewhere? And if the latter, where would I do this?

Screenshot_1188.png

You're Dutch or Flemish I see... Back on topic, be sure to have a current JKSV version. This QR:
 56217-d58420bc8cca7cd2fe28299ce60473e7.jpg.d69606ebebd6f47c9e2aa33eed4c5c17.jpg downloads from https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bl56qpwx949kah/JKSM.cia?dl=0
Use it with FBI. Anyhow, if your JKSV is really outdated, which is possible, means the Secure Value isn't automatically erased. This version does erase it. It should also have the possibility to delete the save on the game using it. Delete the save, and directly after it reinject. If extra explanation is needed I can screenshot it.

Edited by Cecillia