UU in OU

Ooka

So, I was thinking about making a team, and instead of using the general OU trash I decided to use the lesser tier Pokemon with lesser used sets, and it still ended up working out pretty well. 22-3 so far (As I found out that it's weak to rain dance twice from the same person O.o). I'm aiming for offense here, so try to only suggest tanks and attackers. The lesser used Pokemon are the preferred, however, I'll use anything, so just suggest what you think looks good. Sorry for not having much description, I'm never really good at that part. So help a brotha out.

i_dagutorio.gif (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Arena Trap

EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock

- Sucker Punch

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

So, I was wondering what I'd use as a lead, and I saw this guy. I use him to set up my rocks, as well as have the possibility of trapping the opponent and taking it out. I usually take out Elf with this thing, and it puts a dent in other things.

i_enperuto.gif (M) @ Petaya Berry

Ability: Torrent

EVs: 12 HP/12 Def/232 Spd/252 SAtk

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Agility

- Substitute

- Surf

- Grass Knot

Standard Agility / Petaya Empoleon, just because I wanted to use this guy but couldn't think of a set for him.

i_buubaan.gif (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Flame Body

EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Focus Blast

- Fire Blast

- Thunderbolt

This guy can kill most Lucario and Heatran, which I was a bit weak to (Although I find most Heatran as leads, and, well, looking at my lead you can guess what happens to them :/).

i_donfan.gif (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk

- Rapid Spin

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

Back-up for Dragon killing, as well as an extremely hard hitter and a Rapid Spinner.

i_porigontuu.gif (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Trace

EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SpA

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Ice Beam

- Discharge

- Recover

- Toxic / Magic Coat

This guy covers Heatran, Vaporeon, Gyarados, etc. Thanks to Anti for suggesting it.

i_raguraaji.gif (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Torrent

EVs: 104 HP/204 Atk/100 Def/100 Spe

- Waterfall

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Ice Punch

This guy hurts any Metagross or Blissey that think they own me. Thanks to Anti for suggesting the set.

So this is my new and improved team. It's working out great so far, although, hilariously, I have a Cradily weakness. xD

Actually, this team looks like it could work against many teams. But not against the basic OU trash teams that you hate so much. ;)

Anyway, most of it looks fine, but I'm not sure what Swampert is doing. I would switch him out for a lategame sweeper, preferably special, since while he does provide insurance for Metagross and Blissey, Dugtrio will massacre both. Just sayin'. As an option for switching him out, not much doesn't qualify as OU trash. Alakazam is rarely used and unbelievably powerful, Jolteon goes with him. Neither of them are in the top 20 used, with Alakazam being the 50th. Dragonite is also a good option as a mini-salamence, with him being fairly far down the list as well.

Make sure you know your response for every one of the top leads with your Dugtrio.

Just saying, but Swampert is one of those "Overused trash" pokes

I've posted this team on another site, and Swampert was originally DDLapras, however, it was decided that this guy didn't have to set up, and could kill things like Blissey and Meta. Here is the post, and quite an intelligent one at that: (And yes, the team was quite horrid when I first started it)

I doubt this team is relevant anymore, but I figure I'd post. First of all, Gyarados clean sweeps you. I mean, it can come in on the majority of your team and just clean it completely. Lucario has more trouble switching in, but it has the same easy time setting up on you and proceeding to hammer you. Spiritomb has no way or hurting it, so it can just get +6 Atk and OHKO with Crunch or Stone Edge, bypassing Pain Split, Life Orb, and Pressure issues. An opposing Empoleon could basically sweep you with no problem unless it takes a lot of damaging switching in and your Empoleon is at full health. Another problem is SubTran (and really Heatran in general), as you lack any kind of special walling presence so it can do a ton of damage to most of this team, and so does Metagross. Basically, any Steel sweeper is going to give you trouble. Probably the worst weakness is the one to Scizor (+2 LO Bullet Punch OHKOes Charizard after SR...). There's also MixApe, Heracross, LO Latias, and just a whole list of threats that bring you down. If you're wondering why this wasn't approved on PC (and based by your goodbye message I'd say that's a pretty safe assumption =\), it's the whole team being weak to most of the top ten. And then some.

On the defensive end, SkarmBliss (and really stall in general) has no trouble at all walling the whole team. As awesome as Lapras is, SR wears it down quickly (translation: watch our for Whirlwind), and it's 100% outclassed by Kingdra - better Attack, better Speed, no SR weak, worse typing both offensively and defensively, and STAB Outrage are just way more valuable than more bulk.

Alright, I think you get the idea. I'll try my best to implement lesser used Pokemon. First of all, get rid of Charizard. Being locked into Focus Punch is bad, and if you happen to get a kill, you're OHKOed by Pursuit (assuming you've taken SR damage). Speaking of SR, man does it waste Charizard. You get two revenge kills with it thanks to Stealth Rock, and its power is so underwhelming already that it will just be set-up fodder. Spiritomb, as you eluded to, is basically waiting to get stepped on. Lapras needs to be replaced by Kingdra or something else entirely if you're not down with using a mid-OU.

To fix your numerous problems, I have some suggestions. First of all, I would use Porygon2 over Spiritomb. It beats Jolteon, Heatran, and Gyarados, all of whom you have tremendous problems with, though you will have to watch out for SubTran still. I'm no Porygon2 fan, but it seems to fit here, and either Toxic or paralysis support helps you a lot. Next, I would use the horribly OU but still drastically needed ScarfTran to wipe out Lucario and Scizor, and you'll have insurance against Heracross and Infernape should they ever get in. In Lapras' slot I wouldn't use Kingdra, but instead a Choice Band Swampert. It hammer Blissey and Metagross while luring in various threats to their deaths. I've used to set a lot and it's very good. Swampert is an OU Pokemon, but the set is very unique (yet effective) so I figured it would fit into the theme well enough.

Actually, this team looks like it could work against many teams. But not against the basic OU trash teams that you hate so much. ;)

Anyway, most of it looks fine, but I'm not sure what Swampert is doing. I would switch him out for a lategame sweeper, preferably special, since while he does provide insurance for Metagross and Blissey, Dugtrio will massacre both. Just sayin'. As an option for switching him out, not much doesn't qualify as OU trash. Alakazam is rarely used and unbelievably powerful, Jolteon goes with him. Neither of them are in the top 20 used, with Alakazam being the 50th. Dragonite is also a good option as a mini-salamence, with him being fairly far down the list as well.

Make sure you know your response for every one of the top leads with your Dugtrio.

Not really any need for Dnite on this team. Also, even if Duggy doesn't do well against an opposing lead, I can bring him back in later for some late sweeping.

If your playing OU then MixApe is gonna hurt since it kills 5/6 Pokemon since Dugtrios Adamant, and Magmortar with Stealth Rock around doesn't stay around long.

Yeah, I've noticed the Nape weakness as well, and I've tried to work it out. When I had Charizard over Magmortar, I had much less of a problem with Nape, however, Donphan isn't that great at Rapid Spinning, so he'd always end up getting hit with Rocks and end up dying. I also thought about Vaporeon over Empoleon, but Vaporeon is used much more than Empoleon which is what I'm trying to avoid. The only reason I've kept Swampert is because it actually does help this team tremendously. So if you have any suggestions, I'm all for replacing Magmortar or Donphan, they don't help much in the long run (Donphan helps less than Magmortar, just for the record).

• 2 weeks later...
Swampert dosen't seem to be doing much here=/ I'd lose him for a good late game sweeper

Try this:

Salamence@Naive

Life Orb

16 Atk / 240 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd

-Draco Meteor

-Flamethrower

-Outrage

-Earthquake

Boooo!

Did you not get his theme? He's trying to do UU in the OU tier.

I didn't think it was rude tbh but fair enough I apologize

but my observation stands

empoleon and swampert are OU so they would be banned in a UU team

Well, um, don't mean to be rude, but if you would have read the first post you'd see that this team is for OU battles.