Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Datamining

evandixon

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

What are you talking about? Lol.

I can understand if you're talking about a demo.
they did a bad job with SM demo, ie. they didn't delete all the files not used by the demo.
Why have a sprite of Marshadow in the demo, when it isn't used by the demo?

But if you're talking about the main game, then you must be really confused.
The game needs to have the resources in the data, in order to be able to access it on demand.
(Sprite of Marshadow needs to be there, cause at some point it'll be distributed)

The only way they can truly "hide something", is if it didn't exist.
That would mean, in order to receive marshadow, you'll need to download the patch to the game.
But that'll be kinda unfair to people who don't have the internet.
Downloading a wonder card at public wifi, probably fast. downloading an entire patch, that'll probably get disconnected multiple times.
(assuming the public wifi point has slow network that DCs alot)

In any case, what @Cecillia said. data doesn't work that way...
plus our dataminers are usually viewing raw data, and interpreting the results...
It's not like all the data are in plain view. They simply name the files plainly now, in multiple folders that are also named plainly.

<also what I find funny: self deleting data. that is simply insane. how does it differentiate if the 3DS is reading the data, or someone is accessing it externally? what if a glitch crops up and delete it (like gateway's malicious bricking code being activated by a glitch).>

I was talking about a demo, cuz that way, we can get more demos, and not ruin the whole game 

To anyone curious about it, yes you can legitimately trade Totems to Sun/Moon. Here's an example of a Totem Alolan Raticate I traded to SM, and how it appears in-game:

Spoiler

top_0007.jpg.dd542de2c8a572a2afb0ffbeac6f0498.jpg

bot_0007.jpg.6fc786afb9a63157c4ef8c3e24fa49b3.jpg

However, trying to trade a Totem (or obviously any Pokemon/Form introduced in USUM for the matter) such as Araquanid, Marowak, Togedemaru, or Ribombee will simply be blocked.

Regarding PokeDex registry, they'll be recorded as normal Pokemon and not in their Totem reserved spots. Also worth noting that their Totem entries are blank, but QR Codes are available through Dex hacking:

Spoiler

top_0011.jpg.5dfb1f03d3d5f96f704e3a1001e07e2d.jpg

top_0010.jpg.042aa20189bd72ae8d66eaf90df65460.jpg

bot_0011.jpg.10268490588dd826e250c8ad30bd7f53.jpg

bot_0010.jpg.a365d332fb86613341cb4379ea8bf97a.jpg

• Like 3

Heya !

First I wanted to say a huge thanks to data-miners for all the data found, because well it helped me for the game i'm developping. I'm posting here because i'm missing some informations that i'd like to know in order to finish and push my USUM update right when the games will be out :

1) Is there any catch rate change ? I've heard for Necrozma, UBs, Xerneas / Yveltal but I wanted to be sure ?

2) What are the new Pokemon catch rate ? (I've seen some informations about that in Smogon, but wanted to be sure)

3) Any information about the Base EXP Yeld for the new Pokemon ?

Thanks o/

22 hours ago, IceFireKyurem said:

You know what I wish that gamefreak did, that they probably didn't, butwould make them smarter and avoid spoiling the whole game with datamining? I wish that they hid stuff like new alola forms, new Z crystals, and stuff for event only thingsin folders that if a data miner tried to access would either given them false data or delete itself, don't get me wrong, I love this datamine forum, but it would add more mystery to the game, you know what I mean?

You might get your wish with the next Pokemon games on the Switch, depending how badly the Switch is hacked by the time it's released.

When users have full control over the system, like with the 3DS their's nothing much you can do.

Found the hair location in the ROM itself. For the female trainer hair is in romfs:/a/2/1/5
In romfs:/a/2/1/X* are the female 3D clothing/hair files. 
For the male trainer hair is in romfs:/a/2/0/3
The other clothing items are for the male trainer in romfs:/a/2/0/X*

EDIT: Clothes also appear to be somewhere in romfs:/a/1/8/X* for eg male clothes.
EDIT 2: I'm still looking into more details of the clothes location. Gotta write it up.
EDIT 3: Located female's clothes in romfs:/a/1/9/X*

*X is a number from 0 to 9

Edited by Cecillia
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Cecillia said:

Found the hair location in the ROM itself. For the female trainer hair is in romfs:/a/2/1/5
In romfs:/a/2/1/X* are the female 3D clothing/hair files. 
For the male trainer hair is in romfs:/a/2/0/3
The other clothing items are for the male trainer in romfs:/a/2/0/X*

EDIT: Clothes also appear to be somewhere in romfs:/a/1/8/X* for eg male clothes.
EDIT 2: I'm still looking into more details of the clothes location. Gotta write it up.
EDIT 3: Located female's clothes in romfs:/a/1/9/X*

*X is a number from 0 to 9

This might seem out of left field, but is it at all a possibility to adapt the clothing and hairstyles from X and Y into USUM? I wasn't particularly fond of Sun and Moon's clothing options and I'm concerned it'll be an issue again.

3 hours ago, TrainerGary7 said:

This might seem out of left field, but is it at all a possibility to adapt the clothing and hairstyles from X and Y into USUM? I wasn't particularly fond of Sun and Moon's clothing options and I'm concerned it'll be an issue again.

I don't think it's possible due to the fact how the overworld models and the files work.

1 hour ago, CherenAlexander said:

Any information on where the key stone is? I've been searching for it ingame for a few days and haven't managed to find it. Dexio and Sina don't appear on Ancient Poni Path to give it to me, so I'm left confused. Any information on it?

Postgame only like original Sun and Moon.

3 hours ago, CherenAlexander said:

Yeah, like I said, I've covered everywhere on Poni. When I get the chance I'll probably just use PKHeX to enable Mega Evolution.

On Sun a while back, my friend flew to the ruins and missed the event trigger when heading up to the Battle Tree. If that's the case, the event trigger should be on the path to Hapu's house from there.

9 hours ago, Cecillia said:

I don't think it's possible due to the fact how the overworld models and the files work.

Ah, well. I had an inclination. Thanks for the answer.

The coding error for Synchronize effect on the nature of SOS called Pokémon is still present in USUL :
The nature of the first party Pokémon (in the order before the battle) is taken into account for Synchronize's effect instead of the nature of the Synchronizer (who may not be in first party slot) when an ally is called while the Synchronizer is on the field.
Synchronize keeps affecting the nature of newly called allies as long as the Synchronizer is on the field, even if the Synchronizer changes its ability by using Imitate/Skill Swap.

Thus, only one Synchronizer is needed for SOS chains.

Also, the non-chainable wild Pokémon in USUL (aside from all the Ultra Dimension wild Pokés) seem to be :
- Minior, Wimpod, Komala, because their Call Rate is still 0.
- Passimian, Oranguru, Metapod, Jangmo-o, Bisharp because they can only call allies from other species.

The Pokémon that can only be met with SOS calls are :
Walking : Happiny (Pichy/Bonsly/Mime.Jr/Munchlax/Smoochun/Elekid/Magby/Riolu/Cleffa/Igglybuff), Pikachu (Pichu), Sudowoodo (Bonsly), Mr.Mime (Mime.Jr), Snorlax (Munchlax), Jynx (Smoochun), Elektek (Elekid), Magmar (Magby), Lucario (Riolu), Clefable (Cleffa), Jigglypuff (Igglybuff), Shelgon (Bagon, Kala'e Bay), Salamence (Bagon, Route 3), Slowbro (Slowpoke, Kala'e Bay), Sloking (Slowpoke, Kala'e Bay), Sableye (Carbink), Flabebe formes 2,4 (Flabebe), Floette formes 2,4 (Floette), Espeon (Evee, Day), Umbreon (Evee, Night), Fletchlinder (Fletchling), Xatu (Natu), Salazzle (Salandit, Lush Jungle/Wela Volcano Park), Volcarona (Larvesta), Crobat (Golbat, Lush Jungle/Resolution Cave), Pangoro (Pancham), Toucannon (Trumbeak, Route 11/Poni), Pawniard (Bisharp), Mudslale (Mudbray, Route 12/Blush Mountain), Balbuto (Any Pkmn in Haina Desert), Persian (Meowth, Malie Garden), Vikavolt (Charjabug, Day), Gengar (Haunter), Lockpin (Buneary, Poni Grove), Ampipom (Apom), Blissey (Chansey), Kommo-o (Jangmo-o), Hakamo-o (Jangmo-o).

Fishing / Surfing : Gyarados (Magikarp), Starmie (Staryu), Seaking (Goldeen), Lanturn (Chinchou), Sharpedo (Carvanha), Gorebyss (Clamperl, Day), Huntail (Clamperl, Night), Whiscash (Barboach), Dragonair (Dratini), Dragonite (Dratini), Crawdaunt (Corphish), Mareanie (Corsola), Octillery (Remoraid)