Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Datamining

evandixon

So........no Roserade or Breloom? Man, I'm really not satisfied with the Grass types to pick from. I love Decidueye and Tsareena but I'll be choosing Popplio as my starter and Tsareena is too similar to a Mienshao that I'll be getting later on (Hi Jump Kick, Flying weakness). I guess I'll hunker down and use Lurantis because it can learn some decent Bug moves. 

Also, are Golett and Baltoy lines version exclusive? I read the encounter tables and Golett/Glourk wasn't brought up once yet they're in the dex. Are Golett/Golurk in Sun while Baltoy/Claydol are in Moon?

Also, is Houndoom's mega stone in Sun while Manectric's mega stone is in Moon? I really hope they don't pull that X/Y version exclusive mega stone mixup crap on us again. I'm planning on using Mega Houndoom on my Ultra Sun team. 

Edited by CanzetYote

On 2017/11/10 at 2:55 AM, CureLovelyWarrior said:

I'm now seeing a rumor that apricorn balls can be BOUGHT in Game Freak's building. Can you please post poke-mart/shop data to confirm if this is true? 

Would you please upload USUM zapdos pk 7?

Edited by .ninja

1 hour ago, ReignOfComputer said:

More screenshots, also you don't need to use silly motion controls to ultra warp, change from motion controls to circle pad in the Gamefreak Building at Heahea City.

Hide contents

top_0046.jpgtop_0047.jpgtop_0048.jpgtop_0049.jpgtop_0050.jpgtop_0051.jpgtop_0052.jpgtop_0053.jpg

Yeah someone told me!
Got Articuno, Registeel, Yveltal, Mewtwo!

Also, for non-legends, the Pokemon's shininess is predetermined the moment you land in the ultra space.
So you can SR for a different nature and it'll still be shiny! (only if you save before the battle commences, of course)

I encountered a Shiny Magcargo pretty easily, and the wormhole wasn't even flashy XD

4 minutes ago, ReignOfComputer said:

Do we know if there are any conditions for encountering specific legendaries (e.g. time/day/counterpart in party)? Are there only a set few every day or are all the legendaries out there all at once?

I think the trailers or japanese site mentioned you'll need Zekrom and Reshiram for Kyurem.

6 minutes ago, ReignOfComputer said:

Do we know if there are any conditions for encountering specific legendaries (e.g. time/day/counterpart in party)? Are there only a set few every day or are all the legendaries out there all at once?

Only that four legendaries need both their version exclusive counterparts in the party.

For Suicune, Entei and Raikou.
For Giratina, Dialga and Palkia.
For Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom.
For Landorus, Thundurus and Tornadus.

Edited by Invader TAK
  • Like 2
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

52 minutes ago, MichiS97 said:

What's the mechanic to catch the legendaries anyway? Like how do the ultra wormholes work? 

Ultra Wormhole minigame, fly through wormholes and there's a chance the wormhole you fly in has a legendary in it.

-----

On 11/10/2017 at 6:40 PM, theSLAYER said:

Spoilers ahead:
Z Crystals

Hide contents

Solgalium Z - ?
Lunalium Z - ?

Spoiler

Post-game, meet Lillie in Ruins of Conflict. She "entrusts" Solgaleo / Lunala (Nebby) to you, and gives you the Z-Crystal.

-----

Last screenshots dump (x39, major spoilers):

Spoiler

top_0054.jpgtop_0055.jpgtop_0056.jpgtop_0058.jpgtop_0059.jpgtop_0060.jpgtop_0061.jpgtop_0062.jpgtop_0063.jpgtop_0064.jpgtop_0065.jpgtop_0066.jpgtop_0067.jpgtop_0068.jpgtop_0069.jpgtop_0070.jpgtop_0071.jpgtop_0072.jpgtop_0073.jpgtop_0074.jpgtop_0075.jpgtop_0076.jpgtop_0077.jpgtop_0078.jpgtop_0079.jpgtop_0080.jpgtop_0081.jpgtop_0082.jpgtop_0083.jpgtop_0084.jpgtop_0085.jpgtop_0086.jpgtop_0087.jpgtop_0088.jpgtop_0089.jpgtop_0090.jpgtop_0091.jpgtop_0092.jpgtop_0093.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah someone told me!
Got Articuno, Registeel, Yveltal, Mewtwo!

Also, for non-legends, the Pokemon's shininess is predetermined the moment you land in the ultra space.
So you can SR for a different nature and it'll still be shiny! (only if you save before the battle commences, of course)

I encountered a Shiny Magcargo pretty easily, and the wormhole wasn't even flashy XD

Are the legendaries SR able for shininess? Also are how do you know normals are shiny or not?

10 minutes ago, Cecillia said:

Are the legendaries SR able for shininess? Also are how do you know normals are shiny or not?

I've got a patch on. Patch enables Pokemon that is not shiny locked to appear shiny.
Based on my experience, Legends can be SR'd.
Normals in the wormhole, appeared to use a different routine, cause under the patch, they've been mostly not shiny.
I've encountered one that was shiny (even after SR and with patch off)

Z Crystals Round-up

Spoiler

Snorlium Z, Mewnium Z, Marshadium Z:
Tide Song Hotel (Akala Island), 3F, 1st Left room from the Elevator: Guy gives it to ya , if you bring the respective Pokemon.

Lycanium Z - Given by Hau after defeating him the first time on Ula'ula Island.

Pikashunium Z - When you bring a Cap Pikachu to a Pikachu to the most right hand corner of the Pikachu Valley, that overworld Pikachu will bestow it to you.
Pikanium Z - change to outside Grand Hano Resort, given by a movie star pikachu relaxing with his bodyguard.

Alola Raichunium z - appears to be no change from SM
Eeveenium Z - appears to be no change from SM

Starters Z - Get your starter from Kukui after Guzma (same as SM).
remainder 2 - defeat Hala at Iki Town during post game.

Solganium Z - US: Held by Nebby UM: Held by Cosmog in Reverse world
Lunalium Z - US: Held by Cosmog in Reverse World. UM: Held by Nebby
Kommonium Z - Cave in Poni Plans (Plains Grotto)

Ultra Necrozium - Held by Necrozma, at Victory Road

Mimikyunium Z - In-game night time, Abandoned Mega Thrift store, Post game.

Thanks for all of the information.

How do you obtain Roto Powers? Does Roto Bargain stack with the Thrify Megamart discount so you can get infinite money? (Activate Bargain, buy 999 Strange Souvenirs for 25% of the original price and sell them for 50% of the original price, repeat.) 

You know what I wish that gamefreak did, that they probably didn't, butwould make them smarter and avoid spoiling the whole game with datamining? I wish that they hid stuff like new alola forms, new Z crystals, and stuff for event only thingsin folders that if a data miner tried to access would either given them false data or delete itself, don't get me wrong, I love this datamine forum, but it would add more mystery to the game, you know what I mean?

2 minutes ago, IceFireKyurem said:

You know what I wish that gamefreak did, that they probably didn't, butwould make them smarter and avoid spoiling the whole game with datamining? I wish that they hid stuff like new alola forms, new Z crystals, and stuff for event only thingsin folders that if a data miner tried to access would either given them false data or delete itself, don't get me wrong, I love this datamine forum, but it would add more mystery to the game, you know what I mean?

That's technically impossible, as data doesn't work that way.

1 hour ago, IceFireKyurem said:

What are you talking about? Lol.

I can understand if you're talking about a demo.
they did a bad job with SM demo, ie. they didn't delete all the files not used by the demo.
Why have a sprite of Marshadow in the demo, when it isn't used by the demo?

But if you're talking about the main game, then you must be really confused.
The game needs to have the resources in the data, in order to be able to access it on demand.
(Sprite of Marshadow needs to be there, cause at some point it'll be distributed)

The only way they can truly "hide something", is if it didn't exist.
That would mean, in order to receive marshadow, you'll need to download the patch to the game.
But that'll be kinda unfair to people who don't have the internet.
Downloading a wonder card at public wifi, probably fast. downloading an entire patch, that'll probably get disconnected multiple times.
(assuming the public wifi point has slow network that DCs alot)

In any case, what @Cecillia said. data doesn't work that way...
plus our dataminers are usually viewing raw data, and interpreting the results...
It's not like all the data are in plain view. They simply name the files plainly now, in multiple folders that are also named plainly.

<also what I find funny: self deleting data. that is simply insane. how does it differentiate if the 3DS is reading the data, or someone is accessing it externally? what if a glitch crops up and delete it (like gateway's malicious bricking code being activated by a glitch).>