Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Datamining

evandixon

logos.png

It's that time of year. Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon datamining has begun. To start, @SciresM has extracted the following resources:

This article will be updated as new information is found. The link below contains the research done so far:
https://projectpokemon.org/research/usum/ 

Warning: SPOILERS ahead (Only Links given right now to avoid lagging spoiler tags from accidentally revealing itself).

New models of UBs, a new Mythical, and three forms of Necrozma. Necrozma forms are also leaked.

Datamined Resources (Models)

• Ultranecrozium Z is a Z-crystal that transforms Necrozma fused with Solgaleo or Lunala into a new form.
  • Ultra Necrozma is Psychic/Dragon type with a base stat total of 754 with this stat spread: 97/167/97/167/97/129
  • Light that Burns the Sky, the signature move associated with Ultra Necrozma, comes with the following flavour text:
    "This attack inflicts Attack or Sp. Atk damage, whichever stat is higher for the user, Necrozma. This move ignores the target's Ability." It is triggered using Ultranecrozium Z with the move "Photon Geyser".
  • There are no new Alolan forms discovered.
  • UB: Adhesive is named Poipole. When it learns Dragon Pulse, it evolves into Naganadel, which is Poison/Dragon type. Poipole's BST is 420 and has a stat spread of 67/73/67/73/67/73. Nagandel's BST is 540 and has a stat spread of 73/73/73/127/73/121.
  • UB: Assembly is named Stakataka, It has 570 BST and has the following stat spread: 61/131/211/53/101/13
  • UB: Burst is named Blacephalon, It has 570 BST and has the following stat spread: 53/127/53/151/79/107
  • A new mythical Electric type Pokemon named Zeraora is also in the game data. It has 600 BST and has a stat spread of 88/112/75/102/80/143.
  • Marowak, Araquanid, Togedemaru, Ribombee are new totems
  • None of the UBs are shiny locked. Necrozma, Solgaleo, Lunala, and the Tapus are still shiny locked, however.
  • Cosmog, Magearna, Totems, Zygarde, Cap Pikachu are shiny locked gifts, all others are not locked.
  • National Dex is not available in this game. The full Alola dex picture is uploaded here. (Warning: ~15 MB!)

Island Scans Data
(note: Time and location data are not yet discovered)

• Melemele:
    charmander.pngsquirtle.pngonix.pnghorsea.pngscatterbug.pngbulbasaur.png litwick.png
  • Akala:
    ralts.pngspheal.pngcombusken.pnghonedge.pngbeedrill.pnggrovyle.pngmarshtomp.png
  • Ula'ula:
    rhyhorn.pngswinub.pngprinlup.pnggrotle.pngpidgeot.pngmonferno.pngaxew.png
  • Poni:
    eelektross.pngaggron.pngrotom.pngleavanny.pngchesnaught.pnggreninja.pngdelphox.png

View full article

• Like 1
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1
  • Amazed 2
  • Proud 1

Looks like Adhesive/Poipole evolves to Naganadel like Inkay to Malamar, at least design wise. I wonder if it's triggered by the same mechanic?

Anyway, I'm only greatly disappointed by the lack of NatDex, but I saw that coming tbh. Also could have used a few more UBs and/or Alolan forms, but I can live with that I guess. Glad UBs aren't shiny locked, as I had hoped. Though no excuse for Zygarde to STILL be shiny locked.

New mythical and the third Necrozma form were expected, both look pretty cool. Odd how Ultra Necrozma sort of still resembles Dawn Wings, yet no features of Dusk Mane.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, c.link86 said:

latest pk hex wont reconize a save dump using JKSM

If you compile the pkhex today I will recognize the save but I do not recommend it because it corrupted the save :(. It is better to wait for it to be compiled officially

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ChokingVictim87 said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask,but is it possible to play Ultra Moon then edit the save file in PKhex so it can be injected into a cart copy of Ultra Sun?

Maybe eventually. But it would be the same compatibility sun and moon had with each other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChokingVictim87 said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask,but is it possible to play Ultra Moon then edit the save file in PKhex so it can be injected into a cart copy of Ultra Sun?

I'm not an expert, but I would probably not do this.  I think it would be best to edit US & UM individually. I guess worse case scenario, you just have to delete the cart main save file.

Edited by mrmikeryan
edit