Pokemon Memory Index list

NinjaBoyLao

How do I determine which memories are assigned to which index? When checking a pokemon's legality, occasionally, it will tell me that memories are expected to be different indices, usually on internally traded pokemon (in game trades with npcs) that got touched by pksm. I tried to pick through the source on GitHub, and I searched with the search function in this forum, but nothing came up that specifically listed which memory ("{0} did blah with {2} blah blah {1}") was matched to which index number ("Invalid: OT Memory: TextVar should be index 40", etc etc). 

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, this is my first post here, and the "read before posting" said "This forum section IS for requesting information on how a feature works."

Edited by NinjaBoyLao

I think the batch editor can use those indexes for the pkms you need to fix.

In the text resource, Memories start at line 39 (memory 0) and are in ascending order if you'd prefer to fix manually.

The legality checker is aimed to highlight flaws first, suggesting fixes second. Hooking up descriptive suggestion messages takes time and isn't really worth my time for every single flagged case ;)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply, what do you mean "in the text resource"? Also, by "in ascending order" do you mean counting off from the top downwards?

I played around with it a little bit and fixed a few of the issues it was suggesting, now all it says is "Invalid: OT Memory should be index 1" which going by what I learned should be the top entry, but seems to not be.

Sorry to be nearly an entire day slow, I had to work and just recently got home.

To anyone who gets here from a search about Memory Index, these two files present the options in index order, rather than the default alphabetical sort order PKHeX presents you with. Thanks again Kaphotics :)

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/master/PKHeX.Core/Resources/text/en/text_GenLoc_en.txt

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/master/PKHeX.Core/Resources/text/en/text_Memories_en.txt