Poketransfer Pokémon PID mismatch

Cecillia

Hello,

I found an issue with PKHeX, which I will explain, I found this specific issue only being there with Pokémon transferred to BW/B2W2 from Gen III, including Colosseum/XD, (sent to Gen IV prior) and Gen IV games, which are afterwards sent to Bank.

Let's say I caught a Mismagius in Pearl, and transferred it over to BW/B2W2, the met location will be "Poké Transfer", but the original game still is Pearl. This causes it to show an Encounter PID mismatch, even though the PID should check out. View the next screenshots for the error. 

PKHeX_2017-11-06_14-46-56.png.50c06853553688c39e245043f5c5b3af.pngPKHeX_2017-11-06_14-47-10.png.9c11001cfb8aa6fcea184f0c118add59.png

I don't know if this is normal, but I thought it was odd to say the very least.

Kind regards,

Cecillia

Hi @Cecillia, based on my experience with dealing with reports for this, this is highly likely not a bug.

The RNG procedure for Pokemon Generations 3&4 are well understood,
and based on that, it is understood that PID, IVs and nature and encounter details are linked.

The message you get means the Pokemon is hacked.
(example, one or more of the factors mentioned above are not linked properly)

To see a more detailed legality analysis, hold down the "Control" button on your keyboard, while clicking the red exclamation mark.

This page here will show some details to resolve certain parts of PID mismatch, using RNG reporter.
AFAIK creators of PKHeX does not intend to auto-fix PID mismatch problems, since there are existing tools out there that users can use,
and it'll not be a good use of time.

If you have any doubts, upload the pokemon files in the next file and someone will have a look at em.

• Like 1

Alright thanks for the information, I'll try to check if I can fix it. I appreciate it that you took time to answer my question. And here is the Pokémon detailed info:

Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismatch.
===

Valid Move 1: Learned by Level-up.
Valid Move 2: Learned by Level-up.
Valid Move 3: Learned by Level-up.
Valid Move 4: Learned by Level-up.
Valid Relearn Move 1: Valid.
Valid Relearn Move 2: Valid.
Valid Relearn Move 3: Valid.
Valid Relearn Move 4: Valid.

Valid: Valid Wild Encounter at location.
Valid: Nickname matches species name.
Valid: Current level is not below met level.
Valid: All ribbons accounted for.
Valid: Ability matches ability number.
Valid: Correct ball for encounter type.
Valid: Gender matches PID.
Valid: Nature matches PID.
Valid: History block is valid.
Valid: Geolocation: Country is in 3DS region.
===

Encounter Type: Wild Encounter Grass (Misdreavus)
PID Type: None

Anyway, some of my Pokémon were automatically correct, others needed some rerolls... Here is the Mismagius, if it's hacked I'll try to correct it.

429 - Mismagius - A4378ABCECCA.pk7

Due to the PID type, the easiest way to solve your issue seems to be making it look hatched:
image.png.6102b3a18f47e4819d6f64bb359882c3.pngimage.png.06dbd8cff29f405c536a5f0192397e7d.png

Though, if you wanna make it a wild encounter in order to keep the Great Ball (as a gen 4 hatched Pokémon can only be in a regular Ball), you can use RNGReporter and generate a new PID. IIRC, the gen 4 wild PID method is the default one (Method 1).
Anyway, here's the corrected file: 429 - Mismagius - D40F8ABCECCA.pk7

Which ones do you have left? If there are any that you're unable to correct yourself, as theSLAYER said, upload the files.
And, as a tip, if you're making some other Mon look hatched, make sure the "Egg received" date is not more recent than the hatched/transferred date. A mismatch like that doesn't necessarily make'em illegal, but still looks fishy and I've seen many people overlooking it.

8 minutes ago, Cecillia said:

PKHeX_2017-11-06_15-59-13.png.7a5fb29f1672d3c34e195132dbf977d4.png

Er...well...Idk what to say about this one. All the Victinis I have are all right, so there must be something wrong with that one of yours. Could you send me that file to give it a look?

EDIT: Yeah, what Kaphotics said seems plausible. Did you check it?

Edited by Ruby Genseki

2 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Er...well...Idk what to say about this one. All the Victinis I have are all right, so there must be something wrong with that one of yours. Could you send me that file to give it a look?

EDIT: Yeah, what Kaphotics said seems plausible. Did you check it?

It is indeed a filter tripping for OT. Here is the PK7 anyway.

494 - Victini - BEBC60C05A92.pk7

When the OT name is banned from gen 6 onwards, it is automatically changed for a generic one. Since this Victini comes from White, PokéBank would have its OT renamed as "Shiro*".
image.png.69105908204f4036277149afab235cac.png
Though, since you're using PKHeX anyway, change it however you want. As far as I know GF's legality filters don't take trash bytes into account.

Edited by Ruby Genseki

3 minutes ago, Cecillia said:

Alright, anyway AFAIK the games don't see incorrect PIDs as incorrect, at least not in SuMo.

What do you mean? About GF's legality filters?
Well...it's well known these filters are really poor. I've read about Pokémon whose current level was lower than their met level getting through PokéBank.