What are you most excited for in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

wrathsoffire76

The legendaries are something I've been hoping for since the game was announced, so I'm now really hyped about it.
That, and Team Rainbow Rocket. Loved the concept (even though I don't like the name that much). Yesterday's trailer got me all fired up!
The new photo feature seems like something I could enjoy, too. Specially with Pokémon that are totally unfit for such a "kawaii" feature, namely, Giratina.

On the other hand, there's stuff I'm mostly indifferent to, such as the Totem-sized Pokémon (dobut they'll have any stat enchancement), the Ultra Wormhole minigame, or Mantine Surf (gee, they should at least let us wear some decent clothing while doing so, the riding gear is why I avoided using ride Pokémon as much as I could)

Also...

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Legendaries (and hopefully not shiny loced)

The Mirage Spots legends in ORAS weren't shiny locked, so I dobut these Ultra Wormhole ones will be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

Hrmm, are these hackable?

They are!
image.png.4dd2459a0631518146645a3f64931d78.png

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Totem sized Pokemon data exists in SM, not stat enhancement (as far as I can tell).

And, indeed, as you might tell, their boosted stats depend solely on their totem aura.
This is the Totem Raticate (dumped from the totem battle) compared to a "common" alolan Raticate. Same level, nature and IVs:image.png.f9e30f51f708f660a565b876f6ba324f.png

Edited by Ruby Genseki
  • Like 1
  • Amazed 1

3 minutes ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

How? Where? When? I need this

Well...I wanted to see if I was able to dump a totem Pokémon and keep it big-sized, so I started a new game, warped myself to Totem Raticate/Gumshoos's Den and inserted a Pokémon to my game as soon as I was able to save, started the battle and dumped the thing via HxD.

Have the file if you want it:
020-02 - Raticate - 6593A77D77A0.pk7
You can insert it into your game via PKHeX. However, I do not recommend editing it since doing so will turn it into a regular Raticate.

Just now, Ruby Genseki said:

Well...I wanted to see if I was able to dump a totem Pokémon and keep it big-sized, so I started a new game, warped myself to Totem Raticate/Gumshoos's Den and inserted a Pokémon to my game as soon as I was able to save, started the battle and dumped the thing via HxD.

Have the file if you want it:
020-02 - Raticate - 6593A77D77A0.pk7
You can insert it into your game via PKHeX. However, I do not recommend editing it since doing so will turn it into a regular Raticate.

Maybe I'll try to see if there is a hex value to changing the size

Ok, managed to totem-size a Raticate of my own.
image.png.1060d5a153d23bf00e910f98f2a21f45.png
This is what I have to point out about this:

• The changed offset is 1D. This offset is actually the one determining the gender and forms of any Pokémon. Shininess is excluded since that's determined by the PID (that's why I was able to keep it shiny).
    The value changes I made were:
    -10/11: Turns it into an Alolan Totem-sized Raticate (M)
    -12/13: Turns it into an Alolan Totem-sized Raticate (F)
    -14/15: Turns it into an Alolan Totem-sized Raticate (Genderless)
    These changes occur regardless of the Raticate's original size, form and gender.
  • Each totem Pokémon seems to have different values for this. As a result, when trying to use Raticate's values to resize other totem-compatible species, they became somewhat buggy in PKHeX and didn't have any visible changes in-game.
  • As you might be able to tell from my previous point, in the game's coding, these are not just automatically resized models, but completely different forms, and thus, no other species besides the 8 totem Pokémon can be resized like this.

...But I think we ended up getting far too off topic.

Edited by Ruby Genseki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Ok, managed to totem-size a Raticate of my own.
image.png.1060d5a153d23bf00e910f98f2a21f45.png
This is what I have to point out about this:

• The changed offset is 1D. This offset is actually the one determining the gender and forms of any Pokémon. Shininess is excluded since that's determined by the PID (that's why I was able to keep it shiny).
    The value changes I made were:
    -10/11: Turns it into an Alolan Totem-sized Raticate (M)
    -12/13: Turns it into an Alolan Totem-sized Raticate (F)
    -14/15: Turns it into an Alolan Totem-sized Raticate (Genderless)
    These changes occur regardless of the Raticate's original size, form and gender.
  • Each totem Pokémon seems to have different values for this. As a result, when trying to use Raticate's values to resize other totem-compatible species, they became somewhat buggy in PKHeX and didn't have any visible changes in-game.
  • As you might be able to tell from my previous point, in the game's coding, these are not just automatically resized models, but completely different forms, and thus, no other species besides the 8 totem Pokémon can be resized like this.

...But I think we ended up getting far too off topic.

Oh, yeah (luckily this is in my club) but still, nice find

• Like 1

Hi! hope you guys don't mind me joining the Cool Kids Corner :)

I'm mostly excited for all the legendaries in USUM, assuming they're not shiny locked! I'm already working on an automated shiny hunting program with an Arduino, so I was ecstatic that I could use it for basically all the legendaries

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, andrewism said:

Hi! hope you guys don't mind me joining the Cool Kids Corner :)

I'm mostly excited for all the legendaries in USUM, assuming they're not shiny locked! I'm already working on an automated shiny hunting program with an Arduino, so I was ecstatic that I could use it for basically all the legendaries

Not at all, the more the merrier so welcome :)

I really hope that the shinies aren't shiny-locked but knowing Game Freak I'm only hoping for a miracle.

• Like 1

Just now, wrathsoffire76 said:

Not at all, the more the merrier so welcome :)

I really hope that the shinies aren't shiny-locked but knowing Game Freak I'm only hoping for a miracle.

Thanks! And yeah, like mentioned before since ORAS didn't do it I think they wouldn't do it for USUM, but then again this is literally every single legendary ever so the shiny lock is still on the table..

hmmm its kinda easy.

Just use Hax version of PKHeX, then change the form count.
Capture.PNG

Kantonian Raticate should be 0
Alolan Raticate should be 1
so Totem Raticate should be 2.

Same type of deal with Mimikyu.
Mimikyu disguised form 0
Broken form 1,
so Totem Disguised form is 2.

1 hour ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Oh ._. derp
Never saw that thread (even though I had been lurking for quite some time before actually creating an account), so didn't know about that

No worries! Anyway those Totems wont be legal, since they ones in USUM will probably get different met location.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

No worries! Anyway those Totems wont be legal, since they ones in USUM will probably get different met location.

Even if the location matches, the origin game would make them illegal anyway. They're just a nice thing to have on a collection, this kind of stuff is somewhat valuable to me

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MichiS97 said:

I just hope that all of the legendaries will have overworld sprites again, like how it used to be before ORAS. I didn't like how you could only see the warp hoops in ORAS.

So far the legendaries didn't have overworld sprites. 

Example was mewtwo. It was a 2D silhouette of it, then it jumped down on you as a shadow, then battle commences.

also, stuff with overworld 3D models are typically shiny locked.

(lati@s was the exception in ORAS)

The games them selves look really good and I excited for the new story elements and move tutors.  However, what I'm most excited for isn't exactly USUM per say, but future update to the Pokemon Transporter so that I can bring the last remaining Pokemon from my childhood to the new game and not let them sit on Stadium 2 anymore.

• Like 3