PokeLib r31

Chase-san

For Visual Basic use, you are probably better off using my library.

But if you can get along without Visual Basic (and realistically, you can), then I highly recommend just picking up a C variant and using this library. When Chase is more or less done, it's bound to be faster and more effective than mine.

Great work, Chase! Incidentally: could someone who is writing homebrew for the Wii / DS / etc. implement this library? I believe C++ (or something branching from it) is used in homebrew production, and it would be very interesting if one could perform full save manipulation in conjunction with other console-specific features. Very interesting indeed.

evandixon:

After some reading, I would have to write some VB code to be able to do that.

If you are using VB.Net Then the first thing you will have to do is to make a .Net wrapper for it. This can be done using the aximp tool from the Visual Studio .Net command line. This tool makes a wrapper-dll which you can import into your project and use as a normal .dll. The wrapper file is called the same as the original dll, but with 'Ax' as prefix.

something like....

Declare Sub Toolkit.shuffle Lib "AXlibpoke.dll" (ByVal Raw As Long) As Long
Declare Sub Toolkit.unshuffle Lib "AXlibpoke.dll" (ByVal Raw As Long) As Long

Where the longs are pointers to an array of bytes in this case. This is just my best guess on how to write those however. Do not ask for help, I do NOT know... right now.

codemonkey85:

YES! It should work just fine in a Nintendo DS Homebrew application. In fact I might reboot PokesavDS after I finish this Library to a decent degree.

YES! It should work just fine in a Nintendo DS Homebrew application.

Hey, that's pretty groovy. If only we could get the DS local wireless / Nintendo WFC protocol all figured out, imagine the possibilities. :P

In fact I might reboot PokesavDS after I finish this Library to a decent degree.

Oh geez... you shouldn't have said that... here come the PMs! *ducks for cover*

Thanks for this! Now I can make some weird and wacky program for the DS (may involve a bit of converting first :D). I've not had chance to look at the source yet, but, are things such as blocks implemented/planned?

(Bit of an off topic question: (I'm new to DS programming) Does libfat (or whatever it's called) have a limit to how much it can read at once? Any attempts I make at loading the first general block (something around 49,000 bytes - which is quite alot) fail :().

That is not really a PokeLib question.

But the DS is limited to the 4mb of ram the DS has, minus the size of the two binaries which must stay in memory. The arm7 binary normally gets put into the arm7 deticated ram. If you are clever you can jam some of the image data into video ram then free it up from your normal ram, or read it directly from fat into the video ram. Just be sure you know how to do dynamic memory management. You must avoid all statically rowed things as best as you can unless they are always needed. (which means using malloc, free, and C++'s new and delete)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...