Cubic ninja Homebrew, will it allow save edits like soundhax

phact

Hi, I previously use to soundhax in order to use pkhex. Now that that is all patched and over with, I'm considering getting cubic ninja from Amazon for about $50 in order to use ninjhax to access Homebrew. I'm wondering if the Homebrew that I will be using will allow me to edit the saves and access pkhex appropriately? Since the cubic ninja I will be buying is a cartridge, will I be able to take out cubic ninja cartridge once in Homebrew then place in the Pokemon cartridge and load the save? Does that version of Homebrew even come with a save editor?

Also if I read the instructions properly, for the current version of ninjhax all I need to do is throw the files on my SD card, load into cubic Ninja, scan the QR codes, and I should be good to go from there? No additional work would be needed for my old 3DS on version 11.6 correct?

Edited by phact

5 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

you're better off getting a ntrboot compatible flashcart, which will give you more than just homebrew.

https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

it's less of a hassle once you set up custom firmware, and it's a permanent thing (no need to launch the exploit method manually) so you can help your friends too.

So following this guide, I will not need to have a second 3DS or any additional Hardware like soldering and stuff correct? I can just follow this guide on my stock old 3DS and have everything up and running?

Edited by phact

Just now, phact said:

So following this guy. I will not need to have a second 3DS or any additional Hardware like soldering and stuff correct? I can just follow this guide on my stock old 3DS and have everything up and running?

There's different methods.

https://3ds.guide/ntrboot#flashing-ntrboot-3ds-single-system

If the flashcart can load NDS games on the system's current firmware, then you don't need any other system.

3 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

There's different methods.

https://3ds.guide/ntrboot#flashing-ntrboot-3ds-single-system

If the flashcart can load NDS games on the system's current firmware, then you don't need any other system.

ok awesome

i want to follow you directly (as you helped me about a year ago get onto soundhax where i was then able to use PKHex to help all of my gaiaonline friends)

i have an unhacked 3dsxl on 11.6.0-39U

which flashcart do you suggest i buy? i will follow your lead and grab it then follow the guide!

17 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

I haven't done this method so I can't recommend anything. Maybe someone else can chime in.

would you happen to know why suddenly my mega kanga is no longer allowed in online battles. about 8 months ago, after a ton of research, i found out how to make it 100% legal for battles and was WRECKING online with it.... then one day after a few months and an update, i log in, and its not in any of my selected teams, and when i placed it back in a team, i get the "something is wrong with one of your pokemon, message"  

any ideas what happened?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2017 at 9:17 PM, Kaphotics said:

I haven't done this method so I can't recommend anything. Maybe someone else can chime in.

I ordered the flashcart the day you posted your reply

it just arrived today

here is hoping i dont brick my 3ds!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2017 at 12:22 PM, phact said:

I ordered the flashcart the day you posted your reply

it just arrived today

here is hoping i dont brick my 3ds!

I'm literally in the exact same boat as you. I'm at Old 3DS.11.4.0-37U use to use soundhax I updated to 11.4 when I needed access to Bank a while back. Finished my living dex in Sun and boom bam updated to throw everything in bank. Now that Ultra games are out I thought i'd try the hack life out again. So after me searching the web all day it seems like I'm gonna have to buy one of these flashcart things. Can you update me on which one you got? The steps? Any guides you have lol. I need help as well.

On 11/27/2017 at 4:35 PM, umleydie said:

I'm literally in the exact same boat as you. I'm at Old 3DS.11.4.0-37U use to use soundhax I updated to 11.4 when I needed access to Bank a while back. Finished my living dex in Sun and boom bam updated to throw everything in bank. Now that Ultra games are out I thought i'd try the hack life out again. So after me searching the web all day it seems like I'm gonna have to buy one of these flashcart things. Can you update me on which one you got? The steps? Any guides you have lol. I need help as well.

yeah i got the flash cart and it worked PERFECTLY

i used the instructions listed by the mod, however one part was missing during the beginning so i used a youtube video to get the proper files and instructions, then followed the rest of the guide

now im PKHeXing like crazy! helping out all of my gaiaonline community achieve their dream pokemon

grab the cart asap cause it takes forever, and they use a SUPER shady method of payment, but the guy is legit.

good luck

oh, and i bought the $20 R4i GOLD thing or something like that