Gen 3 Mew Legality

Fribbler

Well... I dobut it'd be legal without a TID and SID, I wouldn't risk a ban if I were you. But more importantly, it should be japanese (language, not necessarily region), since the Old Sea Map was never distributed outside Japan.

Edited by Ruby Genseki

51 minutes ago, Fribbler said:

Hi I just want to ask if this Old sea map Mew event that I genned is Legal to use online? Never thought that it will appear as legal in pkhex without TID/SID. thanks! 

safe.jpg

I would think it that PKHeX assumed the TID and SID are 0, since there's no other input...

and as @Ruby Genseki mentioned, it needs to have it's language of origin set to Japanese.

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I would think it that PKHeX assumed the TID and SID are 0, since there's no other input...

and as @Ruby Genseki mentioned, it needs to have it's language of origin set to Japanese.

Yep it is :P Thanks for the response guys! :) 
Also @Halfshadow, like they said it should be jap only since it was only released in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong tho) Also there's a lot of illegal pokes that can be transfer in pokebank so you might wanna reconsider that :P 

safe2.jpg

51 minutes ago, Halfshadow said:

Ok, I see. But a pokémon in GEN III have the language set? Or is set with the language of the HG/SS/D/P/P game when you transfer it?

The language data is already preset in the Pokemon structure in Gen III.
(it would be seen documented as "language" in this page)

The only games that do not have the "language" data and "origin game" data as part of the structure, are Gen 1 and 2 games.

(Catch a Pikachu in English Red, and trade it to Spanish Blue, then use Poketransporter to send it up from Spanish Blue,
and it's language and origin game will be "SPA" and "Blue")

• Like 1

When talking about gen 3 pokémon there's another factor to consider about legality: OT name (and nickname if there's one). Even though you can trade between gen 3 games of different region and the japanese/english games will correctly recognize its name because both contain the same characterset, you can't enter the same characters in the Japanese games as in international versions. Also, OT name can be longer in international versions.

Thus for full legality both OT and nickname of the Japanese pokémon must also be that possible for a japanese game, including trash bytes in OT (I recall them being different between jap and international games).

I wanted to make a "japanizer" program that simpli gets the full OT string for a savegame and inputs it on target savegame, this way you can easily create japanese OT names by starting a new savegame on a japanese rom and insert them on desired savegame (or vice versa). I may code it tomorrow if I get some free time (the one time I needed to do this I manually changed the OT and then fixed the checksums).

Edited by suloku