Pokemon DS Rom Hacking Tutorials

• 3 months later...

Hello whoever might still be active here!

I'm not sure where to ask this, but this looks like the best place so far. My question is: Is it possible to change the XP-formula of Pokemon Platinum (and/or HG/SS) to the way it works in Gen5+ ? Or at least give it a static modifier?

I've always hated the enormous amounts of grinding you have to do before gen5 way more than slow text

• 2 months later...

I was watching through your videos, but I might have missed, how do you alter the pokemon's data like stats and moves, and is software that I can download to do that in my rom? I am trying to buff and or nerf certain pokemon and would like to add some custom pokemon, any advice?

• 6 months later...
On 8/16/2023 at 1:03 PM, BadgerMilk said:

I was watching through your videos, but I might have missed, how do you alter the pokemon's data like stats and moves, and is software that I can download to do that in my rom? I am trying to buff and or nerf certain pokemon and would like to add some custom pokemon, any advice?

You need DSPE (DS Pokemon Editor). 

Use Nitro Explorer 2 and Extract following files from your rom

- a027 then rename it "hgss.msg.narc"

- a002 then rename it "personal.narc" 

- a034 then rename it "evo.narc" 

- a033 then rename it "wotbl.narc 

Open DSPE with those 4 files and you're will be good. 

Be careful with a027 because it's also used by DSPRE (DS Pokemon Rom Editor). So everytime you use DSPE, don't forget to re-extract a027 from your rom if you made changes with DSPRE (changes related to texts).