Backup Directory Included in PKDB searches

choatix

When I use PKHex, the backup directory is included in the search results.

This counts them as part of the database and cannot be disabled. My quick fix was to just move the bak directory so it could not find backups, but since then of course there are no backups, and I would like there to be.

Could a feature be added such that bak files are not accounted for, by default? This would improve processing time. Of course, for some it is prefable so maybe a configurable option to have so it doesn't need to be changed for the parties who like it the way it is now at each startup.

4 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Including the backup directory is intended.

Only unique pokemon are added to the search database, and I can search for pkm with 100k in my db in milliseconds.

Not sure how long it takes to open the window up on your machine.

It isn't a slow load, but does load many clones and it isn't unusual with several saves that it comes up with 150000 files from a combined save, which if I copy/store would be mostly cleared out with clones, so perhaps the unique part does not work well.

The option to not include in search results allows backing up to still happen without showing the pokes in the listing. Similarly to how 'Show Boxes' and 'Show Database' are options - just having one for 'Backup Database'

Edited by choatix

Ah yes it doesn't exclude clones, may have to revisit that. The original purpose was just a pkm folder (only uniqueness is filenames) which allowed clones to be searched and deleted if requested. With the addition of loading from saves (and now the backup folder), copies upon copies.

If you remove the "#define LOADALL" at the top of SAV_Database.cs and recompile the program, it will disable loading from the backup directory.

I can probably revise the loading routine to automatically exclude clones from backup save files...