(Bug) Crystal Egg Moves are Flagged in Gen II Save Editing and met location bug

Dunsparce

Egg Moves that were added in Crystal(Like Submission Cyndaquil and Water Gun Phanpy) are for some reason marked as illegal in a Gen II save file, even though Extremespeed Dratini and all three Stadium event moves(Surf Pikachu, Earthquake Gligar, and Baton Pass Farfetch'd) pass just fine. I figured I could set the met location since Crystal does that(Being Gen II Pokemon with moves only obtainable in Crystal, they'd have those even in G/S's coding), but the location options are Gens III-VI rather than Gen II.

EDIT: My Extreme Speed Dragonite originally had the correct location(Dragon's Den at level 15), now it says Route 8(Most likely Unova, Kalos, or Alola since it's using the newer gen location list) for some reason even though it is in Gen II still.

EDIT: Another error is that Gen I Pokemon with Crystal Exclusive egg moves that are Gen II moves(Like Crunch Ekans) count as legal without any location data, even though it is impossible for Crunch Ekans to NOT have met location data.

EDIT: I am dumb, I realized you can just trade the Crunch Ekans Egg to G/S to hatch it for it to not have met location data, so that means there is no reason why the other moves should be flagged. I have yet to test other Crystal Egg Moves like Swords Dance Chikorita

Edited by Dunsparce

Okay I updated it and the update treats everything from Crystal and Stadium/Stadium 2 in Gen 1 and 2 files as Illegal(It says "Invalid Move" for the moves in question). Is there any way to make it tell the difference between a VC Save and a Cartridge Save like with the Gen 1 save files in the earlier versions of the program?

231 - PHANPY - 6CCD.pk2

157 - TYPHLOSION - 4C28.pk2

EDIT: It seems now even actual Crystal save files flag Crystal moves(Like an Dragonite met at Dragon's Den at level 15 flags Extremespeed as invalid). Also flags Move relearner moves even though they are highlighted in the drop-down menu in Green(since Stadium 2 had one)

Edited by Dunsparce

14 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Thanks, fixed the crystal eggmove deal (wasn't allowing crystal egg moves in most cases).

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/a75614ed775e4b4bf0c34d2a1ade11a4da27575a

Will need to see specimens for any other pending issues, if any :)

-Gloom can be found at level 14 in Crystal in the wild

-Crystal level up moves like Wing Attack on Yanma are flagged

-Special moves like Extremespeed Dratini and Dizzy Punch Babies are flagged

-Stadiums events like Surf Pikachu, Amnesia Psyduck, Earthquake Gligar, and Baton Pass Farfetch'd are flagged even with the correct OT/TID

-Relearn moves like Bite Suicune, Powder Snow Articuno, and Hitmonlee, which are obtainable via Stadium 2, are flagged

If you want I can go through every Pokemon and list any moves added to Crystal version, as well as event moves(I figured most of the PCNY event moves are flagged due to obscurity outside of battle simulators, I know all of them).

Also I need to point out that Crystal, not only met location and starting level are tracked on Pokemon, but whether it was caught in the Morning, Day, or Night, and there's no way to modify that in PKHex

044 - GLOOM - 40E7.pk2

193 - YANMA - F1FD.pk2

149 - DRAGONITE - 43F2.pk2

125 ★ - ELECTABUZZ - D579.pk2

083 - FARFETCH'D - 59AD.pk2

026 - RAICHU - 87BA.pk2

207 - GLIGAR - 8D8A.pk2

245 - SUICUNE - D6EC.pk2

106 - HITMONLEE - 5B76.pk2

Edited by Dunsparce

Heh, nobody has noticed that Time Of Day stopped showing up for Gen2 pkm. Now visible!
https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/f85910abe2a37c587dcf79cf1f72a2d6b7bb0421

All attached PKM show as valid when viewed from a Crystal save file. There's no morning/day/night legality checks in PKHeX.

(VC vs Cart detection is based off the file extension; .dat == VC)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Heh, nobody has noticed that Time Of Day stopped showing up for Gen2 pkm. Now visible!
https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/f85910abe2a37c587dcf79cf1f72a2d6b7bb0421

All attached PKM show as valid when viewed from a Crystal save file. There's no morning/day/night legality checks in PKHeX.

(VC vs Cart detection is based off the file extension; .dat == VC)

Crystal .dat files flag the Crystal-only moves(I converted my .sav from my physical Crystal game in anticipation for the inevitable VC release), except the 3 Move Tutors, which instead are not flagged in the VC Gold/Silver games even though they are currently unobtainable.

Edited by Dunsparce