Help with Event pichu

Hello, it's me!

So the main dilemma is with this pokemon box event pichu 172 - PICHU - CE365364F9F8.pk3

which i found in this gen 3 sav file POKEMON RUBY.0.sav

the problem is that when i open the pichu in the gen 3 sav with pkhex i can see that the pichu has 3 moves : Thundershock , Charm and SurfUntitled.thumb.png.8281a36115e229a8ad6c6e71cf028db2.png

But i when i try to inject the pichu into any gen 6 or gen 7 game then for some reason Surf Magically vanishes :(Untitled1.thumb.png.674031a929efc9e14cc68235ca1dceb3.pngUntitled2.thumb.png.1271536ac50cb6fb9e72604b283f1cc9.png

I tried to manually put surf on it but the pichu wont trade through :/

I checked sereibii and bulbapedia to confirm that there was indeed an egg event pichu which had surf on it

So i really cant figure out the problem here

Can anyone kindly help me

TIA :D

Despite your PKHeX not being up to date, the issue is that you're trying to transfer a Pokemon that knows an HM move from gen 3 to a later generation.  In all cases of transferring a Pokemon from gen 3 to gen 4 all HM moves must be forgotten from the NPC that can make Pokemon forget moves.  However, in your case the Pichu would have to forget Surf in gen 3 to transfer, but since Pichu or its evolutionary line can't learn Surf through from HM it can never legally relearn the move after transfer.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sora10pls said:

>PKHeX (20170128)

You’re 8 months behind on updates for PKHeX (latest is 20170922)... please, before reporting bugs, always make sure you’re using the latest version of the software. This goes for all bug reports and feature requests.

i have the latest version as well but still facing this problem :S

16 hours ago, Poke J said:

Despite your PKHeX not being up to date, the issue is that you're trying to transfer a Pokemon that knows an HM move from gen 3 to a later generation.  In all cases of transferring a Pokemon from gen 3 to gen 4 all HM moves must be forgotten from the NPC that can make Pokemon forget moves.  However, in your case the Pichu would have to forget Surf in gen 3 to transfer, but since Pichu or its evolutionary line can't learn Surf through from HM it can never legally relearn the move after transfer.

well i'm facing the same problem even with the updated version of pkhex but i'm kinda confused at what you're saying

so according to what you just said then special pokemon like heal bell dragonite , baton pass beedrill , sing marowak , wish chansey , refresh raticate or even follow me magmar & electabuzz should also not be transferable since they cannot legitimately learn those moves in game :/

1 hour ago, TheObserverYouAlwaysWanted said:

well i'm facing the same problem even with the updated version of pkhex but i'm kinda confused at what you're saying

so according to what you just said then special pokemon like heal bell dragonite , baton pass beedrill , sing marowak , wish chansey , refresh raticate or even follow me magmar & electabuzz should also not be transferable since they cannot legitimately learn those moves in game :/

Those moves are not HMs. HMs are Fly, Surf, Cut, Strength, Flash, Rock Smash, Waterfall, and Dive in Hoenn Gen 3. Those moves you listed above are able to be transferred without any problems to future generations, as they aren't HMs.

Up until Generation 6, there was no way to transfer pokemon with HM moves forward. (You get an error message that you must be delete the HM move) So all surfing events for the Pikachu line from....
- Gen 1 (no way to connect to Pokemon Stadium legally on the Virtual Console releases, and no way to transfer from the original catridges)
- Gen 2 (see above)
- Gen 3 (Cannot send to Gen 4 without deleting the HM)
- Gen 4 (Cannot send to Gen 5 without deleting the HM)

Are unable to know surf legally.

If you want a Pikachu that has surf on Gen 6+ (there were no events for Gen 5 to my knowledge), it has to be one of the following:

Legal only on Korean 3ds:

Legal only on Japanese 3ds:

Legal on any region 3ds:

Edited by Britty
  • Like 3

To add on to @Britty's point,
the pokemon files listed, the origin region 3DS and language must be set appropriately.
It can be traded to games of other regions, so the limiting factor is the origin region and language.

Also fun fact: Because one of those Pikachu's can be sent up to SM,
you can own a flying&surfing alolan raichu XD

• Like 2

Oh right, @theSLAYER's post reminded me of something else.

if you're injecting the wondercard, make sure you're doing it on the correct version too. For example the Flying and Surfing Pikachu:

image.png.2b763b4ea85a9c25c7df029499417aae.png

As you can see, XY is not listed there. That means that serial code would not have worked on those versions. For another example, the '14 pikachu cannot be on ORAS as the games were not released yet when the event happened.

((And man, I'm upset with myself now for only getting one serial code for those pikachu when the event was on-going. An alolan Raichu with surf and fly would've been awesomeeeeee))

Edited by Britty
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Britty said:

Oh right, @theSLAYER's post reminded me of something else.

if you're injecting the wondercard, make sure you're doing it on the correct version too. For example the Flying and Surfing Pikachu:

image.png.2b763b4ea85a9c25c7df029499417aae.png

As you can see, XY is not listed there. That means that serial code would not have worked on those versions. For another example, the '14 pikachu cannot be on ORAS as the games were not released yet when the event happened.

((And man, I'm upset with myself now for only getting one serial code for those pikachu when the event was on-going. An alolan Raichu with surf and fly would've been awesomeeeeee))

Trading cloning glitches exist in XY. It's just a risky thing to do.

I think I've did a total of 20 clones with my friend, and one of those clones was the trash Pokemon : X