VC Gold/Silver decoration items

lomejor18

• 2 weeks later...

Especially considering that there are Decorations exclusive to using Mystery Gift with Stadium 2's NPC (Pikachu Bed, Unown Doll, and Tentacool Doll) or come from exclusive items attached to Stadium 1 Prizes, Silver Trophy and Gold Trophy, which are obtained via using Normal Box(Attached to Round 1 Prizes) and Gorgeous Box(Attached to Round 2 Prizes), and thus cannot be obtained in the VC versions

Edited by Dunsparce

The offsets are known, it's more a metter of coding the editor. Or use the AR cheats to unlock them. Still, mistery gift on pkhex would be the best solution.

If possible I would really much enjoy the ability to even drag and drop other GSC saves onto the mistery gift editor for gen 2 and simulate a mistery gift trade.

Also, I didn't know mystery gift was emulated on VC, which is awesome. I'll finally be able to do some before-after comparision on the savegames (still need to get a second GBC for IR trading...)

• 3 months later...

I don't think PKHex supports editing the decorations yet, so I though I'd post the method I used to edit them into my game, just in case anyone else wants to.

I've only done this in international Crystal so far. I used a hex editor (HxD) to change the values in my exported save. I changed the values found at both 1854 and 2654 to the following:

FF FF FF FF FF FF 03 - All possible items
7B FF FF FF FF 86 03 - All 3DS possible items

If you save these changes in your hex editor and then open the save in PKHex and resave (to update the checksum I think), you'll have the decorations.

I got the values from here and used gameshark codes in an emulator to find the locations in the save (saving before and after applying the codes).

I've attached a screenshot of HxD showing the location of the first change.

001.png

Edited by gclarke86