Advanced Search Editor: Search by folder name

choatix

[Suggestion]

I've been trying to organise my PKHex collection to support finding pokemon I've stored in certain folders. Current workaround is moving the folders Im not currently looking in out the way. Correct me if this is already a feature, but I am unable to find this. It does appear to relate to the PKM field 'Identifier' but I am unable to work out how to search for this.

Presumably, the two parts needed for this are:

1) Not just an equal, or not equal, in the search, but also a 'like' or a 'wildcard', e.g. I search for files in pkmdb where the folder contains 'Favourites', respresented as either %Favourites% or *Favourites*, or being represented with an alternative 'command character (rather than ! or =)

2) Having a field within the files that allows for the position to be searched for. This position comes up when clicking 'Create Data Report'. This may already work with the above mention of the identifier field, but without the 'like' case, this may not be functional.

Thanks for this! This has helped a lot already! 

However, it does have a couple of issues with it. 

If you have any additional commands after 'IdentifierContains' these are ignored. If the commands are before this, then it works fine.

Similarly, the 'not' operator does not work with this command.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/09/2017 at 10:13 PM, Kaphotics said:

=IdentifierContains=1234

Was added back in February but isn't really documented: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/065795cdbea6a8277c35030f697de38b9de6f7a8

image.png

Also quoting this message to highlight my response to this at the time regarding issues with this functionality.

On 01/10/2017 at 12:17 PM, choatix said:

Thanks for this! This has helped a lot already! 

However, it does have a couple of issues with it. 

If you have any additional commands after 'IdentifierContains' these are ignored. If the commands are before this, then it works fine.

Similarly, the 'not' operator does not work with this command.