Getting PID Mismatch flags on Gen 5 mons

NekoSabrina

Okay, after the most recent update, I've noticed some of the things in my Gen 5 saves are getting flagged for an Encounter-Type PID when they weren't getting it before. Now, admittedly when I was playing around with these in PokeGen to start with, I was under the mistaken impression that when editing things like Nature and IVs, I needed to delete the PID and have a new one be generated by PokeGen. Since then, I've learned that PIDs in Gen 5 have nothing to do with Nature and IVs (...they don't seem to have anything to do with IVs in Gens 3 or 4 either, at least going by Bulbapedia, yet PKHeX throws a fit over those not being right in those games anyway) and that PokeGen's ability to generate PIDs out of thin air wasn't exactly on-point, so I probably should have left the PID alone.

Now here's the specifics of the flag for the Zebstrika I'm showing as an example, going by the detailed list:

Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismatch.
===

Valid Move 1: Learned by Level-up.
Valid Move 2: Learned by Level-up.
Valid Move 3: Learned by Level-up.
Valid Move 4: Learned by TM/HM.

Valid: Valid Wild Encounter at location.
Valid: Nickname matches species name.
Valid: Current level is not below met level.
Valid: All ribbons accounted for.
Valid: Ability matches ability number.
Valid: Correct ball for encounter type.
Valid: Gender matches PID.
Valid: Encounter Type matches encounter.
===

Encounter Type: Wild Encounter Grass (Blitzle)
PID Type: None

So my question pretty much comes down to this. Is this something fixed simply by letting PKHeX re-roll the PID until something valid pops up, or is there something specific I have to fix to make it right? If it's just a matter of re-rolling, then I do have one little issue...and that's the movie event Shiny Genesect. Rerolling the PID erases Shiny (that would be a nice fix in future versions of PKHeX, to be able to reroll and maintain Shiny status), so that process becomes extra tedious. Still, if that's the method that works....it's probably going to be quite the pain to fix.

Encounter Type: Event Gift (PGF) (Genesect)
PID Type: None

blitzle.png

eventgenesect.png

Edited by NekoSabrina

Here you go. I fixed your Zebstrika. The genesect you would need to use RNGReporter like the person before me said. The way I usually use to make these pokemon legal, is just hit "reroll" a bunch of times until it lands on a legal PID. Also I really wouldnt recomend editing wild pokemon and giving them perfect IVs, its basically impossible in the wild and is a tell-tale sign of hacking. I would recomend if you want to gen pokemon (except for legendaries, and events) to set their info so that they were hatched from an egg. Then it looks like you bred them where it is possible to have perfect IVs

523 - Zebstrika - FDA5296BA2AB.pk5

Edited by NinFanBoyFTW

Okay, how would I use RNGReporter to fix the PID on that Genesect? A lot of the instructions I've seen for using it are focused on Gens 3 and 4 rather than Gen 5 (not to mention the fact it's an event Pokémon, which probably adds an extra factor to it). Also, again, strange that these Pokémon (among some others) were listed as just fine until the most recent updates (and PIDs don't cover as much in Gen 5 as they do in 3 and 4).

Edited by NekoSabrina
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, NekoSabrina said:

Okay, how would I use RNGReporter to fix the PID on that Genesect? A lot of the instructions I've seen for using it are focused on Gens 3 and 4 rather than Gen 5 (not to mention the fact it's an event Pokémon, which probably adds an extra factor to it). Also, again, strange that these Pokémon (among some others) were listed as just fine until the most recent updates (and PIDs don't cover as much in Gen 5 as they do in 3 and 4).

You would have to ask someone else or find a guide on it. I've never been good with RNG reporter. Also I dont know how old your other version of PKHeX was but they changed a bunch of the legality perameters so its much better with legality issues.

edit: I was actually able to fix your genesect by the way lol. I already had the same genesect and the PID worked fine for your genesect so here you go.

649 ★ - Genesect - BF4A1B56008A.pk5

Gen 5 Force-Shiny Events use a specific algorithm.  There are only 256 PIDs per TID/SID combination.  You should take the wondercard and drag/drop it into PKHex where you want the pokemon, or use the mystery gift database.  PKHex will generate fully legal Gen 5 events for you.

Japanese Shiny Genesect
Korean Shiny Genesect

You can see the algorithm here:
https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/ad69420ad9851d4d98d3c9989f33df3f7b4fbb2e/PKHeX.Core/Legality/RNG/PIDGenerator.cs#L146

• Like 1