Not an expected Relearnable move - Pre-evolution move

ZMaster

Possible missed case of legality? Play Rough is a pre-evolution move not passed down on the Slaking line, but breeding 2 Skaloth with Play Rough makes it a re-learnable.

Spoiler

32zqmw3.jpg

Using the current 9/22 release.

Edited by ZMaster

3 hours ago, ZMaster said:

Possible missed case of legality? Play Rough is a pre-evolution move not passed down on the Slaking line, but breeding 2 Skaloth with Play Rough makes it a re-learnable.

Reveal hidden contents

Using the current 9/22 release.

What database did you refer to?

breeding 2 Pokemon with the same move wouldn't pass it down as an egg move, outside of Gen 2.

also, play rough isn't an egg move (not on bulbapedia).

slaking isn't part of a split evolution line, so I don't think special evolutionary requirement needed to be taken into account.

Given the fact that PKHeX uses the game's personal info, I don't think this is a miss.

(edit: if bred in XY, it'll be invalid right)

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

What database did you refer to?

breeding 2 Pokemon with the same move wouldn't pass it down as an egg move, outside of Gen 2.

also, play rough isn't an egg move (not on bulbapedia).

You can pass down learn-able moves as egg moves as long as both parents know the move, and the base form also knows the move.

EDIT: After seeing the above post, so it still shows up as illegal when hatched in XY?

Edited by ZMaster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZMaster said:

After seeing the above post, so it still shows up as illegal when hatched in XY?

Yeah. If the egg was bred in ORAS and then traded to XY to be hatched in there, it should be legal even if PKHeX says otherwise. The program is not perfect, so it's most likely a checking error, either that or I might be missing something.

• Like 1