Which Pokeball do you want to return or appear in future games?

jojo12100

Which Pokeball do you want to return or appear in future games?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pokeball do you want to return or appear in future games?

• Safari Ball(gen1/3/4)
    • Sports Ball (gen2/4)
    • Park Ball (gen4)
    • Dream Ball (gen5)
    • GS Ball (Crystal)
    • Lake Ball (anime)
    • Crystal Poke Ball (movie)
    • Dark Ball (movie)
    • Old Poke Ball (movie/anime)
    • Fishing Poke Ball (anime)
    • Team Rocket Poke Ball(anime/card)
    • Team Aqua/Magma Poke Ball (card)
    • Team Plasma Poke Ball(card)
    • Green Poke Ball (anime)
    • Clone Ball (movie)
    • Blue Poke Ball (gen 5 Poketransfer)
    • Typing Ball (Learn with Pokemon)
    • Pester Ball (Snap)
    • Annie's and Oakley's Pokeball(movie)
    • Giant Stone Pokeball (anime)
    • Ride Padger Ball (gen7)
    • Captain's Ball (anime)
    • Gold Poke Ball (anime)
    • PIA Chansey's Ball (anime)
    • PokeLantis Ball(anime)
    • Lokoloko's Old Poke Ball(anime)
    • Anime's Park Ball (anime)

1 minute ago, jojo12100 said:

That was the case in the anime since season 1.

A good way to solve a big part of the problem is to allow Ditto to give Pokeball and make 3 event Ditto with Dream/Park/Contest Ball.

Yes! Allow Ditto to pass down balls!

Also like you said, the Park ball isn't a real ball, so I doubt that'll work :/

1 minute ago, PokemonMaster899 said:

they should also allow ditto pass on the pokeball when people are breeding Pokemon 

That's what I tried to say ^^

@theSLAYER In fact it was almost a real one in HGSS but the Pokeball doesn't remain after you caught the Pokemon. I tried it. I was so sad. And now since the Pokeball can't even be throw.

2 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

That's what I tried to say ^^

@theSLAYER In fact it was almost a real one in HGSS but the Pokeball doesn't remain after you caught the Pokemon. I tried it. I was so sad. And now since the Pokeball can't even be throw.

Yeah, the Pal Park Ball is effective a fancy way to retain Gen 3 Poke Balls.

Additionally, Apricorn balls might not return in future games. We all know how they like to take mechanics away...

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah, the Pal Park Ball is effective a fancy way to retain Gen 3 Poke Balls.

Additionally, Apricorn balls might not return in future games. We all know how they like to take mechanics away...

I really don't know the logic behind that for Pokeballs.

I mean Pokeradar for example was a huge gamelay, same for Pokemon following you so I can understand they don't always have enough time or they don't want to add it but Pokeball mechanics really??? Except glitchy Heavy Ball most of them are easy to code.

6 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

I really don't know the logical behind that for Pokeballs.

I mean Pokeradar for example was a huge gamelay, same for Pokemon following you so I can understand they don't always have enough time or they don't want to add it but Pokeball mechanics really??? Except glitchy Heavy Ball most of them are easy to code.

Apricorn Balls was a game mechanic-story tied feature.
Only Johto had Apricorns, and only Kurt made them, and they weren't adopted by corporations for commercial sales.
Hence why the Pokemarts in GSC didn't sell them.
To give them away in other games, that could cause story changes, so I guess they rather not contradict themselves.
Alola was special I guess, but then again, Alolan Oak has a connection to Kanto Oak, so that made some sense.
(which is why he didn't give them away in bulk. Presumably, he got them as a gift from Kanto Oak, who we knows travels to Johto)

Dream balls was also mechanic-story tied.
Only Gen 5 had connection to the Dream World, and the balls can only be used there.
Given that there hasn't been any other Dream mechanics in the newer games, can't exactly use them in standard gameplay.
(Cause standard gameplay isn't related to the dreamscape)

With that logic, Beast Balls probably won't be a thing in newer games,
unless there's an Ultra Beast invasion or something.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Only Johto had Apricorns, and only Kurt made them, and they weren't adopted by corporations for commercial sales.
To give them away in other games, that story might needed changes, so they rather not contradict themselves.
Alola was special I guess, but then again, Alolan Oak has a connection to Kanto Oak, so that made some sense.
(which is why he didn't give them away in bulk. Presumably, he got them as a gift)

Only Gen 5 had connection to the Dream World, and the balls can only be used there.
Given that there hasn't been any other Dream mechanics in the newer games, can't exactly use them in standard gameplay.

9 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

I really don't know the logic behind that for Pokeballs.

i think the really logic behind for pokeballs is to have many different pokeballs and to make it look good at the pokemon but we do not really see the point for pokeballs 

yea i agree with @theSLAYER that Dream balls was a mechanic story tied and that they should also bring back the dream world with many other different pokeballs 

1 minute ago, PokemonMaster899 said:

i think the really logic behind for pokeballs is to have many different pokeballs and to make it look good at the pokemon but we do not really see the point for pokeballs 

I think you misunderstood what Jojo said.

Based on context of the conversation we were having thus far,
Jojo didn't understand why they removed certain balls, not that he didn't understand why there's balls.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

I think you misunderstood what Jojo said.

Based on context of the conversation we were having thus far,
Jojo didn't understand why they removed certain balls, not that he didn't understand why there's balls.

In fact I was questionning only game mechanics not artistic director that made the choice. But I still though it was stupid to make exclusives Pokeball when the way to get them is down and you can't pass it easily.

• Like 2

Just now, jojo12100 said:

In fact I was questionning only game mechanics not artistic director that made the choice. But I still though it was stupid to make exclusives Pokeball when the way to get them is down and you can't pass it easily.

i mean the point is that you have to shiny hunt or hunt down the pokemon you want it to have in the wild to get to the right pokeball u want it to have. They should add that feature to Gen 8 to pass down the ball when people are breeding it make people's lives much more easier 

Just now, PokemonMaster899 said:

i mean the point is that you have to shiny hunt or hunt down the pokemon you want it to have in the wild to get to the right pokeball u want it to have. They should add that feature to Gen 8 to pass down the ball when people are breeding it make people's lives much more easier 

I have a theory about: it's because of the Gender Unknown Group.

In that case which Pokeball should the baby Pokemon inherit?

But they can resolve that case in gen8 I really hope so (and distribute DreamBall/ParkBall/ContestBall Ditto as well).

1 minute ago, jojo12100 said:

I have a theory about: it's because of the Gender Unknown Group.

In that case which Pokeball should the baby Pokemon inherit?

But they can resolve that case in gen8 I really hope so (and distribute DreamBall/ParkBall/ContestBall Ditto as well).

it is confusing that if the Pokemon was a male or a female Pokemon or did not have a gender in the first place. that it would make sense that it did not pass down the ball in the first place. but they should really fix that when Gen 8 comes out.

For Example:

if the Pokemon was a Male it should Pass down the ball

If the Pokemon was a Female it should also pass down the ball

But if the Pokemon had an unknown gender (NO GENDER) it should not pass down the ball and be a regular pokeball instead 

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

A new Pokebal appeared in the new movie and I already hate its design!

NewPokeball.JPG

I don't quite like it, either. Prolly because it's already been memed as "Argentina Ball" among latino fans.

Though, it's curious to see Ash using something other than a regular ol' Poké Ball. Might be somewhat related to Zeraora?

On 6/13/2018 at 2:35 PM, theSLAYER said:

To give them away in other games, that could cause story changes, so I guess they rather not contradict themselves.
(which is why he didn't give them away in bulk. Presumably, he got them as a gift from Kanto Oak, who we knows travels to Johto)

IMHO they could program however the Kurt balls for every game also if unobtainable, in R/S/FR/LF/E/D/P/P don't exist, in B/W/2/X/Y aren't working... Why this? And for the Berserk gene, the rage candy bar and the slowpoké tail is the same, I'm working on HG/SS to restore them 'cause they don't brought back from G/S/C in D/P/P and then removed them also in HG/SS, slowpokè tail and rage candy bar are key items without any effect but in B/W/2 Rage candy is like should have been in HG/SS and this is very silly...