Managing 3DS Saves: Using JKSM

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Don't think so; I've only seen Checkpoint for Switch

bummer, i've been managing my 3ds saves with JKSM ever since i got CFW in early 2017 since its  easy to use so its pretty convenient for me 😥

Does checkpoint have all the features like JKSM and is it just as easy to use ?

if not , then i really wish the JSKM dev would make a switch version lol

While I'm still using JKSM on the 3DS, I'll say it's very easy to get into Checkpoint on the Switch.

Press A to select Game title among a list of games,
then (I think) D pad left or right to select switch account to dump from
(note: saves no longer stored on cart, so you can have multiple saves legitimately, by simply having multiple accounts on the Switch).

Then you can click L bumper to dump, and R bumper to restore.
(you also get to scroll through a list to select to dump into existing or into new file on SD, or restore from which existing file on SD)

I pretty much got into it pretty easily with a few simple tries, without having to refer to any kind of documentation.
I think it's all pretty much on the screen :)

• Relieved 1

• 2 months later...

Hello i dont know if im posting in the right section, but im kind of deseperate, i have been trying to make this work for 6 hours, so i managed to instal a homebrew, its subwars and i have 11.9 frimware on my 2DS and im trying to make JKSM work but it doesnt detect my titles what could i do ?

Ps i forgot to mention i have a digital copy of pokemon Y

Edited by Gokuyo

26 minutes ago, Gokuyo said:

Hello i dont know if im posting in the right section, but im kind of deseperate, i have been trying to make this work for 6 hours, so i managed to instal a homebrew, its subwars and i have 11.9 frimware on my 2DS and im trying to make JKSM work but it doesnt detect my titles what could i do ?

Ps i forgot to mention i have a digital copy of pokemon Y

Did you select "Refresh Titles" or "Refresh Games" in JKSM?

While the appearance may vary based on version, it's kinda like this,
before you even select Cartridge or SD/CIA:
image.png

3 minutes ago, Gokuyo said:

There is no refresh titles on my screen i dont see it 

If you have a "Reload Titles" (as seen in the first image in the first post),
Use that first.

If it still doesn't work, take a photo of the menu.
And also, are you using the latest version?

13 minutes ago, Gokuyo said:

I have 2 different versions of it i dont seem like yours and i never can select a cartridge 

55881978_10158362274074502_6928180731218755584_n.jpg

55713745_10158362274124502_2641417591553261568_n.jpg

You didn't reply me if you're using the latest version LOL. Tho I guess that doesn't matter, since I'm not using the latest version, nor am I using steelhax.

In any case, try using every version of .3dsx found here.
Every other "I need help page" that I could find recommends using some form of refresh/reload option,
so if keep trying every release of JKSM and try looking for such an option.

If it still doesn't work, or if you decided to not deal with this, just move on to the .3dsx version of Checkpoint.

4 minutes ago, Gokuyo said:

i appreciate your helps, im using a homebrew launcher, in the topic its specified i need a CFW to launch Checkpoint, and i cant install a CFW without a R4 card i guess ?

If you look at the link I linked above, that have a new version of Checkpoint that doesn't require CFW (hax entry works)

Well for your firmware, that is probably true, that you need ntrboothax to install B9S and CFW (ignoring hard mod).

13 minutes ago, Gokuyo said:

I just tried i think the homebrew is not that good and i cant advance in my game i guess, i just wanted a 6iv ditto in Y, thank you anyway ! 

yeah hax entrypoints may have limitations :/
Perhaps you could try to find someone to trade one to ya

• 5 months later...

Hello I'm having one problem with mine. When i go to titles and click on my game, and then click on Save Data, it tells me the archive cannot be opened? But if i go into extra data, there's a " new " button i can click on there. But every time i try on the Save Data one, it tells me the same thing. Please help!!

11 minutes ago, Ashley1978 said:

Hello I'm having one problem with mine. When i go to titles and click on my game, and then click on Save Data, it tells me the archive cannot be opened? But if i go into extra data, there's a " new " button i can click on there. But every time i try on the Save Data one, it tells me the same thing. Please help!!

what game? and are you using CFW or homebrew or..?

4 hours ago, Ashley1978 said:

Ok I’ve downloaded this part now. And there is already a file in my 3ds that is empty and labeled “3ds” do I just replace that old one with this new one? Sorry for all the questions :/

yeah give it a try, and let us know if it works.