USUM - x12 Revives (NA)

Holla!

According to Serebii:

A new bundle for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has been revealed for North America. At select retailers, you can purchase the Pokémon Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon Starter's Pack. This pack contains the game, a keyring featuring Dusk Mane Necrozma or Dawn Wings Necrozma and serial codes for 12 Revives to be redeemed in the game.

Look out for these specially marked boxes if interested:

Spoiler

DKsCbgEW0AA0BhM.jpg

DKsCbzWW0AAiz8c.jpg

As for me, I don't care about this.

Edited by Holla!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

even marketing stuff ignored that it was Necrozma and not Solgaleo/Lunala forms

That's exactly what I was gonna say.
As for the revives...well, I guess it's good for beginners, you know, they could come in handy if you keep getting your Mons killed due to not knowing some type matchups (and not paying attention to the effectiveness text under the moves' names). Though personally, I don't care either.

4 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

Because they are not confident about the sales, no hype about this game, few trailers ...

No hype for the game? Are you kidding me?

I have to admit, sister games/companion games/ follow up games usually have lower sales than the first paired games,
but no hype? You're selling Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon short XD

I think the keychains would be interesting (especially Necrozma's Dawn Wings).

I kinda don't like item events, but @Ruby Genseki made a good point, about having it for noobs and kids?

Plus, the whole point of this type of promotion is "if you gonna buy later, you won't get any freebies, so might as well buy now".
It's to flip over those people who are sitting on the fence. XD

40 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I have to admit, sister games/companion games/ follow up games usually have lower sales than the first paired games,

We have to take into account the fact that they're actually adding new Pokémon without moving on to a new generation. There are at least two confirmed ones, both of them being UBs. Just in case you haven't seen them and want to, here's the trailer: 

Spoiler

• Like 1

@Ruby Genseki I'm aware of it!

They're adding (below is a spoiler. don't open it if you've yet to watch all trailers):

Spoiler

Confirmed:
1. Mantine Surf
2. New UBs
3. New Necrozma Formes
4. Expanded Alolan Pokedex (newer wild encounters from prev Gen Pokemon!)
5. Alolan Photoclub
6. Movie Ash Cap Pikachu
7. Lycanroc Dusk Forme
8. New areas
9. New Z moves
10. New trials (and existing trials have differences)
11. Necrozma appears earlier in the story (based on trailer, after Solgaleo and Lunala appears)

Unconfirmed/speculated:
1. New Alolan Formes (because why the hell not)
2. Celebi Z move (Mew got one, and Mew was VC giveaway, why not Celebi?)
3. New Villainous team (based on new poster)
(Also, Lillie's dialogue changed, no longer mentioned saving Lusamine. Despite similar scenes and similar progression, maybe the reason for going to Ultra Space changed?)
4. Lillie has her own Pokemon! (she carries a Pokeball in the poster)
5. Potential Post-game New Battle facility
(Anime: Brock and Misty promises to visit Alola; Trailer: Vermilion Gym-lookalike showcased; SM game dump: room of the same style discovered, bears the Gym symbol, and internal name calls it "gym")
6. Potentially new mythicals (expressed by conversation held in public by SciresM and Pokemon Op_sec guy)
7. UBs have their own unique Overworld Location (part of trailer, but too pixelated.
8. Zygarde has its own unique location, maybe Resolute Cave (Overworld sprites dumped from SM)
9. is it possible to get Mega Evolutions earlier on? I find it unlikely, but giving us Mega-family-lines to encounter and no megas, feels stupid.

• Amazed 1

Well, I've watched all the trailers so there's no spoiler at all for me xD
As for the speculations...

Spoiler
46 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

New Alolan Formes (because why the hell not)

Even though many people is expectind 2nd gen alolan forms, I find this unlikely.

Celebi Z move (Mew got one, and Mew was VC giveaway, why not Celebi?)

This seems more plausible, and I really hope it's a thing.

New Villainous team (based on new poster)

Huh, when I saw it, the first thing that came to my mind was Aether's uniform being redesigned.

Lillie's dialogue changed, no longer mentioned saving Lusamine. Despite similar scenes and similar progression, maybe the reason for going to Ultra Space changed?

Didn't know this, but I hope it means more to explore and do in Ultra Space, it's a place with so much wasted potential.
...Or maybe I just want an excuse to spend more time in there, Idk.

Lillie has her own Pokemon! (she carries a Pokeball in the poster)

Yes, I noticed that and really expect her to be battleable at some point.
-For that matter, back in SM, I didn't wanna take Nebby from her, they should just let her keep it and give us the post-game Cosmog, it wouldn't be the first time we'd have to beat the main story before getting the mascot legend (looking at you BW2) and it doesn't bother me-

Potential Post-game New Battle facility
(Anime: Brock and Misty promises to visit Alola; Trailer: Vermilion Gym-lookalike showcased; SM game dump: room of the same style discovered, bears the Gym symbol, and internal name calls it "gym")

Anime: Ash promises [Insert any character/Pokémon's name in here] to come back. I wouldn't take an anime promise so seriously, but still, it'd be nice to have a new battle facility, as long as it keeps or improves Battle Tree's scouting system (I really like to be able to choose my multi battle AI partners that way).

Potentially new mythicals (expressed by conversation held in public by SciresM and Pokemon Op_sec guy)

Didn't know that either, but if it's actually the case, seems reasonable. Usually, mythicals dictate how many movies will the anime have, and therefore, how long will the generation will be overal. Having only two mythicals and one of them being used for a gen 6 movie, all we had left was Marshadow, who appeared on this year's movie. They need new marketing material.

UBs have their own unique Overworld Location (part of trailer, but too pixelated.
Zygarde has its own unique location, maybe Resolute Cave (Overworld sprites dumped from SM)

This might mean just one of each UB. Either that, or we'll have multiple ones running across the map, not as random encounters but still visible in the overworld. If they do that, I hope they don't run away as soon as the battle begins, I really hated the roaming Pokémon mechanic.
About Zygarde... well, both Terminus and Resolution caves have similar botton chambers, and their japanese names have similar meanings, and in other languages, such as spanish, french or italian, they actually do have the same name with the "Cave" world varying (I.E: In french, they're Grotte Coda and Caverne Coda respectively). This cannot be a coincidence, or so I hope, I wanna have my Zygarde (and many other legendaries) on a Beast Ball.

is it possible to get Mega Evolutions earlier on? I find it unlikely, but giving us Mega-family-lines to encounter and no megas, feels stupid.

Seems unlikely, but this is the thing I hope most. While I don't dislike Z-Moves, I still like Mega Evolutions way more, and I feelt they put way too much emphasis on potentially mega Pokémon in the last trailer (Larvitar, Mareep, Manectric, Houndoom) to just end up leaving them in there with no more purpose than expanding the Dex.

Edited by Ruby Genseki

It's GF's own responsibility for announcing a Switch title right after they unveil the last 3DS games and then horribly compelling consumers with these cheap ass (pre-order) bonuses.

As for these games, I'd like to see some kind of plot twist like Lillie being evil even though I doubt it, literally fighting a fused UB + person like we could in BW2's PokeStar Studios (Looking at you, Lusamine) and definitely the difficulty feature from BW2, which could really motivate people like my cousin cause she never finished Sun since getting it for Christmas due to this and is only half-way through the third island; enjoying Yellow more.

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Even though many people is expectind 2nd gen alolan forms, I find this unlikely.

I actually want this to happen. Plus 400 pokemon in the dex, they need to pad it with something XD

When I saw it, the first thing that came to my mind was Aether's uniform being redesigned.

that thought crossed my mind too. Like maybe a rogue division of Team Aether
(kinda like Team Plasma vs Team Plasma, in B2W2)

Didn't know this, but I hope it means more to explore and do in Ultra Space, it's a place with so much wasted potential.
...Or maybe I just want an excuse to spend more time in there, Idk.

Urgh, I regret not retweeting the tweet, and I apparently didn't like the tweet, hence I can't find it now.

It was 2 Japanese screenshots side-by-side, one comparing USUM and SM, and at the same part of the dialogue,
the conversation was exactly the same, except the part mentioning saving Lusamine was omitted.

I wanna spend more time there too. I have a save game that is purely stuck there, so that I can hatch eggs there XD

Anime: Ash promises [Insert any character/Pokémon's name in here] to come back. I wouldn't take an anime promise so seriously, but still, it'd be nice to have a new battle facility, as long as it keeps or improves Battle Tree's scouting system (I really like to be able to choose my multi battle AI partners that way).

Yeah, I usually won't focus on the anime itself, but the anime has had in-game tie ins recently,
so I was only adding that to further reinforce the Gym theory.

This might mean just one of each UB. Either that, or we'll have multiple ones running across the map, not as random encounters but still visible in the overworld. If they do that, I hope they don't run away as soon as the battle begins, I really hated the roaming Pokémon mechanic.
About Zygarde... well, both Terminus and Resolution caves have similar botton chambers, and their japanese names have similar meanings, and in other languages, such as spanish, french or italian, they actually do have the same name with the "Cave" world varying (I.E: In french, they're Grotte Coda and Caverne Coda respectively). This cannot be a coincidence, or so I hope, I wanna have my Zygarde (and many other legendaries) on a Beast Ball.

You failed to mention that Resolute Cave has the exact layout as Terminus Cave XD.

I hope none of this crap is shiny locked, though they'll likely be.

3 minutes ago, Holla! said:

It's GF's own responsibility for announcing a Switch title right after they unveil the last 3DS games and then horribly compelling consumers with these cheap ass (pre-order) bonuses.

As for these games, I'd like to see some kind of plot twist like Lillie being evil even though I doubt it, literally fighting a fused UB + person like we could in BW2's PokeStar Studios (Looking at you, Lusamine) and definitely the difficulty feature from BW2, which could really motivate people like my cousin cause she never finished Sun since getting it for Christmas due to this and is only half-way through the third island; enjoying Yellow more.

Agreed, the timing of the switch title being announced is horrible.
Tho I still think that they'll have all promos, regardless on whether one was announced for the switch.

Plus, I expect the Switch title to be at least 2-3 years away..

I hope we get an actual in-game National Dex (was even coded in SM), but I fret they may not since they'll want Bank to have a purpose.

Also, does anyone wanna see a possible 5th Tapu that could even be a Tapu master (Fighting/Fairy, Dark/Fairy, Fire/Fairy etc.)? :D

• Like 1

@Ruby Genseki

36 minutes ago, Holla! said:

I hope we get an actual in-game National Dex (was even coded in SM), but I fret they may not since they'll want Bank to have a purpose.

Also, does anyone wanna see a possible 5th Tapu that could even be a Tapu master (Fighting/Fairy, Dark/Fairy, Fire/Fairy etc.)? :D

I know that they recorded whether you view/caught a nat dex Pokemon (for GTS usage),
but I think the Nat Dex entries weren't programmed in.

It'll be nice to get the Nat Dex, frankly

Maybe distribute totems to us!

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

No hype for the game? Are you kidding me?

Sorry but that what I can see here in Europe.

GF made a huge mistake by announcing Switch Pokemon few times after USUM.

Plus, in contrary of SM they decide to not overflow us of trailers/spoilers (there were 14 for SM in the same period for SM against 4 for USUM).

Even with the 2 New UBS, the new forms and maybe a new mythical Pokemon I don't think it'll save the game sellings.

Mostly because it is not like B2W2 a continuation of the first games but like Platinum or Emerald an alternate universe.

So except hardcore fans we are or strategic players it won't concern casual players.

Note that in Europe we'll surely have the Silvally event too to promote USUM release.

The problem is in fact that the boss of GF didn't believe in Switch sucess that's why they developped gen7 for 3DS, even with the limitations.

And now there is a paradox, lot of people bought the Switch they are waiting for games on it.

And honnestly like Masuda-san I'm a bit afraid about the expectations of Pokemon Switch it is very risky for them more than with Gold/Silver or Ruby/Sapphire !

• Like 2