Question on How Serial Codes Work for Mystery Gift (SM)

NinFanBoyFTW

23 hours ago, Selenium said:

All good. Following the above instructions, I replaced the ID with zeroes, deleted the card's flag and bada bing, bada boom. Worked a-okay. No need for removing Trainer IDs or anything.

So that's good, thanks everyone. Guess I'll be able to do this for all the Hatchu~

If you start a new game, your Sync ID is automatically full of 'Zeros'
so you need only change the G7ID and generade the SID/TID

• Like 1

Are you sure for the server-side verification ?
I started a new game last week, i backuped my save just before entering the PIKACHU20 code ... And i can restore the save without problem to claim a new Pikachu. ( Currently having 3 original and 3 hoenn ).

Maybe a region difference ?

Edited by Selliato
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Selliato said:

Are you sure for the server-side verification ?
I started a new game last week, i backuped my save just before entering the PIKACHU20 code ... And i can restore the save without problem to claim a new Pikachu. ( Currently having 3 original and 3 hoenn ).

Maybe a region difference ?

1 hour ago, King Impoleon said:

If you start a new game, your Sync ID is automatically full of 'Zeros'

I'm pretty sure its because you just started the game and tried to get the event instead of going online at least once. That's probably why

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, LordBlade said:

Oh, also, is there anything special I need to know about the wondercard stuff? I've not touched that before. Is it simply picking one and putting it in? And how do I know which ones to use?

Our Event Gallery has a bunch of wondercards.

Whatever Pokemon you generate using the left side of PKHeX,
Make sure you match it's region details to the contribution details posted.

Take this file for example:
Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

So mainly:
1. Nickname and language of Pokemon. default means default nickname, and save lang means it follows the language of the redeeming save file.
Of course, it could be redeemed on a Japanese game (so it'll have japanese name) then traded to English game.
2. If it cannot be shiny, do not make it shiny.
3. Region details must match
4. Receiving game must match. Above example can only be received by SM, so I chose Sun.

@LordBlade When you drag the wondercard to the left of PkHeX, it makes all the details for you.

all you need to do is change the details I've shown.

no, nothing is stopping you. Because these Pokemon can be traded or banked. So you can get more than one of the Pokemon in your game.

you may be limited by wonder card (in mystery gift area), but you can get them traded over.

On 11/30/2017 at 3:15 AM, LordBlade said:

I've gotten the latest version, and I've got the Pokemon now. Not by "making" them, but simply by resetting the Wonder Cards, so I basically got to get them all as gifts.

okay, for any legality errors (if it's indeed an error),
start a new thread at PKHeX for the bug, and upload the files for us to see.