Question on How Serial Codes Work for Mystery Gift (SM)

NinFanBoyFTW

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows how the serial code events for Sun and Moon Work. The main one im talking about is the Pikachu Cap event going on. I wanted to try to get all of the pikachu forms and I thought I could get all of them by getting one of the events, then restoring my save to my last backup that didnt have the Pikachu event (wondercard, any flags tripped by the event etc) but when I did some testing I found I wasn't able to get another event. So I'm not sure. Are they having some kind of server side verification or something? Also is there any way to get around this. Right now I have to make new dummy profiles every week to get all of the events. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks.

If I'm remembering correctly....

Yeah, they have server side verification. I can't speak for Wifi or in-life events, but for serial codes, they definitely do. If you want all the pikachu, you will need to make dummy profiles. 

For a personal example, I input a pikachu serial code (which was not a universal one since I was doing the Japanese event) and got a strange error message ("The gift was not there.") When I tried to claim it on another game (as I wasn't 100% positive if I could claim a second pikachu on the JP games since they were unique codes), it told me the serial code was already used. Trying it again on the first game got the redemption to work. Even though it failed the first time, the code was registered to that game. It's not a game synced game, so it's looking at the OT/TID/SID or something. 

• Thanks 1

I had mentioned this last week and wanted to report back with my findings. So when trying to receive the Hoenn Cap Pikachu with my backup save before the Original Cap was received, with edited TID/SID/G7ID/OT, it was still staying I had already received the gift. What finally allowed me to receive Hoenn Cap Pikachu was editing the Game Sync ID. And for what it's worth, I never used Game Sync with this game.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

I had mentioned this last week and wanted to report back with my findings. So when trying to receive the Hoenn Cap Pikachu with my backup save before the Original Cap was received, with edited TID/SID/G7ID/OT, it was still staying I had already received the gift. What finally allowed me to receive Hoenn Cap Pikachu was editing the Game Sync ID. And for what it's worth, I never used Game Sync with this game.

Yeah, I typically edit TID/SID/Game Sync ID, if I wanna rerun codes for screenshots.
I've yet to isolate whether editing only 1 is sufficient.
(I usually zero out the game sync ID, and let the server re-give me one)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

I just tested again by only zeroing out the Game Sync ID, and it worked. So that can confirm it's all that matters in regards to the server.

Yeah that actually makes a lot more sense to me. They already use the Game Sync for these types of things so I guess the same way they mark when the last time you synced your game, they mark if you received an event.

6 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

I just tested again by only zeroing out the Game Sync ID, and it worked. So that can confirm it's all that matters in regards to the server.

How does one go about doing this? Removing the numbers in Pkhex had no effect, still got the same error message when trying the code again.

Just now, Selenium said:

Tried both. 

Will be trying the above instructions in about and hour and a half though. 

Maybe I was just lucky with the Game Sync ID being only necessary, but I'd think it'd be the case for everyone.

Is this with a backup save before you originally received the wondercard, or did you manually remove the it? If you removed it manually you may have forgot to remove the flag that says you've received it.

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

Maybe I was just lucky with the Game Sync ID being only necessary, but I'd think it'd be the case for everyone.

Is this with a backup save before you originally received the wondercard, or did you manually remove the it? If you removed it manually you may have forgot to remove the flag that says you've received it.

Erm, it's a save from after. Don't have the one from before. I deleted the Wonder Card right after though. It doesn't show up in game. 

12 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Ok, that's probably your problem. Click the Mystery Gift section in PKHeX and delete flag 0627, not just the wondercard. That and a zeroed-out Game Sync ID should be all that's necessary. Let me know.

Hide contents

2ZASBe4.png

Yeah that's definitely the problem lol.

Card has to be deleted, and removed from received list.

All good. Following the above instructions, I replaced the ID with zeroes, deleted the card's flag and bada bing, bada boom. Worked a-okay. No need for removing Trainer IDs or anything.

So that's good, thanks everyone. Guess I'll be able to do this for all the Hatchu~

• Like 3