NinFanBoyFTW

Using PKHeX: How to Compile The Latest Version of PKHeX

@BlackShark So I ran it, and here are the 4 files i have in my folder:

PKHex.Core.dll

PKHeX

PKHeX.exe

PKHeX.pdb

Do I just need to move the first 2 files and i can delete the entire "PKHeX-master" folder?

5 minutes ago, BigPapiBrian said:

It's under build config manager, right?

Well what I meant was this, but you can change it that way as well.

release.png.1466d5a6bcf64542425c0fc4ac19fc1e.png

3 minutes ago, BigPapiBrian said:

@BlackShark So I ran it, and here are the 4 files i have in my folder:

PKHex.Core.dll

PKHeX

PKHeX.exe

PKHeX.pdb

Do I just need to move the first 2 files and i can delete the entire "PKHeX-master" folder?

What exactly is the file type of the first two files? If they are XML Configuration files you don't need them. You just need the exe.

Posted (edited)

The 1st and 3rd are XML Configs, the 2nd is an Application, and the 4th is a Program Debug (I couldn't see the rest of the type). Also, I may have done an oopsie. I ran the application, and i hit no to bak file. I can restart the process if I need to, as it doesn't take long. Last thing. I tried to import a ROM, but it said the file was too large. Is there any way I can do this?

Edited by BigPapiBrian

@BigPapiBrian You don't need to restart the process. You can create a new folder in the directory where your PKHeX.exe is and call it bak. Also there should be an option in PKHeX's settings to enable automatic bakups.

You don't import ROMs in PKHeX, you need to get the save file. Check the tutorials for how to mange saves for different console types https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/

Since this is going off topic now (this thread is about compilation only) move further discussion into the PKHeX sub forums https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/forum/83-pkhex/ or send me a private message.

Hello Guys, I've tried to stick to the guideline, but it does not work. Can someone please help me?  I habe just 1/4 Projects. When opening Pkhex.sln, it says that at least one project was not loaded successfully. What am i doing wrong? Many thanks in advance

image.png.84c84d299aebbf5d33b2133b5f24911c.pngimage.png.0f3a907651f434eefe448a79f8a7b8ce.png

2 hours ago, OG93 said:

Hello Guys, I've tried to stick to the guideline, but it does not work. Can someone please help me?  I habe just 1/4 Projects. When opening Pkhex.sln, it says that at least one project was not loaded successfully. What am i doing wrong? Many thanks in advance

image.png.84c84d299aebbf5d33b2133b5f24911c.pngimage.png.0f3a907651f434eefe448a79f8a7b8ce.png

You'll need to install the .Net Core SDK 3.0 to build PKHeX. Alternatively, you can find the latest development build of PKHeX here:

Anyone know how to fix net sdk/net core issues? Tried different versions, turned the extension on in visual studios, and dont know how to find or make a globaljson