Pokemon Colosseum Save Data Transfer Between Cards

Bnthomason

Hello. I'm attempting to use my Pokemon Colosseum game save taken from my Gamecube's nintendo memory card, and transfer it to either another memory card, or onto my computer.

However, I run into a snag when doing this.

Utilizing GCMM, I attempted to backup the save, and restore the save onto a different memory card. When entering the game, the game save loads fine, except that I cannot save the game to that memory card, stating a message similar to "This is not the same memory card as the one associated with the game data. Please insert the correct memory card to continue saving" This happens on both the memory card, and on dolphin emulator.

I even tried the following cheat on my game cube:

Make Game Save Copyable [Ralf]
QBG7-6X4E-UN7DU
NH26-2519-VTJPM
6M8C-N29E-1Z7JW
XU5Y-MH41-JCGCQ
CVWN-QFAZ-UWB1B
V2ZY-PM7G-8MCKZ

Am I forgetting a step, or is this actually impossible to do at the moment?

7 hours ago, Bnthomason said:

Hello. I'm attempting to use my Pokemon Colosseum game save taken from my Gamecube's nintendo memory card, and transfer it to either another memory card, or onto my computer.

However, I run into a snag when doing this.

Utilizing GCMM, I attempted to backup the save, and restore the save onto a different memory card. When entering the game, the game save loads fine, except that I cannot save the game to that memory card, stating a message similar to "This is not the same memory card as the one associated with the game data. Please insert the correct memory card to continue saving" This happens on both the memory card, and on dolphin emulator.

I even tried the following cheat on my game cube:

Make Game Save Copyable [Ralf]
QBG7-6X4E-UN7DU
NH26-2519-VTJPM
6M8C-N29E-1Z7JW
XU5Y-MH41-JCGCQ
CVWN-QFAZ-UWB1B
V2ZY-PM7G-8MCKZ

Am I forgetting a step, or is this actually impossible to do at the moment?

What software/hardware are you using? I've been using the GameCube mod manager since 2013 and I've never encountered this problem. 

All my memory cards are third party. Before it broke, I used the SD Media Launcher. Now I use a 5$ memory card I got on Amazon and the SD Media Launcher disk. 

If you can't track down an SD Media Launcher, a 20$ GameCube/Wii Action Replay will load data from your SD card if you have an SD Gecko in your GameCube. 

Edited by HaxAras