Pokemon XD:GoD Randomiser Tool (OSX)

On 9/26/2017 at 5:27 PM, ThePokeChamp2002 said:

Is there no way to open this and the colosseum randomizer tool via windows? I dont have a mac but I wanna play these games randomized so badly. I also dont want to use a pre patched rom cause I want to randomize it bymyself. I have more fun with self randomizing. Sorry if it sounds weird xD

It is possible to get a mac virtual machine on windows but other than that you'd need access to a mac unfortunately. One day though :-)

Just now, StarsMmd said:

It is possible to get a mac virtual machine on windows but other than that you'd need access to a mac unfortunately. One day though :-)

Alright, I tried downloading mac virtual machine, but it just wont open :(. It says everytime that there was an unhandled exception so it cant open sadly. Maybe you know a fix?

On 9/28/2017 at 1:08 PM, ThePokeChamp2002 said:

Alright, I tried downloading mac virtual machine, but it just wont open :(. It says everytime that there was an unhandled exception so it cant open sadly. Maybe you know a fix?

Do you know which version of OSX you're running?

On 9/28/2017 at 8:08 AM, ThePokeChamp2002 said:

so, i found this great site for how to set up ur virtual machine and how to get the actual machine, i followed the instructions step-by-step and mine seems to work, so... here ya go!

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/macos-windows-10-virtual-machine/ --how to set up the machine

https://techsviewer.com/fix-download-limit/ --how to fix issues with reaching download limit on the virtual machine links

also, guess because im super impatient and rash i wont be needing the patches- but i think it would be a good idea to put some up for those less fortunate, lol

On 2-10-2017 at 12:42 PM, MonoChromePsycho said:

so, i found this great site for how to set up ur virtual machine and how to get the actual machine, i followed the instructions step-by-step and mine seems to work, so... here ya go!

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/macos-windows-10-virtual-machine/ --how to set up the machine

https://techsviewer.com/fix-download-limit/ --how to fix issues with reaching download limit on the virtual machine links

also, guess because im super impatient and rash i wont be needing the patches- but i think it would be a good idea to put some up for those less fortunate, lol

wow thanks alot mate! Hope this helps with my problem :D

oh, also: quick question for stars.

does the randomizer, in removing trade evolutions, remove those like onix/scyther? and if so would you still need a metal coat or no?

also, how would this work for a mon like slowpoke, whose evolution will go to bro at 37 and king with trade+king's rock (which, if this trade becomes a lvl 40 evo, would give slowpoke 2 possible evos at the same time at 40+)

just wondering, since i know with gba/ds/3ds roms i can edit evo paths directly through certain rom-hack programs, so idk what the parameters are here since i cant physically check it.

thnx!

On 2-10-2017 at 12:42 PM, MonoChromePsycho said:

Hey, I used the VirtualBox for the mac os sierra but when I load it, it keeps rebooting the mac over and over. Its like looping itself. Do you or anyone here know how to turn mac apps into windows exe cause I am really sad that I cant use these programs. If also, can someome help me with my problem? Any help is appreciated.

On 10/2/2017 at 11:42 AM, MonoChromePsycho said:

I'm glad you managed to get it working :-)

On 10/7/2017 at 5:52 PM, MonoChromePsycho said:

oh, also: quick question for stars.

does the randomizer, in removing trade evolutions, remove those like onix/scyther? and if so would you still need a metal coat or no?

also, how would this work for a mon like slowpoke, whose evolution will go to bro at 37 and king with trade+king's rock (which, if this trade becomes a lvl 40 evo, would give slowpoke 2 possible evos at the same time at 40+)

just wondering, since i know with gba/ds/3ds roms i can edit evo paths directly through certain rom-hack programs, so idk what the parameters are here since i cant physically check it.

thnx!

Yes it does remove the likes of syther/onix evolutions and just makes them regular level 40 evolutions.

I actually have no clue what would happen with slowpoke at level 40. I didn't consider it. Maybe max happiness would be a better alternative for trade evolutions. 

On 10/10/2017 at 1:30 AM, DevilishMew said:

I'll echo MonoChrome's request to create a few 'seed' patches like you did with Colosseum. That would be awesome since I'm on Windows.

I tried installing a Mac VM and it....didn't go well. LOL

Thanks a ton in advance.

Alright, I'll work on that ;-)

On 10/10/2017 at 8:29 PM, ThePokeChamp2002 said:

Hey, I used the VirtualBox for the mac os sierra but when I load it, it keeps rebooting the mac over and over. Its like looping itself. Do you or anyone here know how to turn mac apps into windows exe cause I am really sad that I cant use these programs. If also, can someome help me with my problem? Any help is appreciated.

I don't think they can be converted. I will be making some pre-randomised patches though so feel free to use one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I am back with another request xD. I know it has nothing to do with XD GoD or Colosseum, but since you can make randomizer tools, is it maybe also possible to make a Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Randomizer tool. Someone made one for explorers of sky, so I thought if it is maybe possible for PSMD too. If it is possible and you have the time, I would love it if you could make a PSMD Randomizer tool. I always loved that game and I wanna try it randomized this time. 

On 10/29/2017 at 8:38 AM, ThePokeChamp2002 said:

Hey I am back with another request xD. I know it has nothing to do with XD GoD or Colosseum, but since you can make randomizer tools, is it maybe also possible to make a Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Randomizer tool. Someone made one for explorers of sky, so I thought if it is maybe possible for PSMD too. If it is possible and you have the time, I would love it if you could make a PSMD Randomizer tool. I always loved that game and I wanna try it randomized this time. 

Unfortunately I don't know anything about hacking those games but maybe @psy_commando can help with that?

Someone pinged? XD

On 10/29/2017 at 4:38 AM, ThePokeChamp2002 said:

I don't think we know enough about dungeon structure yet to randomize it.. Also, starter pokemons have high poly models for cutscene, while most non-starters don't, so randomizing starters will need some sort of way to bypass the game looking for hi-res models as well, to avoid missing models and crashes on missing animations. And another big hurdle is how everything in the game is referred to using hashes, and we don't know how the hashes are computed yet. Long story short, that game will require a lot of disassembly and asm reading to understand its internals, and that takes time, and its not particularly fun most of the time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, psy_commando said:

Someone pinged? XD

I don't think we know enough about dungeon structure yet to randomize it.. Also, starter pokemons have high poly models for cutscene, while most non-starters don't, so randomizing starters will need some sort of way to bypass the game looking for hi-res models as well, to avoid missing models and crashes on missing animations. And another big hurdle is how everything in the game is referred to using hashes, and we don't know how the hashes are computed yet. Long story short, that game will require a lot of disassembly and asm reading to understand its internals, and that takes time, and its not particularly fun most of the time.

Oh I understand. Thanks for taking your time to answer my question :D

• Time Gear 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 6:59 AM, StarsMmd said:

As promised I have created a tool that allows you to randomise pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness!

I'm actually so hyped about this.  I guess making a version for us plebian W10 users is in the works though?  Also thanks so much for getting the new patch out to us!

13 hours ago, dontkillSif said:

I'm actually so hyped about this.  I guess making a version for us plebian W10 users is in the works though?  Also thanks so much for getting the new patch out to us!

I’ll look into but it won’t be any time soon unfortunately. ?

• 10 months later...