Gen2 to Gen7 Shiny Celebi

Kazalber

Okay, so first of all: Hi y'all :D

Been lurking for a while but decided to create an account to see if someone could help me with this situation.

You see, I found out that the only game where Celebi is not shiny-locked is in Crystal. And so, with the help of gameshark codes, I was able to unlock the GS Ball event that was originally only released in Japan. After this, I went with the classic soft reset method to get a shiny Celebi. I did. But my joy didn't last long when I came to realize there was no "legal" way to get my precious Celebi up to my Gen7 games.

And so, I turned to PkHex, but to my dismay, it didn't support the first two gens :( That was back in june.

Yesterday, however, the new update went live and it included Gen2 support. I was thriving. I immediately went on to check my Crystal save file and it recognized it and I was able to check my pokémon. My lovely Celebi was there, and IT WAS MARKED AS LEGAL! :XD: Oh! The joy! The happiness!

I proceeded to save it as a .pkm file to load it onto my gen7 save file. But, when I did, it was flagged as illegal. :|

Why most this happen to me? Is it necessary for me to suffer in order to gain something better later on in life? (TT_TT)

Please, before commenting, keep in mind that LEGAL and LEGIT are not the same thing.

I know for sure my Celebi isn't LEGAL, since GameFreak didn't allow compatibility between Gen1&2-Gen3 onwards and didn't launch the GS Ball event anywhere else in the world and I got it on an emulator, not the actual cartridge game.

But it is LEGIT. I hunted him until I got him. I'm not the only one who has. I didn't create it on PKHex or any other editing tool.

Is there any possible known way for my cherished Celebi to be marked as legal without losing it's shininess?

34 minutes ago, Kazalber said:

Okay, so first of all: Hi y'all :D

Been lurking for a while but decided to create an account to see if someone could help me with this situation.

You see, I found out that the only game where Celebi is not shiny-locked is in Crystal. And so, with the help of gameshark codes, I was able to unlock the GS Ball event that was originally only released in Japan. After this, I went with the classic soft reset method to get a shiny Celebi. I did. But my joy didn't last long when I came to realize there was no "legal" way to get my precious Celebi up to my Gen7 games.

And so, I turned to PkHex, but to my dismay, it didn't support the first two gens :( That was back in june.

Yesterday, however, the new update went live and it included Gen2 support. I was thriving. I immediately went on to check my Crystal save file and it recognized it and I was able to check my pokémon. My lovely Celebi was there, and IT WAS MARKED AS LEGAL! :XD: Oh! The joy! The happiness!

I proceeded to save it as a .pkm file to load it onto my gen7 save file. But, when I did, it was flagged as illegal. :|

Why most this happen to me? Is it necessary for me to suffer in order to gain something better later on in life? (TT_TT)

Please, before commenting, keep in mind that LEGAL and LEGIT are not the same thing.

I know for sure my Celebi isn't LEGAL, since GameFreak didn't allow compatibility between Gen1&2-Gen3 onwards and didn't launch the GS Ball event anywhere else in the world and I got it on an emulator, not the actual cartridge game.

But it is LEGIT. I hunted him until I got him. I'm not the only one who has. I didn't create it on PKHex or any other editing tool.

Is there any possible known way for my cherished Celebi to be marked as legal without losing it's shininess?

Until the Pokemon Crystal does not comet out, we will not know that to do with the event GS Ball. At the moment, there is no Celebi in Pokemon Gold and Silver Virtual Console. Crystal was not released yet.

Edited by puchamon

31 minutes ago, puchamon said:

Until the Pokemon Crystal does not comet out, we will not know that to do with the event GS Ball. At the moment, there is no Celebi in Pokemon Gold and Silver Virtual Console. Crystal was not released yet.

Let's bet, GameFreak will not release Crystal. They protect Celebi at all costs so people won't get him shiny. That's why the one they distributed with the VC release is shiny-locked. >:(

17 minutes ago, Kazalber said:

Let's bet, GameFreak will not release Crystal. They protect Celebi at all costs so people won't get him shiny. That's why the one they distributed with the VC release is shiny-locked. >:(

Possibly Shiny Celebi is exclusive to Mystery Dungeon Saga, as Primal Dialga

Just now, puchamon said:

Possibly Shiny Celebi is exclusive to Mystery Dungeon Saga, as Primal Dialga

So...it would be like saying that's why they stopped distribuiting the SG Ball event? They regretted allowing people to get him? I mean, it's the only legendary pokémon that can't be catched during any game Gen3 onwards, only by special distribution like the VC release, the PokéBank, etc.

It would make sense...but it only makes me want him more. -_- Now that I have him, I want him on my team but it's not the same if the system marks him as illegal. :( 

13 minutes ago, Kazalber said:

So...it would be like saying that's why they stopped distribuiting the SG Ball event? They regretted allowing people to get him? I mean, it's the only legendary pokémon that can't be catched during any game Gen3 onwards, only by special distribution like the VC release, the PokéBank, etc.

It would make sense...but it only makes me want him more. -_- Now that I have him, I want him on my team but it's not the same if the system marks him as illegal. :( 

There are several Shiny Pokemon that can not be obtained like Shiny Keldeo, Shiny meolleta, Shiny Volcacion, Shiny Hoopa, Shiny Zygarde, Az Floette, the Shinys Ultrabeast, Shiny Tapus (except event Tapu Koko), Shiny Cosmog family.

It would not be the first time that there are pokemons impossible to obtain.

Edited by puchamon

Even if they do release Crystal (and it is looking likely at this point based on what dataminers have found), unless they release the GS ball event, Shiny Celebi will still be illegal. There is nothing you can do to get around this.

It was not the intention of the VC release to be able to put our "original saves" back on there (and many of them are long gone. My USA crystal died over 7 years ago.). Even if you somehow managed to get lucky enough to get a GS Ball back in the day (which, was probably rather rare...I can't seem to find any numbers on it), and managed to save the original save data using an external tool, it's not something that is going to be recognized by Gamefreak as legal by any stretch of the imagination. It requires methods that are unsupported by Gamefreak/Nintendo. 

It's not going to stop me from using my "recreation" of original save with my original TID and DVs on my favorite pokemon, but it's still not the intention of the developers. In my case though, they can be generated in the VC, so they will be "legal" when I move my save over. (Providing I don't send anything over that would be unobtainable outside the VC, like say a surfing pikachu from Pokemon Stadium) GS Celebi right now, cannot be generated by normal means. 

If they -do- release GS ball event, it will need to be released on the language your celebi is on in order for it to be legal. If they only release it for Japan, and your Celebi is English, it will still be illegal. (See: Shiny Mew from Emerald, even if Gamefreak's hack checks are terrible and will pass up English Mews lol) 

Just keep your fingers crossed that they do the event if they release crystal. Otherwise... Celebi is doomed to be forever illegal.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kazalber said:

But it is LEGIT. I hunted him until I got him

I'm sorry to burst your bubble love, but

5 hours ago, Kazalber said:

with the help of gameshark codes, I was able to unlock the GS Ball

If you used codes to get the item to unlock the event, its not legit, its not legal.
It's illegal. (besides, something isn't even legal, it cannot be legit)

Spoiler

legal_legit_chart_v1.gif

Also, with the lack of Crystal and the GS Ball event in VC right now,
it is not possible to get any Celebi during normal gameplay,

(even glitches to obtain the GS ball is questionable, but right now Crystal isn't even out)

Important point:
I'm am not denouncing your effort. I think it is amazing that people have the patience to SR something until it is shiny.

But, just because you put in effort doesn't mean it isn't hacked/cheated.
The entire process has to be legit, for the Pokemon to be legit.

People put in a lot of effort to remove the shiny lock, to SR for a shiny Zygarde,
and it is impressive, but not legal nor legit.

[I put in a lot of effort to glitzer pop a Shiny Celebi, and it's illegal lol]

Now, to go back to your question (on how to be legal and shiny concurrently), which I'll address from a VC point of view:
1. Even if Crystal is released, they could choose to not give away GS ball

2. Even if they decide to give it away, it may be Japan only.
If your Celebi is caught in a non-Japanese game, there is almost no chance it'll be legal, since only Japan got the GS ball event previously.

3. Wait for PokeTransporter update. If Poketransporter allows a Shiny Celebi to be transferred,
despite it not being obtainable, just proclaim it to be "glitched", not "legal", not "legit", and you get your wish.

I mean, isn't the most important thing, having your prized possession in Gen 7 through legitimate means?

• Like 8

For the event, I do not have much hopes that it will be released. While I can see them doing it as a motivation to purchase the game, I really am doubting they will given how much they seem to want to do shiny locks at the moment along with... other complications. It was distributed through the Pokémon Mobile System GB. From what I know of the patches, it looks like they are removing it  (or at the very least, scrubbing images related to it) in the Japanese patch. I'm honestly not sure if they can even distribute the GS ball through the Mystery Gift option. If they can, it'll most likely be another real life event like the VC Mew.

So, if they do have the event, it'll be "legal" if the event is in your language your Celebi is on. If not, it'll continue to be illegal, just like English shiny Mew from Emerald is illegal as the event was never released outside of Japan. 

As theSLAYER stated, that's pretty much why I used "Legal" rather than "Legitimate" when referring to re-obtaining my old TID. There's no known ways to RNG abuse in Gen 2 right now, so you have to either hack or soft reset.  I chose to brute force it with a LUA script to soft reset for me. Your TID can range from 0 to 65535, and getting exact DVs would be about the same chance (1 in 65,536). Much, much rarer than an actual shiny pokemon. So, yeah. the game is generating it instead of me altering it, but I'm taking a huge shortcut by making a program do it for me. 

• Like 2

@theSLAYER @Britty So long story short: If it's going to be illegal and illegitimate any way you see it, I might as well just take him to my gen 7 games and enjoy having him on my team, but being smart about it; not taking him on any online events / battles until (if) there's a legal way to get him which at this point I really doubt will ever happen since GF stated how they feel about people praising shiny legendaries way more than regular ones.

Only thing I'm still confused about is why PKHex marks it as legal when loaded on my original Crystal save file but illegal on any other generation (3 onwards)?

On 22/9/2017 at 5:26 PM, puchamon said:

There are several Shiny Pokemon that can not be obtained like Shiny Keldeo, Shiny meolleta, Shiny Volcacion, Shiny Hoopa, Shiny Zygarde, Az Floette, the Shinys Ultrabeast, Shiny Tapus (except event Tapu Koko), Shiny Cosmog family.

It would not be the first time that there are pokemons impossible to obtain.

This I know.

I meant that Celebi is one of the few that can't be obtained, regular nor shiny, in a normal gameplay. I mean, even Mew was obtainable by glitch.

But yeah, GF loves to make legendaries obtainable only through events; Darkrai, Cresselia, Arceus in Platinum, the alternative forms in B2W2, etc.

42 minutes ago, Kazalber said:

@theSLAYER @Britty So long story short: If it's going to be illegal and illegitimate any way you see it, I might as well just take him to my gen 7 games and enjoy having him on my team, but being smart about it; not taking him on any online events / battles until (if) there's a legal way to get him which at this point I really doubt will ever happen since GF stated how they feel about people praising shiny legendaries way more than regular ones.

Only thing I'm still confused about is why PKHex marks it as legal when loaded on my original Crystal save file but illegal on any other generation (3 onwards)?

Crystal is currently GBCartEra only; as in, there's no way to get it on virtual console.
Since it's not virtual console, the Celebi Event is thus obtainable (japanese only, but whatever).

Transferring to gen7 requires it to originate from a virtual console save, which has not released the event.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kazalber said:

PKHex have two legal modes for gen 1 and 2 save files. Virtual Console mode and GameBoy cart mode. When you load the crystal save the program uses the GBCartEra mode, because there is no VC Crystal yet. The differences between VC and Gameboy are not only Crystal, Pokemon Stadium 2 is only available in GB mode, that means in VC there is no move reminder.

Of course the only trade available betwen gen 2 and 7 is with the Virtual Console games, that means any gen2 pokemon in sun/moon use the Virtual Console legal analysis.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I was searching for that to make one for me. I can't. But this guy with the girl could make it, on this year actually: https://goo.gl/GcuzQq.

This other guy explain how to get any pokémon shiny legit on 3ds by VC. You'll need the game downloaded and make it right. I downloaded pokémon gold only for make this: https://goo.gl/eKYPz1.

Well, I hope I'll help you. I saw other post about shiny Mew and you helped the guy and actually it helped me to get one shiny legit Mew with 6ivs. :)

1 hour ago, Johx said:

I was searching for that to make one for me. I can't. But this guy with the girl could make it, on this year actually: https://goo.gl/GcuzQq.

This other guy explain how to get any pokémon shiny legit on 3ds by VC. You'll need the game downloaded and make it right. I downloaded pokémon gold only for make this: https://goo.gl/eKYPz1.

Well, I hope I'll help you. I saw other post about shiny Mew and you helped the guy and actually it helped me to get one shiny legit Mew with 6ivs. :)

ACE does not make something legit, or even legal. It's still considered hacked.

8 hours ago, Johx said:

Sigh, not this guy's video again. You have no idea how many times I had to deal with this.

1. Let's talk about the above video in the link first. Note his Celebi is English, from English Crystal (which Celebi wasn't available to international versions at that point)
2. He also didn't really SR it. He used a code to make it shiny:
He has a video showing the supposed encounter (below), and the lack of dialogue with Kurt after the capture typically happens when someone uses code to fake the encounter + make it shiny
<watch his video at point leading up to after the capture> <how the official unused international event would have looked past capture>
3. He "got his friend to transfer the Celebi" for him. Except he also notes it was done with PKHeX. THAT GOES AGAINST THE DEFINITION OF LEGITIMATE!

Spoiler

false.PNGhacker passing of as legit lol.png

Before we move on to the next video, I'll like to clearly state my stance.
I'm okay with hacking for personal use (obviously, since I'm here), but my problem is with people trying to pass off a hack as legitimate.

8 hours ago, Johx said:

As @Sabresite mentioned, ACE glitches are counted as hacked. (Besides Transporter doesn't allow it to be transferred right now anyway)

As a fun side note, I have a list of Fun ACE glitches that can make every wild Pokemon Shiny, converting Pokemon to Shiny etc etc.
(but of course they'll be considered hacked)

I too, can fake encounters on VC

• 5 months later...
On 12/30/2017 at 6:37 PM, Sabresite said:

We will have to wait and see. My guess, they will shiny lock the GS event with static DVs

Do you keep marking it as illegal?
Play the Pokemon Crital in the VC that comes with the GSBALL EVENT.
Catch Celebi but here he marks me as ILLEGAL. Why?

celebi.JPG

31 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Hold CTRL and click the red flag. Paste the report so we can see why it is illegal.

They already helped me with the problem.
And the solution was that my save file was .SAV soPKHEX considered the game as CARTRIDGE.
The only thing I had to do is rename the .SAV file to .DAT (VC format).
And I already mark it as LEGAL.
Thank you as well.
My english sucks sorry :P