Newbie questions (lots of them).

the4got10-1

I transitioned from A-Save to PKHex as PKHex supports all 7 Pokemon generation and oh boy, is the user interface huge.

---

Under the "Main" section:

What is the star symbol next to the PID supposed to represent?

Under the "Met" section:

I assume setting Met Level to 0 would imply that it hatched from an egg just like A-Save?

Under the "OT/Misc" section:

What does the "Extra Bytes" stand for? I have the option of 0x2A or 0x2B but they do not seem to do anything.

Under the "Misc Edits" section:

Which flags am I supposed to check in order to experience events as how they implemented for the original cartridges?

Extra question:

Is it possible to generate a Pokemon that makes the Mirage Island appear similar to this: http://www.ppnstudio.com/maker/index.html ?

---

Thanks in advance.

Edited by the4got10-1

For the ones I can answer, the star is shininess, and the met level for eggs is always 1. You could probably generate a Mirage Island Pokemon by setting the met location there, and I know there's an editor that sets the required spawn bytes to the current ones if you want to catch it "legitimately". Keep in mind though, the only Pokemon that spawn on the island normally are Wynaut.

Edited by Sirnight
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Sirnight said:

For the ones I can answer, the star is shininess, and the met level for eggs is always 1. You could probably generate a Mirage Island Pokemon by setting the met location there, and I know there's an editor that sets the required spawn bytes to the current ones if you want to catch it "legitimately". Keep in mind though, the only Pokemon that spawn on the island normally are Wynaut.

- the star is shininess

Thanks.

- the met level for eggs is always 1

Eggs hatch at Level 5 in Gens 2 and 3, which is why I'm wondering if setting the Met Level to 1 would result in it appearing as "Met at Level 1 at (location)" rather than "Hatched at Level 5 at (location)". The legality checker says that the "Expected Met Level = 0", so I guess it's the latter. Guess it wouldn't harm to try, haha.

- probably generate a Mirage Island Pokemon by setting the Met Location there

Hmm, that might work. Mirage Island, here I come!