Copying event flags from pre-completed game. Offsets?

Irrational

Hello, long time lurker here. I just wanted to know what the hex offsets are for the Pokemon S/M (Moon specifically) event flags. I want to use that to copy/paste event flags from one save to the other, because I'm lazy and don't want to complete the story again lol. Or would that, for some reason, corrupt the save?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I actually found it. For confirmation, is it 0x1C00 + flag? All the clues point to that, but I just want to make sure.

EDIT2: Heh. Should've seen this coming. Directly hex editing the values for the event flags results in a checksum error (duh). However, there is hope! In the attachments is a list of all 240 event flags required for 100% story completion and their corresponding values, according to PKHeX's FlagDiff. I would absolutely love a batch event flag editor, but one can dream, right? COUGHCOUGHkaphoticsCOUGH.

Basically what you need to do is go through each event flag and set their values according to the second number (Example: "50: 0->3" means change event flag 50 from 0 to 3).

Keep in mind that these values come from comparing a bare-minimum save file (saved outside the player's room) to a 100% story save I found on YouTube, so some of the event flags are probably not story-related. But, more research has to be done I guess.

Thanks for all the help guys, even though these edits were done before a reply was made...!

Flags.txt

Edited by Irrational
I'm stupid

• 3 months later...

Hello, I'm new about this so I have a couple of questions related to this topic!

I want to use a AZ save game into a OR rom so, I was thinking about the team Magma-Aqua  appearences (It happens even before 1st gym)

Do they do event flags? Are unmatched event flags checked by nintendo/gamefreak when playing online?

I'm just trying to have the more possible legal save game.

Thanks! Any other info (or link) about event flags and how to set them on Pkhex would be very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...