Wish Bagon egg from Emerald

nickdos

How do I make one of these legal? https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_III#Wish_Bagon

What method is supposed to be used in the case of an event egg in Emerald? The ones in RNG reporter suppose that you have parents for IV inheritance but this is an event egg.

Edited by nickdos

3 hours ago, nickdos said:

How do I make one of these legal? https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_III#Wish_Bagon

What method is supposed to be used in the case of an event egg in Emerald? The ones in RNG reporter suppose that you have parents for IV inheritance but this is an event egg.

You could always re-create this one.

WishBagonA.png

5 hours ago, nickdos said:

what stats and nature do you want? I can make it for you.

6 hours ago, nickdos said:

That pokemon was not distributed to Emerald.  Also the algorithm is fairly complicated, and PKHex doesn't fully legality check it.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2017 at 3:42 AM, ajxpk said:

@Kaphotics I get totally confused about the "WC3" stuff tbh. Is there any explanation about it somewhere?
I also saw WC3 being mentioned when I tested the legality check for 3rd Gen Event Pokemon recently. Is this just temporary? Because it just feels so wrong.
The only Mystery Gifts in Gen 3 were Items like Aurora Ticket, Mystic Ticket and the Old Sea Map. Also the PCJP04 Eggs, PCNY Eggs and PokePark Eggs were Mystery Gifts. But everything else was not Mystery Gift and of course no Mystery Gift means no Wonder Card. So why are all Gen 3 Events called WC3? Otherwise it's cool that WC3 are getting supported by PKHeX if that's the case.

PKHeX doesn't handle the 'mystery gift event' script injectables, the WC3 data is basically a PKM template like the formats in future generations.

The way PKHeX's legality checking works is by finding matching encounters then verifying the PKM data against it. PKHeX needs an 'encounter' for these events; EncounterSlot/EncounterStatic/EncounterTrade don't really fit the bill, but the future games event templates do. By making fake templates with all the relevant details, the program can detect these gen3 events.

WC3 data is not able to be saved, as it is not from a binary format (it's just code).

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, slowbeatle said:

Been reading on how to make a legit wish bagon and well, I can conclude with this that is nearly impossible to recreate a wish bagon with the wanted spread/nature combo?

Like other events, there are only 65535 spreads.  Unfortunately of those, only a fraction are bagon with wish.  Also almost all of the IV spreads are shit.

12 hours ago, ajxpk said:

Yeah, nearly impossible. At least in the case of Pokémon Center 5th Anniversary I wouldn't recommend to have high hopes on finding something competitive.

There are 65535 Spreads, which are limited to 4 Species. (25%) And then again split because of the 2 Moves. (12,5%) With the exception of Pichu (20%) where you have 2x 10% and Shiny Pichu (5%) where it's 2x 2,5%.

I gotta have to say something about the Spreads though. The thing is we don't have a spread list and I don't wanna go as far as @Sabresite says that they're all shitty. He could be right but I don't know, simply because I don't know all of them.

Just for the record, you have 16bit Initial Seeds from 0x0000 to 0xFFFF. Which means 65535 in total. PID is called before IVs... sounds all familiar. But I said initial seeds for a reason, because there is something that separates the Pokémon Center 5th Anniversary Eggs and Negaiboshi Jirachi from everything else that came later. 

Unlike in later Events where the Initial Seed is also the Seed for the first PID call it's not the case here. The PID in fact is actually called with the 3rd rand() and 4th rand(). Then the IVs are called at rand() 5 and rand() 6. Which means in other words that the PID and IV spreads are totally different compared to everything known.

I wouldn't rule out that there could be one or two good Spreads. This might be more interesting for Negaiboshi Jirachi though.

Then there's the Algorithm. In Jirachi's case it only affects the Berry. However as far as the Egg goes, there's the Species and the two Moves and it's an really awkward algorithm. Which I think is not even public. (I can't remember what's in that other thread.) Just my advise, don't do it. Doing it manually would be a pain the ***.

I still kinda wished I could get my hands on a working Negaiboshi rom, just to see what else is still in it from the Pokémon Center 5th Anniversary Event and if it could be switched to generate these Eggs with a few tweaks. I like to mess with these things, just can't make much about it public, because I always keep my word when I get stuff to play with. 

100% can be changed to generate the eggs. Requires very few code tweaks.

• Like 1