PKMN Colosseum [PAL] to [NTSC] conversion not working.

HaxAras

I'm using the Pokemon Colosseum save editor to change the language of my Colosseum save from PAL to NTSC. I'm using the same game configuration settings that my NTSC saves have and it gives me an error every time I try to load up the game. 

I'm trying to make save-states in every language using this one save so I don't have to play the game 6 times. Is there a reliable way to convert saves between regions?

1AAAS.png

The Pokemon GC games seem to have issues with region swapping saves in my experience.

If you remember with Pokemon Box I had similar issues with trying to load your NTSC save on my PAL version of Pokemon Box.

I could load your NTSC save, using an NTSC game on a PAL console, however when using a PAL game it would read the save, then corrupt it when trying to save any changes. 

I’m guessing the Pokemon games might have slightly different savefile layouts between regional copies of the games.

2 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

I’m guessing the Pokemon games might have slightly different savefile layouts between regional copies of the games.

That doesn't make my work any easier. I'm trying to make save-states to catch the E-reader shadow mons in every language. If I remember correctly, I think somebody said the E-reader room is in the PAL copy, but the info desk doesn't work properly like it does in the US and Japanese copies.

I need to convert the saves from PAL to NTSC U or NTSC J, do the E-reader battles. Save right next to the E-reader shadow mon trainer and then catch the E-reader shadow mons in each language. I was then going to share the save states so everybody could do it but the Colo/XD: save editor doesn't work.

The PAL ereader room (and IIRC the bonus disc content as well) has some kind of problem with missing English dialogue. You're greeted by blank text boxes when "talking" to the NPC at the desk.

Not sure about other languages.

Edited by Lum

10 hours ago, Lum said:

The PAL ereader room (and IIRC the bonus disc content as well) has some kind of problem with missing English dialogue. You're greeted by blank text boxes when "talking" to the NPC at the desk.

Not sure about other languages.

That's why I need to convert the PAL save to NA. I plan to battle the E-reader trainers and save right before battling the E-reader shadow mon and catch them in every language. I was also going to make Mt.Battle save states and attempt to get the un-released Celebi and Pikachu in every language. 

4 hours ago, HaxAras said:

That's why I need to convert the PAL save to NA. I plan to battle the E-reader trainers and save right before battling the E-reader shadow mon and catch them in every language. I was also going to make Mt.Battle save states and attempt to get the un-released Celebi and Pikachu in every language. 

If the dialogue pointers are broken, then the game won't call up the screens to connect to the GBA for Celebi and Pikachu.

I've been wishy washy about testing this further but take a look here. Straight from Dolphin how the PAL bonus disc content loads for me.

I don't own a good capture device for a real console.

GC6P01-1.png

GC6P01-2.png

GC6P01-3.png

34 minutes ago, Lum said:

If the dialogue pointers are broken, then the game won't call up the screens to connect to the GBA for Celebi and Pikachu.

I've been wishy washy about testing this further but take a look here. Straight from Dolphin how the PAL bonus disc content loads for me.

I don't own a good capture device for a real console.

GC6P01-1.png

GC6P01-2.png

GC6P01-3.png

The E-reader room works just fine in the North American copy of the game. But I can't do anything with the E-reader room until I'm able to successfully convert my save from PAL to NTSC.

How did you access the bonus disk content? I've only seen a copy for the German version. And I can't tell if that's German as in the German Pal copy or if it will work with my Spanish copy, with the save language set to German. 

I used the English PAL AR code, with the game set to English.

Enable Japanese Bonus Disc Content [Ralf]
3V7P-NZA1-ZBNVQ
WNR8-RY3Q-29P6T
GMNK-UQNE-QR78H
WHZ0-EWPJ-12BTD
NRTU-8KHF-1PZZ8
F57Q-1RNH-ZBAKF
CNU4-TJFW-TR1W0

Edited by Lum

13 minutes ago, Lum said:

I used the English PAL AR code, with the game set to English.

I'll test the German code later then. I'll make a video of the results.

I'm getting the E-reader mons in every language no matter what. I'll just do the battles in my NA Colosseum save and convert the individual Pokemon to each language if I have to. It just feels like accepting defeat and I can't share save-states like I intended to. If I have to do that, I'm not wasting my time with Mt.Battle save states either. And if German and English are the only languages the AR codes are in, I can't get the other Agate Celebi or Colos Pikachu. 

My hopes are getting more and more dashed, that's for certain. Unfortunately I'm pretty confident I've established for the record that the existing PAL English code cannot be used to receive Agate Celebi or Colos Pikachu. We'll have to wait and see if somebody hacks the game further to find them.

8 minutes ago, Lum said:

My hopes are getting more and more dashed, that's for certain. Unfortunately I'm pretty confident I've established for the record that the existing PAL English code cannot be used to receive Agate Celebi or Colos Pikachu. We'll have to wait and see if somebody hacks the game further to find them.

Whatever code I had entered before I replaced it with this one took me nowhere. I can change the OT of the Celebi and language to whatever AGATE is in each language. But i'm not sure what the translation of COLOS would be in each language. 

• E-reader shadow mons: Only way I'm getting all languages is by changing them and their languages. I still have to make E-reader save states and catch them multiple times to even do this. 
  • Agate Celebi and Colos Pikachu: The current AR code doesn't work for me. German or whatever the other code was.
  • Mt.Battle save states: I can't convert the save between regions and there's no way i'm playing the game in English and Japanese so I can make Mattle Ho-oh states. I already don't want to climb Mt.Battle for the 10th time, let alone 2 more after. 

1AAAS.png

This project is a bust. 

IYYmtqL.gif

Edited by HaxAras

Notice the different "Game ID". Another interpretation of Ralf's info we haven't investigated, is the game having an alternate "2AC" release (which if dumped would be a separate ISO image). Even though the standard "2A6" PAL version can be played in German.

Try the codes on this page for your copy. It's possible we've been mistaken all along about the other languages needing new codes, since the page does not claim or represent in any way that its codes only work with the game running in English mode.

https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2023

Edit: The below list of Game IDs supports the separate German ISO idea.

https://sites.google.com/site/gamecubentscgameidlist/

Edited by Lum

11 minutes ago, Lum said:

Notice the different "Game ID". Another interpretation of Ralf's info we haven't investigated, is the game having an alternate "2AC" release (which if dumped would be a separate ISO image). Even though the standard "2A6" PAL version can be played in German.

Try the codes on this page for your copy. It's possible we've been mistaken all along about the other languages needing new codes, since the page does not claim or represent in any way that its codes only work with the game running in English mode.

https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2023

Edit: The below list of Game IDs supports the separate German ISO idea.

https://sites.google.com/site/gamecubentscgameidlist/

My Action Replay lists Pokemon Colosseum (DE) and I only know that means German from my experiences as an Achievement hunter and collecting EU Xbox games. 

I managed to get the Celebi code to work. The Pikachu menu crashes every time and I don't have the PokeCoupons to test it out. 

This Celebi is weird. It's OT is German but it's French because my Colosseum copy is French. I have no idea if I have to use my French Ruby/Sapphire or if any language will work or if the GBA cart has to match the Colosseum save or the Colosseum language. 

In other words, a very simple answer solves the most important confusion here: Nintendo printed two editions of the PAL game disc.

The "2AC" release supports English, Spanish, French, German, and Italian.

The "2A6" release's origins and purpose are less clear. "German" could also refer to the country of Germany, as opposed to a difference in supported text languages. We need more details.

Assuming what we know now about the game IDs is right, then distinctly French, Spanish, or Italian copies of the game don't exist.

5 minutes ago, Lum said:

Assuming what we know now about the game IDs is right, then distinctly French, Spanish, or Italian copies of the game don't exist.

1AAAS.png

This suggests slightly different. It's OT name is Emeritae. So to get every variant, I'd need to track down Spanish, German and Italian copies and play each copy, backup the save and convert it to each language and bla bla bla. But my munny is too tied up to bother tracking down 3 more language variants of Colosseum. 

Thanks for the progress! I have no idea how the Celebi or Pikachu OT languages are determined. Is there any chance the story mode was started in a different language, than that used at the time the transfer was performed? If the save was downloaded online, no telling what's been done to it.

I got this Celebi hours ago. I'm done with this project.

The save was started on a PAL copy, in English and changed to German early on. By me. 

I wasn't planning on sharing this Celebi. But I started to remind myself of those rare event hoarders I hate and I'm not them.

251 - CELEBI - C8563D77D9AE.ck3

Edit: I only speak English. But I like to think i'm half-decent at being able to at least recognize other languages. 

This looks Spanish to me. But the Pokemon is French. So I don't know what's up with it. 

Spoiler

IMG_20170917_022337460.jpg

Edited by HaxAras