SM USUM- Pokemon Scrap Pikachu Event and Mythical Pokemon

jojo12100

1 hour ago, King Impoleon said:

12/1 means December 1st,  like US.

in Europe we would think its January 12th

1.12.2017 (EU)
December 1st, or 12/1  (US & JP maybe other countríes)

What's important is the Kanji used.
means month, and means day.

edit:
Also, mythical Pokemon?
I wonder what they're getting...

Also, saving the larger image:

Spoiler

DJl4N02V4AAInnr.jpg large.jpg

• theSLAYER changed the title to SM USUM- Pokemon Scrap Pikachu Event and Mythical Pokemon
  • 4 weeks later...

I just had a thought that I know (probably) wouldn't happen: Since whatever Mythicals they distribute that doesn't have a Shiny will probably be programmed to be Shiny-locked, what if they had n00b programmers that accidentally programmed it to be Shiny (then quickly rectified it) like that one Japanese Mew?

3 minutes ago, Holla! said:

what if they had n00b programmers that accidentally programmed it to be Shiny (then quickly rectified it) like that one Japanese Mew?

Well then, if it is actually possible to legitimately get the Wonder Card for at least a short moment, then they'd be forced to consider the shiny thing as legal since they released it themselves. Someone'd be fired, but I dobut they'd simply say something they released themselves is not legal.

4 hours ago, Holla! said:

I just had a thought that I know (probably) wouldn't happen: Since whatever Mythicals they distribute that doesn't have a Shiny will probably be programmed to be Shiny-locked, what if they had n00b programmers that accidentally programmed it to be Shiny (then quickly rectified it) like that one Japanese Mew?

I assume you're talking about the OT problem with Mew? That is a bit more of a different problem. The programming issue was with the character they used in the OT. Something that was easily overlooked as it looked identical to the character they wanted to use. Even fanbased projects, like Pokecheck, had this problem. In my case, they used the wrong apostrophe when using their transfer system to Gen 4, which somehow Gamefreak's terrible hack checks managed to catch. It's not easy to catch a problem like this when the symbol looks the same.

With shiny checks, they most definitely have perfected that now. The only case of a programming error was the Colosseum bonus disc Jirachi (and maybe the channel Jirachi?I think this being found shiny is a newer discovery), and if I recall correctly, they had lower than normal odds to be shiny. It also seems they run tests of their wondercards, so it most definitely would be caught before going live at least. 

That said, they could make the scrap campaign pokemon shiny. HA Shiny Mewtwo was first released this way, before it got a distribution in other countries. Shiny eevee was another one, though there is nothing unique about it. They most likely will make it so it's either always shiny (like Mewtwo or Eevee) or never shiny though. Having the shiny is a nice way to make people want to participate in the campaign though. I just hope if they do, it won't be a last one like Mewtwo again because Mewtwo would've cost me over $100 on ebay.

Would be nice to have the "random" shiny wondercard chances again though. Outside of eggs (which they can't shiny lock for reals, so some they just let have the chance be shiny without needing to trade), the only one that could be shiny in Gen 6+ was a magikarp IIRC. Gen 5 at least had a few wondercards that could randomly be shiny. 

Edited by Britty

8 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

My predictions for the 3 Mythical Pokemon that will be distributed:

-Manaphy (not distributed since 2010 in Japan!)

-Meloetta (not distributed since 2012 in Japan!)

and for the last

-Genesect (not distributed since 2013 in Japan) or Shiny Volcanion (recently promoted in TCG).

Not a new USUM mythical? I thought I read that they added species? 

• Amazed 1

5 hours ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Well then, if it is actually possible to legitimately get the Wonder Card for at least a short moment, then they'd be forced to consider the shiny thing as legal since they released it themselves. Someone'd be fired, but I dobut they'd simply say something they released themselves is not legal.

Hey, I'm sure there are people out there reckless enough to risk such a job position. :P 

1 hour ago, Britty said:

Would be nice to have the "random" shiny wondercard chances again though. Outside of eggs (which they can't shiny lock for reals, so some they just let have the chance be shiny without needing to trade), the only one that could be shiny in Gen 6+ was a magikarp IIRC. Gen 5 at least had a few wondercards that could randomly be shiny. 

That'd be cool if they did, but I doubt it cause GF. Speaking about eggs makes me want a 4th Ranger game.

Also, did anyone not think about how logical it would be for a Shiny Hoopa?

8 hours ago, Holla! said:

Hey, I'm sure there are people out there reckless enough to risk such a job position. :P 

I wouldn't do it myself, tho. I dobut any sane person would willingly jeopardize such a job .-. unless they have some better opportunity out there, that is.

8 hours ago, Holla! said:

Also, did anyone not think about how logical it would be for a Shiny Hoopa?

I've been thinking about this since several months ago.

8 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Not a new USUM mythical? I thought I read that they added species? 

Oh, they've indeed added species, three of them have been revealed so far (all of them are UBs).
But, whereas it'd be nice to see another mythical (and knowing how common if for mythicals to determine how long a gen will last), I have the feeling that this gen is gonna be relatively short. Have you seen the last anime opening?
(This contains actual spoiler, so don't open it if you aren't up to date with the SM anime)

Spoiler

It already shows Gladion's Type: Null evolving into Silvally, Lillie's outfit change, and Ash's Pikachu exclusive Z-Move.
Nebby and Aether are already in the show as well.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

I thought the ID would be 171201

That's the most likely ID. Seeing as in Japan normally the years are first, then the months, and lastly the days, but I don't know if that's ever used before. I saw 10016 and that was the event Keldeo from 2016.

Edit: Marshadow's G7TID for the Japanese one is 170715, so it must be yymmdd

Edited by Cecillia
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...