[Bug] Japanese Pokemon White In-Game Trade considered illegal

James123

Not sure what all is different from the English Ingame trade specimen:

VhvlM3a.png

new EncounterTrade { Species = 546, Level = 15, Ability = 1, TID = 39922, SID = 00000, OTGender = 1, Gender = 1, IVs = new[] {20,20,20,20,31,20}, Nature = Nature.Modest, Version = GameVersion.W, }, // Cottonee

23 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Not sure what all is different from the English Ingame trade specimen:

VhvlM3a.png

new EncounterTrade { Species = 546, Level = 15, Ability = 1, TID = 39922, SID = 00000, OTGender = 1, Gender = 1, IVs = new[] {20,20,20,20,31,20}, Nature = Nature.Modest, Version = GameVersion.W, }, // Cottonee

Is the PID static, or is there a specific algorithm?

15 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Is the PID static, or is there a specific algorithm?

Seems to be static, this is the one OP provided:
image.png.9a163da105ea3d89ed9d7e2769612f23.png

But I think I found it out, look at this:

Spoiler

image.png.02f237829dcde8fd69ff88cfd65863f7.png
The provided PK5 file didn't have a set language, so...well, I just set it to Japanese and it's all right now.

Edit: Works with any language so they don't seem to be different at all. @James123, have you checked wheter your other (regularly caught) Pokémon have the same language issue?

Edited by Ruby Genseki

1 hour ago, HaxAras said:

This is a collection of gen 3 in-game trade Pokemon that have the same problem. I don't remember who did the Japanese FR/LG Pokemon but I did all the Emerald trades and they should all be legit.

Pokemon Fire Red GEN3 Legit Event Pokemon 1-17-17 - Trades.sav

JP farfetch'd: Level was edited, Leer and Sand Attack come from higher levels. Typical for others (someone dropped them back to a min-low level?)

JP seedot: Ability does not match PID

Plusle: there's no way to get a volbeat at level 4, only level 5 via breeding

• Thanks 1

Hrm, this is is strange. I had the same language problem missing on my JP Black, but for a different pokemon (Basculin). My JP Black is a cartridge, if it matters.

I'm not sure if I completed any of the other trades. I'll go ahead and check both my JP Black and JP Black 2 (also a cartridge), and report back. 

Edit: 
This problem is exclusive to B1. (And possibly W1, gotta check that still.) Every single pokemon I traded for in JP B1 is missing the language tag. Everything in JP B2 is fine though.

094 - JP Diamond ingame trade for Gengar ドロりん - BC4900000088.pk4

Emolga trade B1 - 587 - トビマル - 2FC8D400007F.pk5

Gigalith B2 trade -526 - ギガイアス - C87CFAF4A7AF.pk5

Machop trade SS 066 - きんにく - 3CA900002310.pk4

Petilil B2 trade - 548 - チュりっぺ - 996BD9851105.pk5

Rotom B2 Trade -479 - バッキー - 5DE26C9A3B2F.pk5

Rotom trade B1 - 479 - ドッキー - 5BDB2A000000.pk5

Tangrowth B2 save -465 - フサフサ - 49E52CF23FED.pk5

Edited by Britty
Upd8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kaphotics

Duhhhh, Monmon is from White 1. Well,it's definitely affecting both JP B1 and JP W1 with the language flag missing. I nabbed the basculin in the JP White 1 as well, and same problem (second .pkm, first is Monmon). I don't have JP W2, but it's probably safe to assume it's fine like JP B2. My JP Diamond and JP SS have no issues with the trades, from what I attached before.

546 - モンモン - 43166400007E.pk5

550-01 - アオメ - EAEA9400007F.pk5

Edited by Britty

7 minutes ago, Britty said:

@Kaphotics

Duhhhh, Monmon is from White 1. Well,it's definitely affecting both JP B1 and JP W1 with the language flag missing. I nabbed the basculin in the JP White 1 as well, and same problem (second .pkm, first is Monmon). I don't have JP W2, but it's probably safe to assume it's fine like JP B2. My JP Diamond and JP SS have no issues with the trades, from what I attached before.

546 - モンモン - 43166400007E.pk5

550-01 - アオメ - EAEA9400007F.pk5

Sometimes when I view a regular Pokemon in PKHeX, it's marked as legit. But when I view it the second time, it's loaded as it should be. Maybe try that?

Also, if you have any more of those in game trades. Please, keep sharing them. I collect in-game trade mons. 

What happens if one of these is brought up to Gen 6 (via transporter, not PKHeX)? Need to see if the language ID value gets fixed on transfer (pk5->pk6)...

I've got a fix ready to go, just need to confirm my hypothesis!

The ROM stores the encounter trade data with language IDs; I assume this value was undefined until it was noted prior to other language releases.