[Feature Request] Unused Roaming Darkrai Enabler

jojo12100

10 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

I would venture to guess Kaphotics is not going to take the time to investigate this.  We will need to find someone else who knows enough reverse engineering to figure it out and also pray there is enough coded in the game to be able to enable it.

Isn't "just" a flag?

I didn't know it would be so hard.

3 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

Isn't "just" a flag?

I didn't know it would be so hard.

Not quite.
IIRC, when you talk to the NPC, and have the flag set to roaming, the game then generates Pokemon's PID and data and sets it to a location in the save.
(which is why shiny hunting roamers, has to be done from before the roamers are met; the data location can be seen by Pokesav, if not mistaken)

So even if you were to change the flag in PKHeX, it wouldn't generate the Darkrai's data.
When you load the save, the game would either assume you already caught Darkrai or you'll encounter a roaming missingno (maybe, who knows).

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Also, this video demonstrates what I was talking about, for soft resetting roamers:

The first shiny I ever found was a roaming Raikou in Silver. So I always wanted to re-claim it in gen 4. But doing the SR before activating them thing or beating the HG/SS repeatedly to reset their stats was too painful. 

1 hour ago, HaxAras said:

The first shiny I ever found was a roaming Raikou in Silver. So I always wanted to re-claim it in gen 4. But doing the SR before activating them thing or beating the HG/SS repeatedly to reset their stats was too painful. 

What, Shiny Raikou in Silver! Badass!
I wonder if they use the same system (where stats are stored) in GS.

Yeah, doing the SR like he did in the video is a pain.
But he made the right choice to run away, so that he could save the shiny into the save XD

/edit:
@jojo12100 I'm curious about whether if one defeats the Darkrai, then defeats the E4, does it respawn without redoing the event?
If so, the flag idea may work.

Set flag, defeat E4, Darkrai respawns.

Tagging @Aurum too

(idea is from this video)

0x00 	int32	unknown
0x04 	int32	IVs
0x08	int32	PID
0x0C 	int16	Pokémon ID
0x0E 	int16	Current HP
0x10 	int8	Current level
0x11 	int8	Status conditions bitfield
0x12 	bool8	Is enabled
0x13 	int8	unknown
0b0000001	Asleep
0b0000010	Asleep
0b0000100	Asleep
0b0001000	Poisoned
0b0010000	Burned
0b0100000	Frozen
0b1000000	Paralyzed

Each roaming Pokémon entry is 0x14 bytes. They are stored at offset 0x8008 in Pokémon Platinum; don't know about Diamond and Pearl. The max amount of roaming entries is 5 in PT and 3(?) in DP.

The Pokémon IDs range from 0x1 (Bulbasaur) to 0x1ED (Arceus). Forms are not changeable, so you can't encounter a Speed Deoxys or something like that.

Edited by Aurum

2 minutes ago, Aurum said:

0x00 	int32	unknown
0x04 	int32	IVs
0x08	int32	PID
0x0C 	int16	Pokémon ID
0x0E 	int16	Current HP
0x10 	int8	Current level
0x11 	int8	Status conditions bitfield
0x12 	bool8	Is enabled
0x13 	int8	unknown

0b0000001	Asleep
0b0000010	Asleep
0b0000100	Asleep
0b0001000	Poisoned
0b0010000	Burned
0b0100000	Frozen
0b1000000	Paralyzed

Each roaming Pokémon entry is 0x14 bytes. They are stored at offset 0x8008 in Pokémon Platinum; don't know about Diamond and Pearl. The max amount of roaming entries is 5 in PT and 3(?) in DP.

I love to break games. What happens if you have the birds and Mesprit activated, Darkrai and then you try to activate Crecellia?

Does Crecellia disappear or does the game crash or does it over-write one of the currently roaming Pokemon? 

If something like this were added to PKHeX, it might be valuable to know.