Pokemon Transporter Version 1.3 Rolled Out

theSLAYER

image.png
With Poké Transporter, you can easily transfer any of your Pokémon using a single Nintendo 3DS system.

An update for the popular app that transfers your Pokémon from Generation 5 games and Virtual Console: Generation 1 games has gone live!
Preliminary reports indicate that for VC Gen 1 transfers, the erroneous shiny calculation has been rectified, and there are changes to gender determination.

We will continue to update this page, as the story develops.

Shiny Determination Source:
https://twitter.com/wwwwwwzx/status/905344972819275776/

It appears that shininess uses the original Gen 2 formula
image.png

Gender Source:
https://twitter.com/wwwwwwzx/status/905350763689402368

It also appears that gender is using original Gen 2 determination
image.png

and as a result, @SnorlaxMonster reported that with gender now being based on IVs, it's now impossible to get female Shiny 7:1 m:f Pokémon from VC.
which affects ALL of the Pokémon with that ratio that are in Gen 1: Starters, Fossils, Eevee line, Snorlax.

Gen 2 support not yet added
https://twitter.com/wwwwwwzx/status/905370609877520384 https://twitter.com/wwwwwwzx/status/905355687537938432

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

So it will be the same shit as Mew in gen1. Maybe we'll have a good news if there's a crystal vc release

as much as I hated that limited event nonsense, I technically gained from it
(since I had a trade ticket and my friend redeemed it for me)

Though the European one was a bigger mess, since lucky draw -.-

I prefer trade ticket > lucky draw.

eh the id for mew was the release date of pokemon red and green in japan so maybe the id of celebi if theirs an event will be the jap release date of gs im guessing the ot will still  be game freak and i don't think they are going to update transporter again just to allow celebi though so it may work on launch and you can use the coin case to change the id and ot. they have not added in gen 2 support so we don't know yet.

Edited by hacks

Adding on to that,
XYORAS received a ゲーフリ Mew, with the TID 22796,
and subsequently the VC Mew had the same OT and TID.

However, I'll like to point out that the upcoming Celebi isn't "GF", but rather "Ilex",
and even worse, it's TID has 6 figures. (Gen 2 can only have 5, so that alone may make coin case plan fail)

At least we have 2 ways to tackle this now.
Maybe use their old format and try 21119 as OT.

36 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Adding on to that,
XYORAS received a ゲーフリ Mew, with the TID 22796,
and subsequently the VC Mew had the same OT and TID.

However, I'll like to point out that the upcoming Celebi isn't "GF", but rather "Ilex",
and even worse, it's TID has 6 figures. (Gen 2 can only have 5, so that alone may make coin case plan fail)

At least we have 2 ways to tackle this now.
Maybe use their old format and try 21119 as OT.

they still could also have an event one in gs vc as well they had a mew event in xy and oras and there was a vc one to

Edited by hacks
  • Like 1

yeah they could make it so certain country get the vc one and every one else just gets the one in there gen 7 game. so uk and japan get one in vc games just like mew.

10 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Don't worry! Gen 2 VC support isn't even supported yet. The update is Gen 1 VC related.
I'm glad they finally they fixed the Shiny issue! And finally Genders are determined as it's supposed to be.
Also... I think it's good that Nature is still based on Experience and hope that it stays this way.
Because this way it's easier to get the nature you want.
Can't wait to see what's coming with the next update.

It's way too early to give up on Celebii. And I agree with @theSLAYER, I don't want it to be a "lucky draw" event. 
Because this again would limit the amounts of Event Pokemon that are distributed and we will have to pray that one of us is a lucky winner.
So... I hope in case it's a local distribution, we will see an Event similar to how Mew was distributed in Japan. 
Also I have to say... if there are Celebii Events coming we will have to preserve them anyway.
It's likely that there will be hidden informations like trash bytes once again.

they would not add gen 2 support this early because people can data mine it and find out the title id of vc gold and sliver then change there vc inject to the id and transfer early

Edited by hacks

25 minutes ago, hacks said:

yeah they could make it so certain country get the vc one and every one else just gets the one in there gen 7 game. so uk and japan get one in vc games just like mew.

they would not add gen 2 support this early because people can data mine it and find out the title id of vc gold and sliver then change there vc inject to the id and transfer early

^ that.
I was hoping for that to happen. (well, not to transfer early, just wanted to know what the ID is gonna be)

Also, if they don't split the VC 1 and VC 2 recognition properly,
it may be possible to transfer up glitched pokemon (but the moves and typing and all probably need to be set correctly, tho)

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

^ that.
I was hoping for that to happen. (well, not to transfer early, just wanted to know what the ID is gonna be)

Also, if they don't split the VC 1 and VC 2 recognition properly,
it may be possible to transfer up glitched pokemon (but the moves and typing and all probably need to be set correctly, tho)

I meant title id if they included support for it early people could just make a gold sliver vc inject with the title id and transfer pokemon early

3 minutes ago, hacks said:

I meant title id if they included support for it early people could just make a gold sliver vc inject with the title id and transfer pokemon early

Yeah, I know what you meant, and I totally considered doing that. (LOL)
But that's probably another way to get your 3DS totally banned (like playing SM before release date lol)

Then I moved on and talked about how people may be able to get missingno into Gen 7 as Johto Pokemon,
if they decided to use only 1 type of transfer subroutine for VC games ><

1 hour ago, hacks said:

Sine crystal has mainly the same save file structure im wondering if it would let you transfer from a crystal vc inject if you changed the tid of it to the same one as gold or sliver

That's slightly incorrect: while there are significant data in Crystal's offsets that are different, the important thing is OT Name and Box 1 offset is the same.
(Pokemon transporter display's OT Name before connecting to game, so that's important too)
I say it'll depend on whether they decide to check other areas before opening the save to export.

Another thing that I'll be more interesting in, is whether Pokemon Crystal's game ID will be accidentally released with VC GS.
(which same as you mentioned, hackery-imports time)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ajxpk said:

Legality wise every Pokemon that has been transferred to Pokemon Bank until this update (9/6/2017?) uses the old algorithm...And everything after uses the new algorithm...
I think both methods should be in PKHeX and which one is used should depend on the date.  

Given 3DS date can be easily changed, that wouldn't be a reliable way to determine which algorithm was used. 

• Like 2
  • Ditto 1