Upcoming 3DS Themes

Scried

Cool, those are some nice freebies. Shame they did not include them in the European boxes, although maybe I shouldn't complain since the US did not receive a boxed edition at all.

Glad to see they gave you a Celebi code, but I am confused why you got a Silver theme and not a Cast theme. I'm happy for you since you did not liked that one though, but maybe I shouldn't use Google Translate next time? :P

• 4 weeks later...
On 29-10-2017 at 2:58 AM, theSLAYER said:

That's very cool! Same style as Japanese tcg booster packs

Haha nice, didn't know that. Also, the pre-loads of USUM just went live in Europe and you get a free theme by doing so, but for some reason you get a generic Pikachu theme instead of this Necrozma one lol. o.O

• Like 1
  • Speechless 1

1 hour ago, Scried said:

Haha nice, didn't know that. Also, the pre-loads of USUM just went live in Europe and you get a free theme by doing so, but for some reason you get a generic Pikachu theme instead of this Necrozma one lol. o.O

maybe the necrozma one is for some kind of purchase or something..
or TCG related, since:
SM5-Ultra-Sun-Ultra-Moon-Booster-Packs.jpg

source: http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/10/februarys-english-set-ultra-prism-new-mechanic-and-five-ultra-beasts

@theSLAYER The only thing we can do is wait for the official reveal and release method I guess. The theme is now also uploaded to the Japanese CDN. Hoping the US will get it as well, but I don't see why not.

Edit: The Necrozma theme is now also uploaded to the the USA's CDN. And for anyone who is curious, below is the generic Pikachu theme you get when you pre-load USUM:

5a01923f5bb0d_PikachuPokball.png.f14193902b873b5013833caa778b5139.png

Edited by Scried
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Cecillia If you need a list of all the 3DS themes, you can check out these lists on Bulbapedia or Serebii. I thought about making a post where I would list all Pokémon related themes with images and such, but these list have already been made so it would be kinda pointless.

If there are any new upcoming Pokémon related 3DS themes, I guess I'll post about them here. Don't know if it is worth to create a new topic about, since the 3DS is kinda at the end of its life and I don't think we will get much more new Themes. Maybe we get a Crystal theme similar to the Gold and Silver ones or some other generic ones, but that will most likely be it.

Don't know if it is worth anything, but it could be cool to add a section about Themes to the site, similar to the C-Gear Skins. Of course you will not be able to download the theme files itself, since you have to pay for them and stuff, but maybe we could list all themes with a preview. Although, the Theme Shop will most likely go down sometime in the future and it would be a shame if these themes get lost forever. Guess that's talk for the future though. Thoughts?

Edited by Scried
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Scried said:

@Cecillia If you need a list of all the 3DS themes, you can check out these lists on Bulbapedia or Serebii. I thought about making a post where I would list all Pokémon related themes with images and such, but these list have already been made so it would be kinda pointless.

If there are any new upcoming Pokémon related 3DS themes, I guess I'll post about them here. Don't know if it is worth to create a new topic about, since the 3DS is kinda at the end of its life and I don't think we will get much more new Themes. Maybe we get a Crystal theme similar to the Gold and Silver ones or some other generic ones, but that will most likely be it.

Don't know if it is worth anything, but it could be cool to add a section about Themes to the site, similar to the C-Gear Skins. Of course you will not be able to download the theme files itself, since you have to pay for them and stuff, but maybe we could list all themes with a preview. Although, the Theme Shop will most likely go down sometime in the future and it would be a shame if these themes get lost forever. Guess that's talk for the future though. Thoughts?

The CIA files can't be dumped here according to the official rules, although custom themes could be done indeed. There are sites with dumps, although talking about those is strictly prohibited as per the rules.

• Like 1
  • Ditto 1

• Scried changed the title to Upcoming 3DS Themes
39 minutes ago, Cecillia said:

The CIA files can't be dumped here according to the official rules, although custom themes could be done indeed. There are sites with dumps, although talking about those is strictly prohibited as per the rules.

Sure, that would basically be piracy and is against the rules (and law :P). What I meant to say is that we maybe could add a section to the site that list all the Pokémon related 3DS themes (just like Bulbapedia and Serebii do), but then in a similar way as the C-Gear Skins list but without a download button. We would only post a screenshot/preview of the theme, similar to the images I posted in this thread. But then again this has been done already on other site, so it wouldn't add much.

The only thing I meant with uploading the themes itself was in correlation with the Theme Shop shutting down eventually. When this happens, it will become legally impossible to get these themes ever again. I know I am just speculation, but if this would ever occur, I was wondering if it then was oké for us to then share the theme files on this website (just the raw body_LZ.bin and the bgm.bcstm files, not a .cia). I do not intent to break any rules or something, I just want to know where you guys would stand on this if this would ever happen?

Edited by Scried

18 minutes ago, Scried said:

Sure, that would basically be piracy and is against the rules (and law :P). What I meant to say is that we maybe could add a section to the site that list all the Pokémon related 3DS themes (just like Bulbapedia and Serebii do), but then in a similar way as the C-Gear Skins list but without a download button. We would only post a screenshot/preview of the theme, similar to the images I posted in this thread. But then again this has been done already on other site, so it wouldn't add much.

The only thing I meant with uploading the themes itself was in correlation with the Theme Shop shutting down eventually. When this happens, it will become legally impossible to get these themes ever again. I know I am just speculation, but if this would ever occur, I was wondering if it then was oké for us to then share the theme files on this website (just the raw body_LZ.bin and the bgm.bcstm files, not a .cia). I do not intent to break any rules or something, I just want to know where you guys would stand on this if this would ever happen?

Those files are still copyrighted, because nowadays you can even copyright a string of data or numbers.

1 hour ago, Cecillia said:

Those files are still copyrighted, because nowadays you can even copyright a string of data or numbers.

Yeah, those files would still be considered copyrighted, but then a lot of other files on this site would technically be considered copyrighted as well. Also, I don't think you can just copyright every string/int/whatever you want. I am not a lawyer though. There was a lot of controversy about encryption keys in the past though and I don't really know what the  stances about this are currently, but the impact of simply copyrighting a number would be huge. I don't think it's useful for us to get into the whole legal/illegal argument here since I don't think it would add much to this topic, but if there are any admins/mods who could shine some light on this it would be much appreciated. 

On 2-11-2017 at 12:32 PM, theSLAYER said:

maybe the necrozma one is for some kind of purchase or something..

Looks like the theme got officially announced today! It will be released this Friday, the release date of the games. No preload or eShop-only purchase is required, it will simply be available in the 3DS Theme Shop and costs $1.99 / £1.79 / €1,99.

Edited by Scried

• 3 weeks later...

Found another upcoming Pokémon 3DS Theme on the Japanese server. Winter is coming...

5a243b1243561_PokmonWinterHideSeek.png.d498b17d37830bf63cd04f53cdd7555c.png

Name: Pokémon - Winter Hide-and-Seek
Music: Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Jubilife City Theme (Daytime)

Edited by Scried
  • Like 2
  • Amazed 2

On 4-12-2017 at 3:54 AM, Cecillia said:

Cool

Hehe, 'Cool' huh? I see what you did there... ;)

On 4-12-2017 at 5:30 PM, wrathsoffire76 said:

Is this the original Diamond and Pearl version or the X and Y remake?

Right, forgot to add that it's the original theme from Diamond & Pearl (updated my post). Sinnoh remake hint lol? :P

Edit: The theme just got announced officially. You can simply buy it in the Theme Shop.

Edited by Scried

On 3/12/2017 at 7:00 PM, Scried said:

Found another upcoming Pokémon 3DS Theme on the Japanese server. Winter is coming...

5a243b1243561_PokmonWinterHideSeek.png.d498b17d37830bf63cd04f53cdd7555c.png

Name: Pokémon - Winter Hide-and-Seek
Music: Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - Jubilife City Theme (Daytime)

Bit dissapointed that they still use the same old boring sound effect from the others pokemon theme. I don't know i was expect something more winter like. But at least the BGM is good.

Just found out that the theme is now also uploaded to the American server, Europe will probably follow soon as well I guess. There's also a nice Champions theme of Zelda Breath of the Wild coming, for anyone who's interested.

• Amazed 1

• 1 month later...

Was hoping to find a Pokémon Crystal theme on the Japanese server, but found these two instead:

preview_plasma.png.2ea78be0b21234ed74ba3192d5665c0b.png
Japanese name: ポケモン 敵組織~プラズマ団(BW)
English translated name: Pokémon Villainous Organization - Team Plasma (BW)
Music: Pokémon Black & White - Team Plasma Battle Theme

The top screen is scrolling and has Ghetsis, N, Anthea, Concordia and Genesect in the foreground and Bisharp, Hydreigon, Confagrigus, Zorua, Darmanitan, Team Plasma grunts and the Seven Sages in the background. The bottom screen has the Team Plasma logo with lightning has has animated walking Team Plasma grunts.

preview_neoplasma.png.57ceff2d26fbe0d8561426af025f984e.png
Japanese name: ポケモン 敵組織~プラズマ団(B2W2)
English translated name: Pokémon Villainous Organization - Team Plasma (B2W2)
Music: Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - Team Plasma Battle Theme

The top screen is scrolling and has N, Ghetsis, the Shadow Triad, Colress, Klinklang and Kyurem in the foreground and Team Plasma grunts, Anthea and Concordia in the background in front of the a frozen Opelucid City. The bottom screen has the Team Plasma logo with lightning has has animated walking Team Plasma grunts.

• Speechless 1