Upcoming 3DS Themes

Scried

On 9/3/2017 at 7:42 PM, theSLAYER said:

I totally preordered the Japan Silver (for my Japanese 2DS).

hopefully, a celebi code comes together.

imagine the horror, If the Celebi code is only for digital purchase 

(Mew serial code was given to physical Pokemon 2DS purchase, and also purchase of VC on eshop, if I'm not mistaken)

Two different events, actually! The serial code for being able to get it in Gen 1 was the physical 2DS purchase. When you bought the game digitally, you would get a code to claim a mew in Gen 6. I remember it taking me a few minutes to figure out where the serial code was with the digital purchase.

I really hope they give everyone a way to get a Celebi in the Gen 2 version. (North America had no way to get a Gen 1 Mew IIRC) I didn't want to import another Japanese 3ds (Well...2DS) just for a Gen 1 Mew.

• Like 2

This is what I just figured out, sort of, and it doesn't seem to be explained well anywhere (that I know of). All I can say is I was a bit confused in the process.

The "Cast" theme with the Gym Leaders is only obtainable by purchasing a Gold or Silver download code on Amazon.com. I know Serebii mentioned this for Japan, but I had no idea until just now this seems to be the case for every region. Maybe that was supposed to be obvious and I'm just slow, but I never do downloads through Amazon. I had already downloaded Gold through the eShop, but just downloaded Silver through a code purchased on Amazon. I wasn't going to download Silver this soon, but oh well.

Someone said you need to redeem the Gold/Silver code through your account on Nintendo's website to get the Cast theme, but I don't think that's necessary and I likely did it the hard way causing further confusion. I assume the code for the theme will be on your purchase history receipts on the eShop, regardless how the game code is redeemed, just as the other themes would be when you download the game directly through the eShop.

Only downside I see is that you can't get all three. I got the Gold theme from downloading Gold on the eShop, but only the Cast theme by downloading Silver through Amazon. I wanted the Silver theme as well, but... this isn't even on my CFW 3DS, so I don't even know if I can obtain it the "hard" way.

@theSLAYER I checked everywhere to see if I got the Silver theme as well, but no luck...

I also forgot to mention the most important news, and I guess worst. No Celebi code either if it's non-eShop. I'm going to assume this applies to physical bundles, unless there's also a Celebi code inside the box. Can't really say for sure yet until people get their boxes.

41 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

@theSLAYER I checked everywhere to see if I got the Silver theme as well, but no luck...

I also forgot to mention the most important news, and I guess worst. No Celebi code either if it's non-eShop. I'm going to assume this applies to physical bundles, unless there's also a Celebi code inside the box. Can't really say for sure yet until people get their boxes.

Capture5.PNG

So if I'm not mistaken:
1. For physical bundles, install the game with code provided
2. Then perform the steps I mentioned above, to get your Celebi code.

Additionally, I believe that is how themes are obtained.

edit: This video mentions the same steps.

@Got_Eevees Why woud you continue to save, you are still on 11.3 right? If so, you can easily install CFW thought the soundhax exploid. Just follow these instructions: https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

Anyway, about the themes. I have to agree with @Deoxyz in that it is all pretty confusing. 

As you might have seen the Gold and Silver ones were officially revealed after September 13th's Nintendo Direct and you will be able to get them by buying the games on the eShop in JP and US. EU appears to be left out for some reason, although I cannot verify this myself? It also appears that people in the US are having problems in where they do not get a download code on their reciet. It is also unclear if you will receive a theme code if you buy a game from an other online store, for example Amazon, or if you will receive a theme code if you buy a boxed copy of the game (I do think we can confirm now that these boxed versions do not come over to the US, since they did mention these editions in the EU Direct but not in the US Direct). Anyway, another way to get these themes (if you have a Japanese 3DS) is though My Nintendo Japan, both themes cost 20 gold coins each.

Then we have the "Cast theme", which to my knowledge is not announced officially yet. I can't seem to find much information about on how to get this one outside of Amazon Japan, but thanks to @Deoxyz it looks like you also get this one if you buy though Amazon US. No idea how to get one in EU though, could be Amazon as well, but in my country Amazon is not nearly as big as in the rest of the world, so I hope there will be another way to get it.

And then we also have the Celebi code for Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon which also got announced at September 13th's Nintendo Direct. Apparently you will be able to get if you buy Gold or Silver on the eShop. The same uncertainty applies about receiving this code, as in it is not clear if you get it by buying the game though the eShop, buying a download code from another retailer or if you buy the boxed copy.

I have to say all of this is a huge mess. Hopefully they will just put all 3 themes on the 3DS Theme Shop so that everybody that wants them can just buy them and doesn't have to deal with this. :S

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scried said:

@Got_Eevees Why woud you continue to save, you are still on 11.3 right?

I believe Got_Eevees is on 11.4

3 minutes ago, Scried said:

The same uncertainty applies about receiving this code, as in it is not clear if you get it by buying the game though the eShop, buying a download code from another retailer or if you buy the boxed copy.

I agree it is pretty uncertain, but I'm kinda sure that in this instance,
"purchase" simply means buying it (physical code or digital code) and installing via eShop.

Since everyone have to install it from eShop, the limiting factor here is the time period.

Effectively, "install the game within this time period, check your receipt, and you'll get the relevant codes"

@theSLAYER Yes, you find the theme codes that way. When I purchased Gold on the eShop, the eShop receipt had the code for the Gold theme and a Celebi.

After using the code from Amazon to download Silver, the eShop receipt only has a code the "Cast" theme. No Celebi, no Silver theme.

As far as I can find, we weren't given a confirmation if the European box set contains anything other than a game code. And I think all Japan gets extra is the magnet, sticker sheet, and a poster. So I don't know where these sets stand when it comes to Celebi and the 3DS themes.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Confused 1

On 20-9-2017 at 1:59 AM, Deoxyz said:

I wanted the Silver theme as well, but... this isn't even on my CFW 3DS, so I don't even know if I can obtain it the "hard" way.

I don't know on what system version you are or if you have any way of launching the homebrew launcher, but if you can there are 3dsx apps available of both Themely and Anemone3DS. With these apps you can simply inject themes from your SD-card into your 3DS. This includes custom made ones from http://3dsthem.es or http://themeplaza.eu but also official ones, which you backed up yourself of course. ;)

15 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

After using the code from Amazon to download Silver, the eShop receipt only has a code the "Cast" theme. No Celebi, no Silver theme.

As far as I can find, we weren't given a confirmation if the European box set contains anything other than a game code. And I think all Japan gets extra is the magnet, sticker sheet, and a poster. So I don't know where these sets stand when it comes to Celebi and the 3DS themes.

I was afraid that this would be the case. It's a real shame to be honest. I live in the EU and just got a massage that I will receive my boxed version of Silver tomorrow. I will report back on what's actually inside and if it comes with any codes for themes and/or Celebi. Although I already have CFW, a magnet would be pretty handy since I also ordered a flashcard for NTRboothax to help friends in need. ^_^

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hacks said:

mystery gift does work on these versions and so far i think they left all the glitches in i tested cloning and coin case and they both work. also when you try to print things it just won't let you choose yes

Yup, I managed to clone to JP.
Wanted to test coin case, but since you got it to work, I'll take your word for it

4 hours ago, Scried said:

I don't know on what system version you are or if you have any way of launching the homebrew launcher, but if you can there are 3dsx apps available of both Themely and Anemone3DS. With these apps you can simply inject themes from your SD-card into your 3DS. This includes custom made ones from http://3dsthem.es or http://themeplaza.eu but also official ones, which you backed up yourself of course. ;)

Thanks! I still have Cubic Ninja for when I need to access homebrew on my non-CFW 3DS. Last time I messed with custom themes was several years ago and it was annoying/confusing, so I never bothered again. One of those apps you mentioned should hopefully be straightforward enough for me.

They weren't on those sites you linked, but I found the official GS theme dumps on "that 3DS site", for anyone who's looking. 9_9

19 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

Thanks! I still have Cubic Ninja for when I need to access homebrew on my non-CFW 3DS. Last time I messed with custom themes was several years ago and it was annoying/confusing, so I never bothered again. One of those apps you mentioned should hopefully be straightforward enough for me.

No problem! Yeah these apps are really useful. In case you need a link, just download either Anemone3DS or Themely.3dsx and put the .3dsx file in the \3ds folder on the SD-card of your 3DS. Then make a new folder on the root of your SD-card called "themes" in which you put the folder of the theme you ripped which itself should contain at least a bgm.bcstm, body_LZ.bin and info.smdh. Then launch the Homebrew Launcher, launch either of the apps and inject the theme. Once you do you better keep it, if you change it the normal way and want to go back, you will have to scan those 16 QR-codes again. :P

19 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

They weren't on those sites you linked, but I found the official GS theme dumps on "that 3DS site", for anyone who's looking. 9_9

Those sites (should) only contain custom fan-made themes. If you want the official ones you have to look somewhere else, but it seems you were already able to find it. :)

In other news, a friend of mine received his EU boxed copy of Gold early and the only thing inside it is a download code. No poster, no stickers, no magnet, literary just a cardboard box with a download code inside... :| He did not have time to activate it and check if there was a theme and/or Celebi code on the eShop reciet though, so we can still hope. Sure the box is nice, but if I just purchased the game though eShop I would have had the Gold/Silver theme and a Celebi code. Now I am not sure what I will get.

Oh, and Serebii mentioned that @Holla! as of tomorrow the Cast Theme would also become available though My Nintendo in Europe and will cost 100 platinum coins. Guess they do it this way, since I have not seen anything about certain retailers offering this theme in Europe. On that note, it is not just Amazon in the US where you will get this theme. Serebii also mentioned that you can get this theme if you buy the game though Gamestop or BestBuy. No mention about My Nintendo US though.

Edited by Scried

2 hours ago, Scried said:

Oh, and Serebii mentioned that @Holla! as of tomorrow the Cast Theme would also become available though My Nintendo in Europe and will cost 200 platinum points. Guess they do it this way, since I have not seen anything about certain retailers offering this theme in Europe. On that note, it is not just Amazon in the US where you will get this theme. Serebii also mentioned that you can get this theme if you buy the game though Gamestop or BestBuy. No mention about My Nintendo US though.

Canadian here dude... :[ But the Gym Leader theme is ugly to me not gonna lie.

So is anyone enjoying their games? Also I heard Mystery Gift works, is it by wireless or the system's infrared port?

10 minutes ago, Holla! said:

So is anyone enjoying their games? Also I heard Mystery Gift works, is it by wireless or the system's infrared port?

I've heard it works too, but haven't tested it.

Was more interested in: 1. Crystal inject testing, 2. cloning glitch testing, 3. Coin case glitch testing XD

On the fence about finding somebody to hook me up with the cast theme. Spending another $11 for it is lame, yet I've missed out on enough out-of-print DLC already. (RBY themes, DK Original Edition, DBZ Super Butoden 2...)

9 hours ago, Holla! said:

Ah OK, sorry.

Just received my European Silver boxed edition btw and yeah it literary just is a code in a box. I activated it, checked the reciet and there is a Celebi code on there! Just no code for the Silver theme though. So I guess we can conclude that if you want codes for the regular Gold and Silver themes you have to buy the game directly from the eShop in NA and EU.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scried said:

Ah OK, sorry.

Just received my European Silver boxed edition btw and yeah it literary just is a code in a box. I activated it, checked the reciet and there is a Celebi code on there! Just no code for the Silver theme though. So I guess we can conclude that if you want codes for the regular Gold and Silver themes you have to buy the game directly from the eShop in NA and EU.

Urgh, that sucks.

hope the Japan one isn't like that

On 9/20/2017 at 8:22 AM, theSLAYER said:

I believe Got_Eevees is on 11.4

I agree it is pretty uncertain, but I'm kinda sure that in this instance,
"purchase" simply means buying it (physical code or digital code) and installing via eShop.

Since everyone have to install it from eShop, the limiting factor here is the time period.

Effectively, "install the game within this time period, check your receipt, and you'll get the relevant codes"

@theSLAYER

@Scried

Yep. The newest version. Screw Nintendo.

On 9/21/2017 at 10:27 AM, Deoxyz said:

@Deoxyz

Which site?! :D. PM me if needed.