Does Fake GTS website still exist?

Swadloon

I remember that back in Gen 5 there was a website which worked like a fake GTS, from where you could download pokémon to your saves or upload pokémon from your saves to the website. If I recall correctly, even when Nintendo WFC shut down, you were still able to connect to it and download and upload your pokémon. The questions are:

1. What website was that?

2. Does it still exist?

3. If so, can it do the same thing for later generation games?

Edited by Swadloon

@Kaphotics

What about the fan servers?

(Psst. @Swadloon )

https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator

Also, @theSLAYER There are some French Gen. V Files on that page so I AM contributing. :D (I'm also being useful. Gee whiz, I feel like N now. N:An obedient,naive,unknowing,childlike,cute persona.)

Edited by Got_Eevees
Reason for edit? It's called being decent and fixing a grammatical error.
  • Like 1

@ReignOfComputer

Good point. I think what @Swadloon is getting at is a downloading and uploading site like Porybox. (You post the .pkm7 or .WC7 or .WC7Full files for ex.) Except where you can actually see  the files. That sounds so cool...

Maybe I could make  a site like that with you?

@ReignOfComputer , at least consider it please. It sounds so cool.

Or ...

REVIVE THE OLD THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND POST A NEW ONE!!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you. I had hope that Pokécheck still existed. It looked wonderful, though most pokémon were hacked. At least, those kinds of websites should have some option to trade pokémon with yourself, so you could evolve pokémon which only evolve by trading, since Pokébank doesn't allow you to do that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Got_Eevees said:

@ReignOfComputer

Good point. I think what @Swadloon is getting at is a downloading and uploading site like Porybox. (You post the .pkm7 or .WC7 or .WC7Full files for ex.) Except where you can actually see  the files. That sounds so cool...

Maybe I could make  a site like that with you?

@ReignOfComputer , at least consider it please. It sounds so cool.

Or ...

REVIVE THE OLD THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND POST A NEW ONE!!!!!

There is a site that can already do this and it is made by the moderators of r/pokemontrades. It's called Porybox

I really wish Porybox had a legality analysis. I mostly used Pokecheck for the legality analysis, and the screenshot function of that. ((Though the Gen 4 -> Gen 5 transfer was super nice before I had a save manager, as it let me keep pokemon on both generations)) 

PKHex is really nice because it can check legality super fast, but I really do miss the ease of sharing the analysis. 

8 hours ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

There is a site that can already do this and it is made by the moderators of r/pokemontrades. It's called Porybox

@wrathsoffire76 I said that in my post. It's right there. Not edited. I said it. Right there. :/. You see,

I signed up for it because you said  it was 'so awesome' and such. I found no such thing. Where is the search function? Where's anything? So store your own Pokes? *sigh* Fill me in if I'm missing something.

6 hours ago, Britty said:

I really wish Porybox had a legality analysis. I mostly used Pokecheck for the legality analysis, and the screenshot function of that. ((Though the Gen 4 -> Gen 5 transfer was super nice before I had a save manager, as it let me keep pokemon on both generations)) 

PKHex is really nice because it can check legality super fast, but I really do miss the ease of sharing the analysis. 

@Britty

Yes, one's supposed to come soon. Though soon has been an awful lot of weeks... -_-. G aren't they so nice making us wait?

(I know it takes tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime.)

@Swadloon

Glad to hear about that trading feature. It sounds sooo nice.

*sparkly eyes* 

*sigh*

If Porygon doesn't make a search function magically appear, would you like to make a thread like that one? You know..Swadly and Eevee's Amazing Global Trade Thread. Or only the Swadly if you wish...:(. *sigh* If so, rip-Eevee.....

.....pwease........

5 minutes ago, Got_Eevees said:

@wrathsoffire76 I said that in my post. It's right there. Not edited. I said it. Right there. :/. You see,

I signed up for it because you said  it was 'so awesome' and such. I found no such thing. Where is the search function? Where's anything? So store your own Pokes? *sigh* Fill me in if I'm missing something.

Oh whoops, I didn't see that. My bad

There is no search feature, you can have a kind-of search feature by looking at the Pokemon in the database if you have the same Pokémon (Probably won't apply to personal Pokémon) 

@wrathsoffire76

/:( I know. I just found out.

no search function... *this has been censored by the National Censorship Association for your safety...*

Anyways, nice site though.

Wanna make. a GTS thread?

You,me,Swadly ( @Swadloon ), and @ReignOfComputer (if he can)?

How does that sound? :D.

Edited by Got_Eevees
The struggle is real. You HAVE to fix grammatical errors.

On 07/09/2017 at 1:43 PM, Got_Eevees said:

@wrathsoffire76

/:( I know. I just found out.

no search function... *this has been censored by the National Censorship Association for your safety...*

Anyways, nice site though.

Wanna make. a GTS thread?

You,me,Swadly ( @Swadloon ), and @ReignOfComputer (if he can)?

How does that sound? :D.

It sounds nice. Though, I'm just a newbie at programming/hacking. I don't think I could help with any project at all. 

Porybox is kinda stalled at the moment due to the main contributors being busy with other things. Legality is planned (and there's been some progress), search is planned, along with a number of other features, but at this point, we'll probably need some help to get these things going.

If anyone's interested in contributing:

https://github.com/porybox/porybox

https://github.com/porybox/pokemon-legality-checker

• Like 1

@Swadloon

Nah. It's easy. You just need to believe in yourself. *Plays the 'I believe I can fly' song*

All you do: get a ROM and stuff on a computer,get a save tool program,select the pokemon you want,get the file,upload. Problem Solved.(TM Staples,Fair use blah blah)

:D If you need more insight PM me and I'll explain it all. ;). *Hugs*