Information about Japanese PM1 & PM2 Event Pokémon

• 4 months later...

According to the next replies of this tweet (Translated by Google, which could be wrong) it goes by:

"一番最初のミュウプレゼント(応募者全員)ですね。ポケモン赤を小学館に郵送してミュウを入れて戻ってきたものです。識別用のシール貼ったままになってます。"

"It's the very first Mew present (all applicants). I mailed Pokemon Red to Shogakukan and returned with Mew. The identification sticker is still attached."

And matsuru12 is still using Twitter, so there's a possibility to archive this. (I assume the red numbers could be the ID)

B9AJbfMIQAAZkW0.jpg

Also this seems to be some sort of documentation of CoroCoro Mew (again, translated by Google):

"コロコロの懸賞でミュウ当選時に来た、オーキド博士からの手紙。家宝。ポケモン発売から半年ちょいだが、既に続編の話が出ていた。"

"A letter from Dr. Orchid (Professor Oak) who came when Miu (Mew) was elected in the Korokoro Sweepstakes. Heirloom.It's been half a year since Pokemon was released, but the sequel has already been talked about."

EvMfEO2VIAQQ6-6.thumb.jpg.b7c9c78eb25cb36b78b473e421729f5c.jpgEvMfFH_VoAEmRIv.thumb.jpg.91cc4424fa193152cccad2c19bb0cff3.jpg

Another one found (Sorry for the long post):

"物置の整理してたら初代ポケモン青赤とGB本体出てきた約20年ぶりに起動したけど、データ生きててコロコロのイベントで貰ったミュウも健在w手持ちで最新のホワイト・プラチナあたりに移せないか調べてみたけど無理っぽい…ちょっと残念だけどこのまま処分かなぁ"

Translated by Google:

"When I arranged the storeroom, the first Pokemon blue red and GB body came outIt started for the first time in about 20 years, but the data is alive and the Miu I got at the Korokoro event is still alive.I tried to find out if I could move it to the latest white platinum on hand, but it seems impossible ...I wonder where to dispose of it, just a little disappointing"

Judging by the stats it looks legit, but that OT seems different than any other before.

Edit: OT is ドンキー (DONKEY) it could be possible that it references Donkey Kong. (ドンキーコング)

EMPP-v1VAAAMbpw.jpg

Edited by TotalTS

Wow! That's amazing!
I also found something a while ago which I forgot to share here for some reason...

image0.jpg
Source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/sylphwatch/archives/6683625.html

I think with this it is confirmed that コロコロ Mew with IDs over 01000 are potentially possible, but this should be taken with a grain of salt. It's unknown from which CoroCoro issue this is coming from, but this article is about all the requests to distribute CoroCoro Mew when they stopped distributing them, so the screenshot was most likely made after the last distribition and before the first Special Machine distribution.

On 8/19/2021 at 1:05 AM, TotalTS said:

According to the next replies of this tweet (Translated by Google, which could be wrong) it goes by:

"一番最初のミュウプレゼント(応募者全員)ですね。ポケモン赤を小学館に郵送してミュウを入れて戻ってきたものです。識別用のシール貼ったままになってます。"

"It's the very first Mew present (all applicants). I mailed Pokemon Red to Shogakukan and returned with Mew. The identification sticker is still attached."

And matsuru12 is still using Twitter, so there's a possibility to archive this. (I assume the red numbers could be the ID)

B9AJbfMIQAAZkW0.jpg

Would be good to know from which distribution this is coming from, if this was really from the very first Mew Distribution this is a piece of gold.
This sticker looks very familiar, those were also used for the ニンテン Pikachu distribution.
The red number has nothing to do with the ID No. though...

nami6.jpg
Source: https://dorao.blog.ss-blog.jp/2010-11-15

Also this seems to be some sort of documentation of CoroCoro Mew (again, translated by Google):

"コロコロの懸賞でミュウ当選時に来た、オーキド博士からの手紙。家宝。ポケモン発売から半年ちょいだが、既に続編の話が出ていた。"

"A letter from Dr. Orchid (Professor Oak) who came when Miu (Mew) was elected in the Korokoro Sweepstakes. Heirloom.It's been half a year since Pokemon was released, but the sequel has already been talked about."

EvMfEO2VIAQQ6-6.thumb.jpg.b7c9c78eb25cb36b78b473e421729f5c.jpgEvMfFH_VoAEmRIv.thumb.jpg.91cc4424fa193152cccad2c19bb0cff3.jpg

「ミュウ」のご当選おめでとう!私がオーキド博士じゃ。
「ミュウ」を手に入れるためには、以下のようにしてくれたまえ。
この約束を守らないと君に「ミュウ」がわたせなくなってしまうから、充分注意するのじゃぞ!

1 ただ単純に「ミュウ」をあげることはできません。
まず、あなたの「ポケットモンスター」の中に、「ミュウ」の代わりに交換に出すポケモン(つまり、いなくなってもかまわないポケモン)を、必ず、1匹入れておいてください。

交換に出すポケモンは、主人公が持つファイルの一番上においておくようにしてください。(下図参照)

ここに置いておくこと→

注意! 交換に出すポケモンは、たくさん出現して、レベルの低いポケモン、たとえばポッポなどにしましょう!

2 同封した封筒にあなたの「ポケットモンスター」を入れ、封筒のオモテにあて先、封筒のウラに交換に出すポケモンの名前と君の住所、名前を書いて、190円の切手をはってポストに投函してください。

〒101-01 東京神田郵便局私書箱93号
小学館コロコロコミック
「ミュウプレゼント」係

3 約2週間から3週間くらいで、「ミュウ」の入った「ポケットモンスター」があなたの家に到着します。

ともだちにミュウをあげると、ともだちの「ずかん」にもミュウの情報が書さこまねるぞ。
くれぐれも、ともだちにとられたりしないようにな!

オーキド博士

199610月吉日

Finally we have a proper description about how they had to prepare their game cartridges!

ミュウの当選、おめでとうございます!

待たせたのう!
捕まえたミュウをデータ化するのにちょっとばかり待間がかかってしまってな。
さあ、もうすでに、君のゲームカセットの中にはミュウが入っている!

ともだちと交換すると、ともだちの「ずかん」にも記録されるので、どんどん交換してくれたまえ。
しかし、ミュウは、かならず、自分のカセットにもどしてもらうことじゃ。

そうそう、「ポケットモンスター」をつくったスタッフは「ポケットモンスター2」の製作をはじめておる。
いま、きみが待っている「ポケットモンスター」のポケモンを「ポケットモンスター2」にうつすこともできるらしいので、いま待っている「ポケットモンスター」も大事にしておいたほうがよいぞ。

それでは「ポケモン2」でまた会おう!

オーキド博士

Not sure if I would have shared Mew with my friends back in the days... :D 

Another one found (Sorry for the long post):

"物置の整理してたら初代ポケモン青赤とGB本体出てきた約20年ぶりに起動したけど、データ生きててコロコロのイベントで貰ったミュウも健在w手持ちで最新のホワイト・プラチナあたりに移せないか調べてみたけど無理っぽい…ちょっと残念だけどこのまま処分かなぁ"

Translated by Google:

"When I arranged the storeroom, the first Pokemon blue red and GB body came outIt started for the first time in about 20 years, but the data is alive and the Miu I got at the Korokoro event is still alive.I tried to find out if I could move it to the latest white platinum on hand, but it seems impossible ...I wonder where to dispose of it, just a little disappointing"

Judging by the stats it looks legit, but that OT seems different than any other before.

Edit: OT is ドンキー (DONKEY) it could be possible that it references Donkey Kong. (ドンキーコング)

EMPP-v1VAAAMbpw.jpg

This is from Nintendo Space World '97.

Edited by ajxpk

On 8/19/2021 at 2:30 PM, ajxpk said:

The red number has nothing to do with the ID No. though...

This is from Nintendo Space World '97.

Well, great to know!

Another possible Corocoro Mew:

1903761502_dfzw5182-D-Tpy9oVAAAdVSy.thumb.jpg.90a90be953f25b0534a25ab7db1fb817.jpg

And a Makuhari Mew (Spaceworld '99):

1154293761_Mtrc0-E49Wa1xVkAQ6XWt.thumb.jpg.855565149cca9709f98db0d7eb87dbaa.jpg

And another possible CoroCoro Mew:

922142537_daikichi_8346-CcTGwgxUsAApGWg.thumb.jpg.29c0aa07f14e96da4d2c6939b59b6e3d.jpg

Edited by TotalTS

The 00185 one looks good, I think it could be real. 45280 is a hack.

クッパ is just like ドンキー from Nintendo Space World '97 .

D-EQwf0U4AEDyZC.jpg.d87f55fa0837d5d398421e903d69f3d7.jpg

Q この前、任天堂スペースワールド、やってミュウをゲットしました。ところで、僕のはルイージだったのですが、一体、何人「おや」がいたんでしょうか。 千葉県/PN.ビッグサイトー

A 某誌のプレゼントかバグ技でしか手に入らなかった幻のミュウを、太っ腹の10万人にプレゼントした大企画。編集部にもゲットするために、幕張メッセに並んだ者もいました。ところで、「おや」の人数ですが、「『クッパ』『ドンキー』『ルイージ』『ヨッシー』『ピーチ』の5つ」(任天堂広報部)が用意されていたそうです。でも、任天堂の顔ともいえる、例のキャラクターが「おや」になっていんですけど・・・・・・。

▲これが噂のミュウです。ちなみに、このミュウの親は、ヨッシーです。

Edited by ajxpk

• Guest changed the title to Information about Japanese PM1 & PM2 Event Pokémon
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AkonnWalker said:

Hey that's mine! i actually own the cartridge, and with some other ppl from the forum we are looking if its legit, here you have a post from reddit explaining my story: 

I can't tell if it's a legit or a hacked one, just shared the picture for archival purposes, I guess the most important step for this is find a way to backup your save file before the battery dies.
My suggestion, get a GB Operator, the Joey Jr used to be the most cheap option but nowadays is around $60, GB Operator is around $45.
https://www.epilogue.co/product/gb-operator

If you can't afford it, contact someone who owns a device to dump the save file.

9 hours ago, TotalTS said:

I can't tell if it's a legit or a hacked one, just shared the picture for archival purposes, I guess the most important step for this is find a way to backup your save file before the battery dies.
My suggestion, get a GB Operator, the Joey Jr used to be the most cheap option but nowadays is around $60, GB Operator is around $45.
https://www.epilogue.co/product/gb-operator

If you can't afford it, contact someone who owns a device to dump the save file.

Dont worry, we have already backed up the save!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 8:32 PM, AkonnWalker said:

If it's backed up, then why hasn't it been uploaded here yet? At least upload the save so we can enjoy it :)

On 7/17/2022 at 8:32 PM, AkonnWalker said:

Almost a full year later, and you last visited the forums slightly over a month ago, and no response to my above comment. Why?

• 11 months later...
On 7/22/2022 at 6:34 PM, PLAFiles said:

If it's backed up, then why hasn't it been uploaded here yet? At least upload the save so we can enjoy it :)

Almost a full year later, and you last visited the forums slightly over a month ago, and no response to my above comment. Why?

Hey, I don't usually come here anymore. It's been a busy year! It hasn't been uploaded for two main reasons:

1. I'm not really comfortable with sharing the Pokémon. It's kind of special to me, and I want to keep it exclusive.

2. The people involved in verifying if the Mew is real (tolovel, gridelin, Mr. Batman, Julius, and me) have all agreed not to post it to prevent people from using it inappropriately. You can guess what I mean."

sorry for my late response.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 8:54 AM, AkonnWalker said:

I'm not really comfortable with sharing the Pokémon. It's kind of special to me, and I want to keep it exclusive.

sorry for my late response.

Strange, but gotcha. Yeah, at least make sure you have a backup of the Pokémon on a computer and then back that up as well. Literal history.