FRLG Summary Screen Freeze

jereellison

Trying to add in a Seel at the beginning of FRLG. I didn't want anything fancy, just Seel.

Got it into the game using PKHeX, but it keeps freezing when going to Seel's summary screen.

Any idea on how to address this? I've scoured Google, but can't seem to turn anything up regarding how best I could fix this, if it's even possible. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: If it matters, I'm doing this on the Pi so we can play on the TV, and I'm using WinSCP to transfer the saves.

Edited by jereellison

It was freezing with an emulator too, so we can eliminate the device as a possible problem.

At first I thought it may be not having the pokedex, but that still didn't solve it. I then edited the Seel's level up to 2 (since level 1 is never valid pre-Gen4), and that stopped the freezing.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

Oh! So I just need to bump up to level 2? I'll try it and see if it works. Thanks! :-D

That worked, and you're brilliant.

This is actually for my wife. She has always wanted a Seel, but they come up so much later in games that she never really gets to use one. Know that you made a very beautiful woman even prettier by the smile this will put on her face. :-D

• Like 2