Ribbon Master Quest

doa10290

Hi. Gonna try and get all ribbons on a Suicune from Colosseum. I don't want to do 100+ resets to get the right nature and IVs, so I'm planning to edit this once I transfer it over to the GBA/DS games. There's just a few things I wanted to ask:

• What do I need to edit saves?
  • Does it make a difference which game I do this on?
  • Will it be able to transfer across to the current gen games?

What's the point of undertaking the ribbon master journey if you're just going to hack your Pokemon? I got lucky and got a Bold Suicune in 1 attempt. You can get a time flute before you encounter it. So you can save before the battle, use the time flute to purify it and check it's nature. If that's too much work for you, you probably shouldn't even bother with a ribbon master because it's a TON of work. 

PKHeX or the Colosseum/XD: Save editor would work best if you want to edit your Colosseum Suicune. 

It does make a difference which game you do it on. The battle tower in Ruby/Sapphire is much easier than Emerald. You also need a game with a working internal battery if you intend to blend your own Pokeblocks. But if you're fine with cheating, might as well give yourself max contest stats. 

As long as it's not so overly-hacked that the terrible GameFreak legitimacy checkers don't catch it, you should have no trouble migrating it to the current gen games. 

You're going to need to complete Colosseum to trade your Suicune over to Ruby/Sapphire and a GameCube to GBA cable. (Unless you're doing this on emulators. Then just use Triggers PC to move it)

You'll need a complete gen 4 save to migrate from gen 3. Again, unless you're using an R4 or have CFW or whatever. Lately I've been using PKHeX to inject Pokemon into my R4 saves and trading them over to my legit carts to migrate them because migrating from gen 3-4 sucks. 

You'll need a complete gen 5 save to migrate from gen 4 and to migrate to gen 6. You're going to need 2 complete gen 6 saves. X or Y and OR or AS. 

And a complete gen 7 save. 

Your ribbon master doesn't need a good nature or IV's to complete the journey. As you can see with my E-reader Scizor. My Suicune below. Good luck on your journey. As I said, it's a TON of work. But it's all worth it in the end. 

1Aaa.jpg

Legit Bold Suicune.jpg

SteamRolled.png

• Proud 1

It was something I wanted to avoid, but it's because I want it to be in a master ball which can only be done on its second encounter, and it's nature will be locked then. So when I said resets, I meant total game resets, not just the encounter. I probably should've mentioned that. But I don't see how a nature change would have any impact on the ribbon quest.

And yeah I guess the IVs don't matter because I can max them in the current gen, but I still would like to be able to use it competitively so I want a good nature.

Anyways I wasn't expecting to get a reply as detailed as yours so I really appreciate it. I think I saw your vids on YouTube, SteamRollr rings a bell lol.

Edited by doa10290

1 hour ago, HaxAras said:

Making ribbon master Pokémon is a hobby I enjoy quite a lot. Check out the Reddit/Discord as well. Everyone on there try to be friendly and helpful if you have questions, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be glad to help.

Are you playing Colosseum on an emulator? Cause in that case, I would suggest hacking in a master ball. Or you could use a save editor to change the Pokeball and not do any major hacking of your future ribbon master.

SteamRoller is my precious. I originally only got it to beat the battle tower in gen 3. Now it's my favorite Pokémon in existence.

I might have to check it out then.

No I'm playing it on the Wii, just started a new game today. I've actually ordered an SD Media Launcher, which I can use to edit the save on Colosseum. So would you suggest that I change the pokeball rather than the nature?

6 hours ago, doa10290 said:

I might have to check it out then.

No I'm playing it on the Wii, just started a new game today. I've actually ordered an SD Media Launcher, which I can use to edit the save on Colosseum. So would you suggest that I change the pokeball rather than the nature?

I found out you can use a 20$ GameCube/Wii Action Replay and a generic SD reader memory card. The GameCube AR will load up the data off the SD card if it's in the B slot. 
Change the nature and you change the PID. You don't need to modify the PID to change the ball. So you could SR for a nature you want and switch to the ball you want later. Up to you obviously.