Who thinks the people on here are too serious?

Got_Eevees

If you read the title ,some people could lighten up. (I mean just not be so rawr,business-like.)

They need a hug.

A big hug.

From me.

You too!

Do you agree?

We do  need to be professional but at the same time have heart and be kind in a way like we are all friends.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Got_Eevees said:

We do  need to be professional but at the same time have heart and be kind in a way like we are all friends.

I'll say it depends on what thread you're replying to.

All the sections have a criteria to be followed, for good reason.

Off-topic talk easily derails the main purpose of the thread, and adds unnecessary information to threads that could be meant to be technical.
If you want non-serious chats, off-topic area is a good example.

In any case, I don't believe that this thread meets the "creative discussion" criteria, since we aren't discussing art and creations,
so I'm moving this to off-topic.

Let's continue to be friendly :)

11 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I'll say it depends on what thread you're replying to.

All the sections have a criteria to be followed, for good reason.

Off-topic talk easily derails the main purpose of the thread, and adds unnecessary information to threads that could be meant to be technical.
If you want non-serious chats, off-topic area is a good example.

In any case, I don't believe that this thread meets the "creative discussion" criteria, since we aren't discussing art and creations,
so I'm moving this to off-topic.

Let's continue to be friendly :)

I understand the moving.

However, everything but the last line seemed too serious for me.

Shouldn't we outwardly express happiness and friendliness?

It's probably okay to express happiness and friendliness, as long as the post remains relevant.

In other words, for more technical threads, the post must contribute to the discussion in some way or form.
The happiness and friendliness can be part of the conversation, but that cannot be the sole purpose of the post.

That being said, how people express their happiness and friendliness may be different, and can also be interpreted differently.

I typically express more emotions towards events-related stuff, and I try to express friendliness with emojis :)

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

Uh, I think I might sound a bit too cold most of the time? People usually believes that due to my constant ellipses.

While I don't directly use emojis, I try to use "xD" ":c" ":x", "._.", ".-." or exclamation marks to show some emotions. It's not like I'm some robot thing or whatever, I just feel the need to maintain certain seriousness when I'm not among my close friends.

• Like 1

Since you asked; I believe that most people on here are serious; they're serious about their contributions and take-aways from the site. And that's a great thing!

At the same time, there are some people that are not serious/thoughtful enough.  

Sometimes the most friendliest/kindest thing you can do is to check someone. Its obviously up to you on how you choose to handle your emotions in that situation. People commonly read or search for intention and tone in text. I find that if a text reply is vague or ambiguous the meaning of the message could be lost due to the lack of emotional restraint from the recipient of that message.

However, since we are in this section of the site: Rick and Morty is freaking awesommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme!  Season 3 on now, watch it! (in Rick's voice)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

It's probably okay to express happiness and friendliness, as long as the post remains relevant.

In other words, for more technical threads, the post must contribute to the discussion in some way or form.
The happiness and friendliness can be part of the conversation, but that cannot be the sole purpose of the post.

That being said, how people express their happiness and friendliness may be different, and can also be interpreted differently.

I typically express more emotions towards events-related stuff, and I try to express friendliness with emojis :)

@theSLAYER

see...

The only proof besides the emojis is a "Dude" I found you saying one time.

And again everything but the emoji was too technical and informal.

8 hours ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Uh, I think I might sound a bit too cold most of the time? People usually believes that due to my constant ellipses.

While I don't directly use emojis, I try to use "xD" ":c" ":x", "._.", ".-." or exclamation marks to show some emotions. It's not like I'm some robot thing or whatever, I just feel the need to maintain certain seriousness when I'm not among my close friends.

@Ruby Genseki

*sigh* Believe me, you don't seem too serious to me.

You're one of the most outward people on here.

7 hours ago, Holla! said:

At least it's not like GBATemp lol

@Holla!

Well..

While some people can be too cold on there, on the posts I've read, most people are friendly.

3 hours ago, evandixon said:

18f53a963e6a1a52908a8329f8a94a91-d4d80z0.jpeg

I couldn't resist :P

@evandixon

xD Good one.

I finally found your friendly side. :D

2 hours ago, Kirzi said:

Serious is a pretty bad nature anyway.

@Kirzi

So true...

P.S. I'm gonna send you a message soon.

Be on the lookout.

2 hours ago, jasenyoface said:

Since you asked; I believe that most people on here are serious; they're serious about their contributions and take-aways from the site. And that's a great thing!

At the same time, there are some people that are not serious/thoughtful enough.  

Sometimes the most friendliest/kindest thing you can do is to check someone. Its obviously up to you on how you choose to handle your emotions in that situation. People commonly read or search for intention and tone in text. I find that if a text reply is vague or ambiguous the meaning of the message could be lost due to the lack of emotional restraint from the recipient of that message.

However, since we are in this section of the site: Rick and Morty is freaking awesommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme!  Season 3 on now, watch it! (in Rick's voice)

First sentence: I agree.

2nd: wut? Too serious? *shivers down da spine*

3-5:Hm.. I guess.

Heh, I just might start watching it then..

@jasenyoface

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

@Got_Eevees well well, emotions could easily distort the meaning of a technical portion of a reply, hahaha

@theSLAYER

yes,but...

People still seem too serious.

By the way, I got mixed up.

It was @HaxAras that said the "dude", not you.

So, prove me wrong by being more happy?

:D It would be a good idea...

@evandixon

EXACTLY!

Project Pokemon NEEDS to

"Touch the heart of people!"

@evandixon

I mean, it is true!

• Hahaha 1

12 hours ago, Got_Eevees said:

yes,but...

People still seem too serious.

By the way, I got mixed up.

It was @HaxAras that said the "dude", not you.

So, prove me wrong by being more happy?

:D It would be a good idea...

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I hate being serious. I'm only serious when I have to be.

My goal here is to to be an asset where possible. Being a videogame collector puts me in a somewhat unique position. I have access to a ton of stuff most people don't care to own or can't track down. I like to be the guy who can get stuff nobody else can. Right now I'm working on beating Colosseum in German so I can get the un-released Colosseum Pikachu and Agate Celebi in German and the second set of German E-reader mons using official hardware. 

• Proud 1