Volunteers needed with cleaning animated gifs for Event Gallery

theSLAYER

4 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I think they're great!
Testing:

Transparency and animations are both workig!

Great and thanks for the award :D How do you set up the animation like that to test them?

Edit: nvm figured it out :) Probably not in the correct way though haha

Species   Shadow Lugia
 Nickname   (default, save lang) 
 OT   (TBA) 
 TID   (recipient) 
 Distribution   TEST 
 PID   Cannot Be Shiny 
 Games    
  Cherish Ball Lv. 100  

ezgif-3-ed79755464.png.4bd2a191d03c9966f84046f2c524ff50.png

Edited by andrewism
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, andrewism said:

Finished the rest of Scizor and also did the Scyther gifs! :)

Shiny Scizor: shiny-scizor.png.109c53384b5391db47b8707eacd36e29.png      Shiny Female Scizor: shiny-scizor-f.png.e67625b83b6cce48a743189cae1cc8c9.png     Shiny Mega Scizor:59f94133758d5_shinyscizor-mega.png.4df1797338a83ca1b65953f7fed903c9.png

Scyther:scyther.png.3fe1efa9d1ad25f56aa01d6d60aedb3c.png     Female Scyther:scyther-f.png.b91f5b41af7cfb98a482aab46932bd93.png     Shiny Scyther:59f94134e3ca7_shinyscyther.png.00c5da91a904d5493af4f52551bd2ae5.png     Shiny Female Scyther: 59f94137520f6_shinyscyther-f.png.b7cd2f8265022929101cc3abbca72a97.png

sweet! you work fast dude!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Spiderfog said:

I know that the end goal for these are to be in animated png format, but is it possible for these to  be made available as gifs as well for use on other sites, etc.?

GIF format doesn't support partial transparency (either opaque or fully transparent), hence why it had to be in the animated png format.
(animated gif allow for the color of the wings to be partially transparent)

Excluding the animated PNGs we are trying to make due to those certain few models being semi-transparent thus showing the pokedex background in their animation, all the existing animated gifs came from http://www.pkparaiso.com/, downloaded from http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-SUN-MOON-Gen-7-Pokemon-Sprites-For-Gif-Reference

I suggest downloading and using those from there, and giving credits to pkparaiso (which we also did, at our event gallery page)

23 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

I read someone here was talking about using a capture card to record the gifs. But you can also just use a screen recording tool on Citra. Though it's still annoying to cut the gif to a perfect loop and remove the background afterwards......

Here's Partner Cap Pikachu:

Partner_Cap_Pikachu.gif

Perfect, I needed this! XD

16 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

GIF format doesn't support partial transparency (either opaque or fully transparent), hence why it had to be in the animated png format.
(animated gif allow for the color of the wings to be partially transparent)

Excluding the animated PNGs we are trying to make due to those certain few models being semi-transparent thus showing the pokedex background in their animation, all the existing animated gifs came from http://www.pkparaiso.com/, downloaded from http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-SUN-MOON-Gen-7-Pokemon-Sprites-For-Gif-Reference

I suggest downloading and using those from there, and giving credits to pkparaiso (which we also did, at our event gallery page)

Could all these animated ones being made here be made available in gif format as well, but with the partial transparent parts being fully transparent? I've been looking for cleaned models of Pokemon without the Pokedex in the transparent parts like Pheromosa and Scizor for a while now, but nowhere else has done it yet and I'm not proficient enough at image editing to edit gifs and do so myself.

9 hours ago, Spiderfog said:

Could all these animated ones being made here be made available in gif format as well, but with the partial transparent parts being fully transparent? I've been looking for cleaned models of Pokemon without the Pokedex in the transparent parts like Pheromosa and Scizor for a while now, but nowhere else has done it yet and I'm not proficient enough at image editing to edit gifs and do so myself.

try using online software to convert the Apng to gif. It'll either become fully transparent, or opaque. It's probably worth a shot, since I doubt anyone will commit to it ><

edit:
Thanks @BlackShark! will you be going the shiny ones?

My house network is down, so this will give me something else to do, while being network-less XD

edit again:
I think a few of the Pokemon have a small bit of their body cut-off, such as Naganadel.
It's okay for it the gif to cover slightly more area. It's not too difficult to crop it down to the correct size during the background removal process

For certain Pokemon, such as Ultra Necrozma, it may be easier to the the screen-capture in the Pokedex. (I think this way, the full body will be in the shot)

Simply go into Pokedex, then zoom all the way out

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Thanks @BlackShark! will you be going the shiny ones?

My house network is down, so this will give me something else to do, while being network-less XD

edit again:
I think a few of the Pokemon have a small bit of their body cut-off, such as Naganadel.
It's okay for it the gif to cover slightly more area. It's not too difficult to crop it down to the correct size during the background removal process

For certain Pokemon, such as Ultra Necrozma, it may be easier to the the screen-capture in the Pokedex. (I think this way, the full body will be in the shot)

Simply go into Pokedex, then zoom all the way out

I didn't even know that you can zoom out the Pokemon in the Pokedex. Good to know, thanks!

Naganadel was probably an accident, I did new captures of it and Ultra Necrozma. I am going to do the shinys as well but probably not before next week.

gifs.zip

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

try using online software to convert the Apng to gif. It'll either become fully transparent, or opaque. It's probably worth a shot, since I doubt anyone will commit to it ><

I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the help!

Hi! I'm new here, I was looking for a shiny naganadel gif and I read that you need some help with the gifs, so I tried with naganadel. Have i done it right? if yes, i can try to do more gifs... but, there's a faster way to clean the background? i'm using photoshop cs3, and I have to do this manually, level by level, with the "magic wander" ^^"

P.S. : sorry for my bad english ^^"

5a2ba61098758_NaganadelAnimated.gif.4a3ffe8d6bce391c24d7f6aa2ce5573f.gif

Edited by parsath
Error with the gif
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4